Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like too much personal information is being released.

Why are peoples birth dates important?
I'm fine with it. If I was LE or a First Responder I would want to know who I was dealing with. I would think the 3 pieces of info would concretely identify the right person. I went to school with 3 fellows fairly close in age all with the same name. Yet no relation. I can think of a few others as well.

I have a friend right now, her father is dying of cancer in a nursing home, and they won't let her in to see him. She can't even get him released. I am not sure what is going on, but there is a problem when you can't visit your dying father. They won't let her in, even with a negative COVID19 test, mask...it is terrible.

We contacted a hospice, recommended by someone I knew. That changed everything. They provided a different attending physician (where I live, every nursing home patient has to have an MD listed as their doctor - this has many ramification; one doctor is the "attending" for all of the patients - unless the family contacts a hospice or makes other provisions).

SO, new (hospice doctor) and a 24 hour hospice nurse, not employed by the nursing home. There were struggles. Doctor had standing orders that the nursing home was supposed to fulfill - when they didn't do it (a handful of very young workers, working in the middle of the night) then the nurse from the hospice would come as soon as possible and inject or handle the situation himself. The daytime nurses were pretty good and Dan knew one of the night time nurses. So we got to visit, got to manage his hour by hour care, etc.

I can't imagine being kept out.

Spent 3 days on my little boat in San Diego. Self quarantining with the harbor.
There are nearly a thousand boats in my Marina, as well as another 3,000. Or so other boats in the surrounding area.
Weird to see no boats going out (I love watching the ships go by). Only ones on the water were the navy and coast guard.
I took a short drive to see the other marina's parking lots. They were busy. Lots of cars. Which means lots of people staying on their boats.
On my dock, we had about 20% occupancy, though some of them already live on their boats year round.
Everyone not on their boats was wearing a mask when out and about.
From my view point, I can see downtown San Diego.
Their was a huge cruise ship docked in San Diego the entire time I was there.
I don't know what the story is with that liner.
San Diego opened the bike paths, surfing and kayaking this week.
That has made many people happy.
I never drove into downtown San Diego, but I'll bet, that would have been interesting. Probably sad.
It was sad to see the Hilton Hotel next to me closed up. Not one car.
How we're all going to recover from this, is beyond my imagination.

I have a friend right now, her father is dying of cancer in a nursing home, and they won't let her in to see him. She can't even get him released. I am not sure what is going on, but there is a problem when you can't visit your dying father. They won't let her in, even with a negative COVID19 test, mask...it is terrible.
That is so sad. :(
I guess it's a liability issue.

The US Capitol’s attending physician said Thursday that coronavirus tests will be available for staffers and senators who are ill, but not enough to proactively test all 100 senators as the chamber comes back in session, according to two people familiar with the matter.

In a conference call with top GOP officials, Dr. Brian Monahan said there is not sufficient capacity to quickly test senators for coronavirus — a contrast with the White House, where any people meeting with President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence are tested for the disease.

Monahan said test results in the Senate will take two or more days, while the White House has rapid testing.

The Senate is scheduled to reconvene on Monday after more than a month away, bringing as many as 100 senators from across the country. Roughly half the senators are 65 or older and at increased risk for the coronavirus, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

More at link...

Capitol physician says Senate lacks capacity to test all senators

The US Capitol’s attending physician said Thursday that coronavirus tests will be available for staffers and senators who are ill, but not enough to proactively test all 100 senators as the chamber comes back in session, according to two people familiar with the matter.

In a conference call with top GOP officials, Dr. Brian Monahan said there is not sufficient capacity to quickly test senators for coronavirus — a contrast with the White House, where any people meeting with President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence are tested for the disease.

Monahan said test results in the Senate will take two or more days, while the White House has rapid testing.

The Senate is scheduled to reconvene on Monday after more than a month away, bringing as many as 100 senators from across the country. Roughly half the senators are 65 or older and at increased risk for the coronavirus, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

More at link...

Capitol physician says Senate lacks capacity to test all senators

Wow, I can't believe we've come to this.

Pausing for a happy moment in this sad scary world of Coronavirus.
Anderson Cooper is a brand new daddy to 3 day old,
Wyatt Morgan Cooper!
I'll look and see if there is a thread.
20200430_215716.jpg
I made a thread in Celebrity news.
Moo

Last edited:
If you look at some of the pictures in the other news articles about the incident in the legislative chamber - you see people in red coats.
————————-
Longtime sergeant-at-arms, who was 'ever present but hardly noticed,' retires after 21 years with Nebraska Legislature

“At the Capitol they’re known as the “red coats” because of the scarlet sports coats they wear. They’re the folks, mostly retirees — and, under Witkowski, mostly retirees with law enforcement backgrounds — who run messages from lobbyists to lawmakers, make sure that lawmakers follow proper decorum — such as remaining in their seats during the final reading of a bill — and generally maintain order.”
————————-
One major duty is to make sure visitors to the Capitol don’t inadvertently, or advertently, wander into the legislative chamber.

I'm fine with it. If I was LE or a First Responder I would want to know who I was dealing with. I would think the 3 pieces of info would concretely identify the right person. I went to school with 3 fellows fairly close in age all with the same name. Yet no relation. I can think of a few others as well.
So how does this work?

Does LE run surveillance operations on positive people? Or do they do random ID checks on people outside of their homes?

So how does this work?

Does LE run surveillance operations on positive people? Or do they do random ID checks on people outside of their homes?
No they don't do surveillance but they may do an occasional drive by to make sure your not having a porch or driveway party. The 2 positive cases were nailed out and about when an observer called in to a tip line.

Six weeks paid isn’t too bad -good for Costco imo ( and your DH). Does side job mean part time? Even better to get that. Part timers tend to get short changed. My DH was told three weeks with pay /not having to use his own earned time first. But this was way back when this was just starting. Not sure if they’d be willing to extend that now. The three weeks is more than many people are given.
It sucks with both of us ~out there~ ups our odds of bringing it home. And if one gets sick the other will have to stay home and use whatever time Off also.
I’ve recently officially changed my motto from “could be worse” to “ better than nothing”;)

My husband has a side job at Costco, he works the door. When this first started he used his vacation time and sick days to stay home.

When he returned, they added extra bucks to his pay. Then his supervisor told him they are paying employees to stay home. He made the cut-off, age 65 and older. Time frame so far is 6 weeks full pay. I am not sure if they will extend this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member