Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the document. It is from FEMA
Not true.

Internal FEMA document projects spike in daily coronavirus death toll, but data questioned

In a statement, White House deputy press secretary Judd Deere stressed that the document is not from the White House, and that it hasn't been presented to the Coronavirus Task Force.

“This is not a White House document nor has it been presented to the Coronavirus Task Force or gone through interagency vetting,” Deere said in a statement. “This data is not reflective of any of the modeling done by the task force or data that the task force has analyzed.”

snip

While such projections are sure to raise concerns about plans – at the national and state level – to begin reopening parts of the economy, sources said the modeling behind these projections does not take into account mitigation guidelines during that phased reopening. Further, they noted the data in the report is out of line with other projections.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...f7319f4a55fd0ce5dc9/optimized/full.pdf#page=1
Here is the document (from the NYT site) for anyone interested in examining it for themselves. It is an HHS/FEMA /CDC doc, so it wouldn't be a White House doc - not sure what the Deputy Press Secretary is trying to say there, since they aren't scientists at the WH, as far as I know.

Dr. Birx has seen it, according the article posted. "Dr. Deborah Birx, the response coordinator for the White House task force, has seen the document even though it has not officially been presented to the full task force."

So it did not come out of nowhere, and is not necessarily untrue. We'll have to wait for more info to decide. Respectfully, and JMO.

BREAKING: Supreme Court livestreams its first-ever telephonic oral argument, a high-stakes endeavor prompted by the historic disruption to court operations during the coronavirus pandemic.

Millions of home bound Americans are for the first time experiencing the nine justices together at work—a virtual civics lesson on an entire branch of U.S. government that conducts most of its work out of the public eye. Listen live:

ABC News Politics on Twitter

ABC News Politics @ABCPolitics

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...f7319f4a55fd0ce5dc9/optimized/full.pdf#page=1
Here is the document (from the NYT site) for anyone interested in examining it for themselves. It is an HHS/FEMA /CDC doc, so it wouldn't be a White House doc - not sure what the Deputy Press Secretary is trying to say there, since they aren't scientists at the WH, as far as I know.

Dr. Birx has seen it, according the article posted. "Dr. Deborah Birx, the response coordinator for the White House task force, has seen the document even though it has not officially been presented to the full task force."

So it did not come out of nowhere, and is not necessarily untrue. We'll have to wait for more info to decide. Respectfully, and JMO.
Looks like a joint document of Homeland Security, CDC and Fema. CDC emblems on some of the pages...

Somebody is gonna be madddddd....

Last edited:
Coronavirus Live Updates: Daily Death Toll Will Nearly Double by June, Trump Administration Models Predict

They did not treat patients, but Wayne Edwards, Derik Braswell and Priscilla Carrow held some of the most vital jobs at Elmhurst Hospital Center in Queens.

As the virus tore through the neighborhood, their department managed the masks, gloves and other protective gear inside Elmhurst, a public hospital at the center of the city’s outbreak. They ordered the inventory, replenished the stockroom and handed out supplies, keeping count as the number of available masks began to dwindle.

By April 12, they were all dead.

The pandemic has taken an undisputed toll on doctors, nurses and other front-line health care workers. But it has also ravaged the often-invisible army of nonmedical workers in hospitals, many of whom have fallen ill or died with little public recognition of their roles.

You know how people clap for health workers at 7 o’clock? It’s mainly for the nurses and doctors. I get it. But people are not seeing the other parts of the hospital,” said Eneida Becote, whose husband died last month after working for two decades as a patient transporter. “I feel like those other employees are not focused upon as much.”

BBM

Exclusive: Internal Chinese report warns Beijing faces Tiananmen-like global backlash over virus

BEIJING (Reuters) - An internal Chinese report warns that Beijing faces a rising wave of hostility in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak that could tip relations with the United States into confrontation, people familiar with the paper told Reuters.

The report, presented early last month by the Ministry of State Security to top Beijing leaders including President Xi Jinping, concluded that global anti-China sentiment is at its highest since the 1989 Tiananmen Square crackdown, the sources said.

As a result, Beijing faces a wave of anti-China sentiment led by the United States in the aftermath of the pandemic and needs to be prepared in a worst-case scenario for armed confrontation between the two global powers, according to people familiar with the report’s content, who declined to be identified given the sensitivity of the matter.
Uh, I hope we have figured out how to get our necessities, like certain medications, elsewhere before we get too nasty with them.

Tennessee confirmed virus cases jump 36% in one week
"Tennessee has seen a 36% jump in new coronavirus cases in the past week.

Health officials on Sunday reported 516 new coronavirus cases, pushing Tennessee’s total to at least 13,177. A week ago Sunday, the state had at least 9,667 confirmed cases."

However, that increase apparently isn't high enough - as TN is opening hair salons and barbershops this Wed. Just sitting here shaking my head, wondering if all my logic is totally backwards. After all, we should be able to look to our elected officials to lead, shouldn't we? What am I missing?

Uh, I hope we have figured out how to get our necessities, like certain medications, elsewhere before we get too nasty with them.
We'd be better to start stocking up some goods made in China. Which is almost everything. We need a new computer in the near future, so will order one from Costco today.

I looked at it and it was a projected figure. It is clear that the actual figures are below it ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member