Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In preparing for the coronavirus, Montana hospital revenue plunges

So, this article is interesting, but also alarming. The hospitals have lost revenue, because they were waiting for Coronavirus cases, that never happened here.

But, the alarming statement in this article, buried with everything else, is "Tourist season starts end of April". So, if Montana opens every thing up, because of our low rate. People from out of state will come here for vacations. And that is what will start the trajectory all over again. 2nd wave, here we come.

And no, I don't believe that people will come here and quarantine themselves for two weeks. They will expose themselves to airport people, hotel staff, on and on.

My local hospital worries me. They laid off a BUNCH of people due to department closures and such. They are bringing in next to nothing in revenue. Last night (or the night before . . . days run on) our health officer said the hospital is a ghost town.

Florida numbers are so off...for this and other reasons. MOO
Florida has two problems....

Fist the positivity rate is 10%.....No state should open above 5%.....this refers to how many people are showing positive tests.
The second problem is they have only test 10.5 per 1000 people as compared to NY 28 per 1000 people....neither of which are adequate.

Testing, testing, testing.....without it is suicide.

The virus will die without hosts.

No plan in sight: Test troubles cloud Trump recovery effort

Attachments

• ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_46_406.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_46_406.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_56_051.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_56_051.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_38_367.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_38_367.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 8
My local hospital worries me. They laid off a BUNCH of people due to department closures and such. They are bringing in next to nothing in revenue. Last night (or the night before . . . days run on) our health officer said the hospital is a ghost town.

Same in Ohio. That is probably why Ohio Governor Mike DeWine is allowing for medical treatment starting May 1st when the state begins to reopen, medical treatment that goes beyond COVID-19 treatment.

I wonder if it is the unneccessary travel, that adds to the burden of risk for police and ambulance, if there were to be a road accident.

Where I am, there's been a camp fire ban, so my family will abide by this.
Hubs had a conniption fit, but I'm fire Marshal 'round here.

Also the covidiots in my neighbourhood are doing the anual Spring laps on their ATV's.
Once around the block, fast,
chew up the road,
before the neighbours phone the Popo.

The same neighbour that took out the bell box last year while doing speed laps in his sports car, totaled the car as well.

Seen a few jet skiers doing a quick run.
And a couple of off duty cops, daily, in a bass boat fishing.

Weather has been on the cold side, so sure to see more traffic, and covidiots, when it starts to hit the double digits.
A balmy 12 C would be nice.
My husband is a paramedic....he is astounded at what people are doing. Every day he is begging those with less serious issues to go to a clinic or doctor instead of the hospital that is full of covid patients. He tells them they might leave with more than they went in for.
In preparing for the coronavirus, Montana hospital revenue plunges

So, this article is interesting, but also alarming. The hospitals have lost revenue, because they were waiting for Coronavirus cases, that never happened here.

But, the alarming statement in this article, buried with everything else, is "Tourist season starts end of April". So, if Montana opens every thing up, because of our low rate. People from out of state will come here for vacations. And that is what will start the trajectory all over again. 2nd wave, here we come.

And no, I don't believe that people will come here and quarantine themselves for two weeks. They will expose themselves to airport people, hotel staff, on and on.
Agreed that Montana has more short term hope. Positivity rate is 4.2 but they haven't tested, barely at all....9.4 per 1000 people as compared to NY at 28 per 1000.

Testing, Testing, Testing.....without it going forward, you have no idea what's going on until it lands in the hospital which is too late.

Attachments

• ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_28_887.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_28_887.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1
It was on a big screen in the car park apparently so they could watch and listen from there cars like a drive in. Personally, if everyone is following social distancing, what are they doing wrong?
I may be wrong, so take this as my opinion only. As I recall, I saw an article about this quite a while ago, so I'm having trouble finding it. I think there were a few problems with the drive-in church. One was that people were not all staying in their cars, but there were photos of people opening windows and leaning out, so not totally social distancing. The second problem was that collection plates were going around carried from one car to the next, and I can't remember if masks and gloves were worn. So, as I said, this is my opinion, but maybe someone can find a link? MOO

My husband is a paramedic....he is astounded at what people are doing. Every day he is begging those with less serious issues to go to a clinic or doctor instead of the hospital that is full of covid patients. He tells them they might leave with more than they went in for.

Agreed that Montana has more short term hope. Positivity rate is 4.2 but they haven't tested, barely at all....9.4 per 1000 people as compared to NY at 28 per 1000.

Testing, Testing, Testing.....without it going forward, you have no idea what's going on until it lands in the hospital which is too late.

BBM. Sadly, in my neck of the woods that's basically impossible. It took me 3 phone messages over 9 days to get a return phone call from my mom's doctor office. Most of our doctor offices and urgent cares closed down so no one with CV19 would walk in. Vicious circle.

Same in Ohio. That is probably why Ohio Governor Mike DeWine is allowing for medical treatment starting May 1st when the state begins to reopen, medical treatment that goes beyond COVID-19 treatment.
Although Ohio has done so much right....YAY....they still need testing.
Their positivity rate is 11.2, double a safe level of 5%, and have only tested 6.4 per 1000 people compared to 28 per 1000 in NY, neither adequate. This is correctly concerning to the Governor and his wonderful Health Director.

Testing, testing, testing.....they know they need it and as proactive as they have been I would bet they are in overdrive trying to get it in place.

Attachments

• ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_46_406.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_46_406.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1
I may be wrong, so take this as my opinion only. As I recall, I saw an article about this quite a while ago, so I'm having trouble finding it. I think there were a few problems with the drive-in church. One was that people were not all staying in their cars, but there were photos of people opening windows and leaning out, so not totally social distancing. The second problem was that collection plates were going around carried from one car to the next, and I can't remember if masks and gloves were worn. So, as I said, this is my opinion, but maybe someone can find a link? MOO
Speaking for myself, support for drive-in churches hinges on the congregation adhering to social distancing guidelines.

Baffling why they would come up with a great idea of drive-in services and then not carry through with social distancing.

jmo

BBM. Sadly, in my neck of the woods that's basically impossible. It took me 3 phone messages over 9 days to get a return phone call from my mom's doctor office. Most of our doctor offices and urgent cares closed down so no one with CV19 would walk in. Vicious circle.
Very very sorry to hear that....

Germany started to open up ICUs to "normal" mode 2 days ago. My best friend is an ICU nurse here in Hannover and she was even forced to take vacation days because the expected Covid19 onslaught didn't happen and a lot of other surgeries and ER visits didn't take place so there was nothing for her to do.

Had not envisaged that but I guess less accidents due to stay at home regs and cancelled operations in readiness for the virus. Would that be why?

Germany started to open up ICUs to "normal" mode 2 days ago. My best friend is an ICU nurse here in Hannover and she was even forced to take vacation days because the expected Covid19 onslaught didn't happen and a lot of other surgeries and ER visits didn't take place so there was nothing for her to do.
This is really interesting to know. It's a hopeful sign IMO.

I do not think anyone's beliefs are irrelevant. ...... We seem to be a diverse and divided country even in this time of Crisis.........That is a sad deal...... Back to my coffee I go........moo

“Irrelevant” was a poor use of words on my part @cody22. My apologies. Of course no one’s beliefs are irrelevant. But there are times when pushing your beliefs in a particular situation isn’t helpful. Oregon will open up. That’s a given. There really is no need to protest unless you are putting your desire for it to open up right away ahead of the governor’s need to do it in a way that takes all Oregonians needs and wants into consideration.

But of course, if someone believes that the stay-at-home orders are unconstitutional, they are going to protest no matter what. And that appears to be what these protests are about. They have a right to protest...and I have a right to criticize them. :) I’m very wary of any governmental figure using a crisis as an excuse to violate the constitution and seize power, but I honestly don’t think that’s what happening in the states with stay-at-home orders. Most have laid out a plan to reopen and I would like to give them a chance to follow through without having to deal with protests that violate the social distancing requirements and endanger others. I hope that clarifies my comment...long-windedly. :) JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dany998