Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case no one has posted..... The site to update banking information for stimulus payment is up!!!

I tried it but if course, it did not work for me but may for others.

Get My Payment | Internal Revenue Service
Didn't work for me, either. Glad I'm not the only one. It came back with something like "cannot determine at this time" (paraphrased)

:D:D:D:DI just looked, and I have an "ACH Credit IRS Treas Tax Ref" for $1,200 that just hit my bank account as a deposit overnight.

ETA: It was gone last week before I received it. I gave the amount to help those more in need than myself. My little part to help others.

And where is it again that you are located? TIA

UK daily briefing.

"Coronavirus updates: Health Secretary Matt Hancock briefs media - BBC News" Coronavirus updates: Health Secretary Matt Hancock briefs media - BBC News

1. Older patients not ignored, says Hancock
    Asked whether caring for younger patients has been a priority and older people have died unnecessarily, Matt Hancock replies this is "very obviously not" the case.

Prof Angela McLean, the UK’s deputy chief scientific adviser, says the UK must "try everything we can" to make sure new outbreaks do not occur in care homes yet to see cases.

Article share tools
  2. Posted at 17:3317:33
    BREAKINGMerkel eases lockdown measures
    German Chancellor Angela Merkel has announced plans to ease the country's lockdown.

Social distancing measures will remain in place until 3 May, and Ms Merkel recommended people wear face masks on public transport and in shops.

But from next week shops under 800 square metres will be allowed to open. Children in primary school and the last year of high school will return to class from 4 May.

According to Germany's Robert Koch Institute (RKI), the country has 127,584 confirmed cases and has reported 3,254 deaths

Article share tools
  3. Posted at 17:3117:31
    NHS Providers 'confident' the NHS could cope with the peak
    d19ce0f2-3638-4e07-8f77-1111c9e11e39.jpg

Nick Triggle

Health Correspondent

Good news regarding hospital patients – numbers with coronavirus getting treatment in UK down by 1% in past day with biggest drop – 5% - seen in London.

Earlier today NHS Providers, which represents hospitals, said it was increasingly confident the NHS could cope with the peak, praising the public for following social distancing rules and staff for working hard under relentless pressure.

Article share tools
  4. Posted at 17:2917:29
    'We cannot safely say we are past the peak'
    Asked about why the UK was not discussing easing lockdown measures, as other countries which appear to have passed the peak have begun to do, Chief Medical Officer Prof Chris Whitty said: "We have not hit a point we can say confidently and safely this is past the peak and we can think about the next stages."

He said he expected the number of recorded deaths to jump mid-week after a four-day bank holiday weekend.

Matt Hancock said it was too early to make changes and the advice remained to everybody to "stay home".

Last edited:
Nothing here. And my Mom has still not been able to get a dime from unemployment insurance in Nevada. It is so bad, there is actually a Facebook group for people who are frustrated by the whole mess.

Florida is another state that is a disaster for unemployment insurance benefits. And everyone at Disney, about 35,000 or more are going to be filing next week.
Disney World workers stage protest of Florida’s bogged down unemployment system
Pennsylvania is the same! Seems their system crashed week before last and some lost their claims and now say inactive. My husband signed up in February for PA UI and finally got one weeks worth the end of March and nothing since.

Question. Have you, or anyone you know received Any of the billions of dollars promised?
We know of nobody getting anything.
We're in California, maybe it's being released State by State?
Many of my family members and friends have gotten their stimulus. States are Arkansas and Louisiana, if that makes a difference.

In case no one has posted..... The site to update banking information for stimulus payment is up!!!

I tried it but of course, it did not work for me but may for others.

Get My Payment | Internal Revenue Service

It didn’t work for me either. Couldn’t even find me in the system! I ended up having to pay a little bit last year and hoped I could provide my banking information.

Question. Have you, or anyone you know received Any of the billions of dollars promised?
We know of nobody getting anything.
We're in California, maybe it's being released State by State?

I know in Utah over 26K small business aid has been approved. No word on if any funds have been distributed. And some people I know have received their personal deposits. Me and my husband are still waiting.

Does anyone know of a good alternative to dish soap? I am almost out, and will try to get some on my desk online grocery order, but not even sure they will have it. I will look online for some possible substitutes, but wonder if anyone has some ideas.

It is a common practice in FL. A home watch person typically runs the dishwasher (seals dry out), flushes toilet, puts water in drains so trap doesn't evaporate (stinks to high heaven if it does). Makes sure the HVAC is functioning (FL humidity can lead to significant mold damage). They do other odds and ends, depending on the home.
Thank you......good to know as I had no idea. Yikes.

I'm not sure that there will be enough fish, either.

California considers limited ban on freshwater fishing during pandemic

Washington and Oregon likely to follow suit. Not enough Atlantic fishing for everyone to get fish.

Of course, if people are willing to eat farmed fish, that business might boom. They often use antibiotics in their fish, so we personally don't choose to eat it. We stocked up from a mail order company that sells wild caught salmon and tuna (canned).

Hey Cody22. Good to see you. Sending you a breakfast burrito to go along with your coffee!

Good morning to all....... Midland County Texas Virus Report..... 35 cases - 2 deaths. Five of the cases are in a Health Care/Rehab type facility with four of the cases being Care Staff........Yall stay safe today....We are fine here. Time for a little coffee.........:).........moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx