Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back today from dropping off stuff and visiting with and checking on my dad who lives alone and he is almost 88. There is all this food over there and I'm like "dad, where did all this food come from?"

And he says the neighbors keep bringing him food and are always worried about how he is doing! He has more food than you could shake a stick at and made me take some of it home!

Well God Bless America! Home of the free and thoughtful!

nf085_.jpg

that's awesome
everyone should be doing that

A truck pulled up next door to see my neighbor as it is his 34th birthday today. The truck was covered with balloons and streamers LOL
However, this is the 5th vehicle today that has been over with all occupants of each vehicle running in and out of the house and all standing around outside together.
No sooner did the balloon decorated vehicle with 5 people in it leave when 2 more trucks pulled up with a few guys in each one who are now all standing around in the driveway. YIKES
Social distancing is not happening next door at all.

duh
like someone needs to tell them

Influential Covid-19 model shouldn't guide U.S. policies, critics say - STAT

Influential Covid-19 model uses flawed methods and should not guide policies, according to critics. All I can say is Oy Vay!!!!

I was going to quote that article earlier in my post about how this "model" has been revised downward multiple times, but wasn't sure Stat is a valid source here. So, if it is, this is what I was going to quote this from your link:

The chief reason the IHME projections worry some experts, Etzioni said, is that “the fact that they overshot” — initially projecting up to 240,000 U.S. deaths, compared with fewer than 70,000 now — “will be used to suggest that the government response prevented an even greater catastrophe, when in fact the predictions were shaky in the first place.”

That could produce misplaced confidence in the effectiveness of the social distancing policies, which in turn could produce complacency about what might be needed to keep the epidemic from blowing up again.

Last edited:
And that is why Dr. Oz should be shunned.

Utterly crass and stupid statement.

Those 2-3% are real people.
I think he is just speaking realistically. No matter what we do, more people will die. It is unavoidable. Even with a nationwide lockdown, more people will die, at some point. It is inevitable.

The question now is, how do we let it play out in the least lethal way. Do we ope up the schools first since the youngest are the least vulnerable to this virus? I think that is a valid question. JMO

And he is only 41. This is such a weird virus. Some people have barely any symptoms and some people have such severe disease.
This is so sad.
My daughter is NICU nurse practitioner who also has a blood clotting disorder, Factor V. She’s had 3 pulmonary embolism at 25 y/o. She believes that his limb amputation is do to being immobile and not Covid-19 and the internal bleeding is usually due to medications used to treat the blood clots.

I would hazard a guess that a lot of these people would not do well put in the conditions my parents and grandparents endured during WW2, especially in England.

What would have been the value of individual rights if exercising those rights put everyone else in danger? What would have been the point in the UK of everyone in a town ensured their blackout curtains were closed during a bombing raid if one individual in town felt the order trampled their personal beliefs?

I'm sure there are a lot of 16 year olds who believe they are old enough to drink. I'm sure some people think it's okay to drive drunk. Maybe some people have a problem separating their belief system from personal selfishness. IMO
Standing ovation, Branmuffin!

The comparison with the blackout curtain is particularly apt because in both scenarios, exercising your “rights” puts not just yourself at risk, but everyone around you.

These people are selfish, plain and simple. And by the behavior seen at some of these protests, not overly bright, either.

This is so sad.
My daughter is NICU nurse practitioner who also has a blood clotting disorder, Factor V. She’s had 3 pulmonary embolism at 25 y/o. She believes that his limb amputation is do to being immobile and not Covid-19 and the internal bleeding is usually due to medications used to treat the blood clots.

I’m so sorry about y0ur daughter, but thank you for her input. I know they try to keep patients moving to avoid blood clots, even if it’s just by mechanical means or compression. One of the articles mentioned that the internal bleeding was caused by the blood thinners, so they had to put him back on them. Such a delicate balance. I hope he makes it.

Standing ovation, Branmuffin!

The comparison with the blackout curtain is particularly apt because in both scenarios, exercising your “rights” puts not just yourself at risk, but everyone around you.

These people are selfish, plain and simple. And by the behavior seen at some of these protests, not overly bright, either.

Yes, standing ovation! Just “liking” is not enough for this “wake up and get real” post by @branmuffin! This battle against coronavirus has been compared to a war, even by the president.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
londontolaw