Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
California unemployment is more than 20%, governor says

Newsom said unemployment numbers are lagging and warned, “Let me reassure you, those numbers underestimate the rate in this country.”

Paying for unemployment: The governor said he will present a balanced budget next week, as is constitutionally required. Newsom is projecting tens of billions of revenue shortfall, when that revised budget is released on May 14.

Once again, Newsom cried out for the help of the federal government.

“We cannot do justice to the 40 million Americans – in this state that need us now more than ever without the support of the federal government, period," he said.

On Monday, Newsom said the state will need to borrow funds from the federal government to pay unemployment claims.

Ohio is in the same boat, needs to borrow from the federal government to pay unemployment claims.

That's super! Refresh my mind, what day did you get the test done? I'm curious to see how we are doing with test backlogs.
Now, you be careful going to work out there, ok? Maybe you better carry a hockey stick.
I will and thanks. I will have PPE and can maintain distance. I was tested Wednesday at 12:30 and got my results as you know this morning.

Coronavirus cases in Indiana rise as counties plan for phased reopening

Indiana has 675 new positive coronavirus cases, bringing the statewide total to 23,146.

There were 33 new confirmed deaths announced today for a total of 1,328, plus 119 total suspected but unconfirmed deaths.

Intensive care unit and ventilator capacity is holding steady in the state.

South Korea tracks new coronavirus outbreak in Seoul nightclubs | The Japan Times
The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said on Friday at least 15 people have confirmed cases of the virus linked to the clubs in Itaewon, a neighborhood popular with Koreans and foreigners in the city.
Seoul city officials say they have a list of about 1,500 people who have visited the clubs, and more cases have been confirmed in other cities where the patients lived or traveled. Authorities have asked anyone who visited the clubs over the weekend to self isolate for 14 days and be tested.

The cluster of infections also raised controversy over the possible unintended side effects of South Korea’s invasive tracing and wide public disclosure of some patient information.

When several local media outlets identified the nightclubs as “gay clubs,” it sparked criticism the disclosures and media coverage could out lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) individuals against their will or lead to discrimination.

The agency has created “Facetouchers” for The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). Available via Snap Camera, it aims to raise awareness of the fact that the average person touches their face once every 2.6 minutes and to prompt behavior change.

The filter, which works on Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype and Google Meet, will prompt you every time touch your face, with pop up messages reading: “I touched my face,” “And here,” “Oops again,” “Must. Stop. Touching.” and “Please stop me.”

“Not touching your face isn’t a novel health warning. But it’s not issued as loudly as ‘stay at home,’ ‘keep your distance’ and ‘wash your hands,’” the agency said.
This New Snap Filter Will Alert You When You Touch Your Face

US Prevents UN Security Council Vote On Pandemic Resolution

The United States on Friday prevented a vote in the UN Security Council on a resolution on the coronavirus pandemic, apparently because it made implicit mention of the World Health Organization, diplomats said.

The text, under negotiation since March, called for a worldwide cessation of hostilities in conflict zones so governments can address the pandemic.

The US blocked a procedure that would have led to a vote on the resolution, the diplomats said.

The agency has created “Facetouchers” for The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). Available via Snap Camera, it aims to raise awareness of the fact that the average person touches their face once every 2.6 minutes and to prompt behavior change.

The filter, which works on Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype and Google Meet, will prompt you every time touch your face, with pop up messages reading: “I touched my face,” “And here,” “Oops again,” “Must. Stop. Touching.” and “Please stop me.”

“Not touching your face isn’t a novel health warning. But it’s not issued as loudly as ‘stay at home,’ ‘keep your distance’ and ‘wash your hands,’” the agency said.
OMG you all. I fear I may lose my sanity even if I survive this pandemic.

As you've said all along, since you have no PEC, your chances of dying from CoVid are extremely small. You might as well go fishing with a metal pole on a big flat lake in a thunderstorm. I think the Massachusetts data are definitely applicable (proportionately) to many other places - that's great data. But of course, your government has MIT and Harvard and Boston University and...well, a lot of experts to help design these dashboards.

As an aside, Massachusetts is doing a great job with containing CoVid, given the higher population density than in the West and its nearness to New York etc. We're keeping a list of states we might visit when this is over, since it'll be at least 2 years before Europe is safe to return to. Massachusetts is definitely on our list, we've been taking walking tours of Boston.

As you note, I already knew my risk. I put the numbers up since it might reduce the fear in some people when they look at their numbers. I may be wrong, but my impression of pretty much everyone is that they overestimate their risk. and worry is unhealthy in times like this.

I can't tell if Massachusetts is doing well or not. Pretty good compliance but the death numbers jumped yesterday and today. I guess I bought into the models that saw the state already out of the crisis by now.

Boston is a great place to visit. I might also recommend the drive up the coast to Maine. Never gets old.

They gotta find me first to bug me .......moo

US Prevents UN Security Council Vote On Pandemic Resolution

The United States on Friday prevented a vote in the UN Security Council on a resolution on the coronavirus pandemic, apparently because it made implicit mention of the World Health Organization, diplomats said.

The text, under negotiation since March, called for a worldwide cessation of hostilities in conflict zones so governments can address the pandemic.

The US blocked a procedure that would have led to a vote on the resolution, the diplomats said.

:(

Health Unit just called and my Covid test was negative as I felt it would. So I can go back to work next Thursday for my minimal hrs. It was required of me to have one since I have not worked since March 26th. Which seems like a lifetime ago. I'm looking forward as I miss my "people" and most of the staff. Key word most lol.

YAY. It'll seem really weird at first, but at least you know that your co-workers do not have active CoVid. Will you wear a face shield or similar?

YAY. It'll seem really weird at first, but at least you know that your co-workers do not have active CoVid. Will you wear a face shield or similar?
Surgical mask and googles. I have access to N95 of course but with being able to maintain distance I will go with surgical. Thank you for asking.

Tennessee providing virus patient info to first responders

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The names and addresses of Tennesseans who have tested positive for COVID-19 are being provided to first responders, law enforcement and paramedics under a state agreement deemed necessary to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

The agreement was finalized on April 3 between Tennessee’s Department of Health and the state’s Emergency Communications Board, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.

“Health is disclosing to TECB a list of names and addresses of individuals documented as having tested positive, or received treatment, for COVID-19,” the agreement states. “Health intends to update this list daily; after 30 days on the list, an individual’s name and address will roll off of this list.

here in TN

Tennessee providing virus patient info to first responders

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The names and addresses of Tennesseans who have tested positive for COVID-19 are being provided to first responders, law enforcement and paramedics under a state agreement deemed necessary to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

The agreement was finalized on April 3 between Tennessee’s Department of Health and the state’s Emergency Communications Board, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.

“Health is disclosing to TECB a list of names and addresses of individuals documented as having tested positive, or received treatment, for COVID-19,” the agreement states. “Health intends to update this list daily; after 30 days on the list, an individual’s name and address will roll off of this list.

here in TN

First you get sick and then the State puts you on a LE list......OK..... :rolleyes:......moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha