Commercial Tests Completed

64 of 64
Parishes with Reported Cases

Tuesday 4/14
21,518 Cases Reported*
1,013 Deaths Reported
64 of 64 parishes

Coronavirus (COVID-19) | Department of Health | State of Louisiana

It didn’t work for me either. Couldn’t even find me in the system! I ended up having to pay a little bit last year and hoped I could provide my banking information.
My guess is that screen is automatic - until they actually get the portal hooked up to a database that allows you to put in the bank account information as promised - Payment Status not available is pretty generic IMO. I haven't found anyone who got a different screen so far.
JMO

Does anyone know of a good alternative to dish soap? I am almost out, and will try to get some on my desk online grocery order, but not even sure they will have it. I will look online for some possible substitutes, but wonder if anyone has some ideas.
I"m not sure exactly what you mean but I am using antibacterial dishwashing liquid and am watering it down one to one with water and using that as hand wash in hand dispensers in my bathrooms and kitchen. At Christmas I had also bought some special aloe vera and other special festive dish washing liquid they had and they were nice enough to use as hand wash anyway.

For face and body I am still using bar soap and shower wash creme soap. Whatever you can find i guess. No shortage of soaps or detergents in UK. (Thank goodness)

Does anyone know of a good alternative to dish soap? I am almost out, and will try to get some on my desk online grocery order, but not even sure they will have it. I will look online for some possible substitutes, but wonder if anyone has some ideas.
FYI for future reference. I always keep a large bottle of Dr Bronner's pure castile liquid soap on hand for emergencies. It's super concentrated and can be used for a multitude of things!

My guess is that screen is automatic - until they actually get the portal hooked up to a database that allows you to put in the bank account information as promised - Payment Status not available is pretty generic IMO. I haven't found anyone who got a different screen so far.
JMO

It actually makes me feel a little better that I’m not the only one. My son received his today, for which I am thankful as he is waiting on Florida unemployment.

JMO
It told me I am eligible for a stimulus payment.

It actually makes me feel a little better that I’m not the only one. My son received his today, for which I am thankful as he is waiting on Florida unemployment.
That's very good news for your son - I'm hearing Florida unemployment is a complete disaster and better to mail in the applications - how could the State not see this coming when the theme parks, restaurants, leisure activities etc have been shut down (other than pick up/take out for food)? And to say that they will start the check dates when you first applied makes no sense because people have tried to apply for days - how will they handle this part? And it will get worse since more layoffs were announced. FL is a disaster right now IMO.

JMO
I was able to access it at 8 am to input banking information, was surprised it all worked. Now the wait is on

Wisconsin Dairy Co-Op to Donate 45,000 Pounds of Cheese to Food Banks
A Wisconsin-based dairy cooperative is churning out and donating 45,000 pounds of cheese to local food banks in the Midwest.

The facility is turning milk that would otherwise go bad into cheese that will be donated to food banks in the Twin Cities region and throughout the Midwest, KMSP reported.

“Although we cannot control the pandemic or what’s going on today we certainly can try to do our part in contributing to make a difference and that’s what we’re doing,” said Dan Dowling, Burnett Dairy Cooperative CEO and president.

The donations come at a time when the coronavirus is forcing dairy farmers to discard thousands of gallons of milk as schools and restaurants are closing. But Dowling said he never considered discarding the milk as an option.

“We never wanted to dump our patrons’ milk,” said Dowling. “We wanted to convert it into cheese. We want to keep our operations and keep employees employed, we wanted to not impact the farmers whatsoever and that’s what we’re doing.”

The company is using the milk to churn out 45,000 pounds of mozzarella and provolone, but it anticipates the amount of cheese will grow to more than 100,000 pounds over the next few months.

The cooperative is a group effort of 120 family farms and has 300 people on its payroll.

The first charity to receive its shipment of cheese will be Twin Cities Catholic Charities, which will get its shipment on Thursday.

Another Wisconsinite bothered by the milk-dumping has also found a way to give back to the community. Rich Miller, a milk truck driver from Wisconsin battling cancer, launched a fund to give cheese curds to food pantries, KARE reported.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...&utm_content=B

I am beginning to wonder if the dairies and farmers dumping their products were taking the easy and maybe cheaper way out. I hope the government sets up a surplus program so that food doesn't go to waste.

Many of my family members and friends have gotten their stimulus. States are Arkansas and Louisiana, if that makes a difference.

Probably. Ha. No one I know in California has gotten theirs. Nor does any information show for me on that website, either.

Louisiana really needs the help, that's for sure.

Oh, and as to saltwater fishing, that's been shut down in California since March 23 - because the docks and harbors are closed. I don't think anyone wants fish that's been handled by people who could be CV+. In that wet environment, the virus would carry from person to person pretty well.

Don't know about the east coast though - would love to know. I think Alaska still has fishing.

that's good news - did you happen to file a return for 2019? I haven't yet. Trying to figure out what the discrepancy could be.

I'm not the OP, but I just received my 2019 refund via direct deposit. I'm hoping that the unhelpful message I got from the site means the stimulus payment via direct deposit is "in the mail" LOL

"Coronavirus: Labour calls for lockdown exit strategy this week - BBC News" Publish exit strategy this week - Labour

Sir Keir Starmer is the new Leader of the Labour party and HM Government's Opposition Leader. He is pushing for an exit strategy.

"Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer is urging the government to publish an exit strategy from the coronavirus lockdown this week.

The government is expected to announce on Thursday that social distancing measures will continue.

Sir Keir said Labour would back such a move but to maintain public trust "there needs to be transparency".

The government said talking about an exit before the virus had reached its peak risks confusing the public.

The Labour leader has written to Dominic Raab, who is deputising for Prime Minister Boris Johnson while he continues his recovery from coronavirus, to say Labour would support a continuation of the measures.

But, he said, the government needed to set out an exit strategy to maintain trust and to ensure that arrangements are in place for it.

"We've got to have the trust of the public," Sir Keir told BBC Radio 4's Today programme, adding that it was "inevitable that the lockdown will have to continue".

"For that trust there needs to be transparency and openness - they need to know what the thinking is on when lockdown will end." "

Probably. Ha. No one I know in California has gotten theirs. Nor does any information show for me on that website, either.

Louisiana really needs the help, that's for sure.

Oh, and as to saltwater fishing, that's been shut down in California since March 23 - because the docks and harbors are closed. I don't think anyone wants fish that's been handled by people who could be CV+. In that wet environment, the virus would carry from person to person pretty well.

Don't know about the east coast though - would love to know. I think Alaska still has fishing.
We are still freshwater and saltwater fishing here in Texas, while maintaining "Social Distancing.".......moo

Some post have been removed. Move on from the Chris Cuomo/bicyclist discussion.

Also, links and posts downplaying or minimizing significance of this global crisis are irrresponsible and will be removed. Countries worldwide are not involved in some hoax or conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties