Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
State F

County D

Bad grading, they hate everyone. Faulty reasoning, distance travelled? If I work, I go 50 miles miles in a car, near no one, and sit isolated in an office with 8 people on a big floor. So, what that I travelled 50 miles. That makes it a bad grade?
So far, the highest County grade reported here is a C-............We WS posters may be in real trouble before long...........moo

Health Unit just called and my Covid test was negative as I felt it would. So I can go back to work next Thursday for my minimal hrs. It was required of me to have one since I have not worked since March 26th. Which seems like a lifetime ago. I'm looking forward as I miss my "people" and most of the staff. Key word most lol.
I am so happy you are able to go back to work @Bravo Yay!!!!

View attachment 246140
If those results were to hold, tens or even hundreds of millions of unimmunized Americans could ultimately undermine any vaccine’s ability to stop the spread of the virus.

Given that other polls have shown 84 percent of Americans believe it’s either extremely or very important that parents vaccinate their children, it’s possible — even likely — that many holdouts will change their minds once a COVID-19 inoculation is shown to be safe and effective.
View attachment 246141
New Yahoo News/YouGov coronavirus poll: Almost 1 in 5 say they won't get vaccinated

Well - yes, but the virus would mostly or entirely spread among the unvaccinated - they will have made a decision to get CV-19.

For the rest of us, it seems likely that the vaccine will not provide 100% protection, but it will be close. One thing that it's predicted to do is to decrease severity in the few people who still get it. That's simply not as unlikely as it sounds, since we know that most people have either no symptoms or mild symptoms.

People don't understand vaccines, sadly. I do think people will change their minds once those of us who have the vaccines live to tell about it. At any rate, it will take some meditation and work on my part to deal with people who refuse to have vaccines.

Good luck to the unvaccinated because once the vaccine is widely available, the economy can open and the rest of us can go safely about the world.

While Oxford is making great progress and UK has secured a manufacturing partner in India for when the vaccine is through testing, their plan is to make about 20-40 million doses in the next year - enough for UK adults.

The vaccine that's furthest along is from SinoVac, in China. They plan 100 million doses within a year - so not enough even for China.

For those of us in the US, our researcher/manufacturer is Pfizer, which intends "millions" of doses by December/January - not nearly enough for 330 million Americans.

So most people reading here won't be getting that vaccine until sometime in 2021, if then - unless some governmental agency devotes resources to scaling up production in the U.S. I can't even imagine how they'll make decisions about who gets the "millions" that Pfizer is supposed to have available in the upcoming winter. Military? White House and Congress? Doctors and nurses? Essential workers next? Hotspots?

At any rate, I guess I'm resigning myself to not even having the opportunity for a vaccine before I age another couple of years. Fortunately, standard of care will surely improve.

End of the beginning for COVID-19 vaccines

^Article shows timelines for testing and production - there's a fourth one I didn't mention, another one in China with scant data on when it might have a vaccine ready.

Health Unit just called and my Covid test was negative as I felt it would. So I can go back to work next Thursday for my minimal hrs. It was required of me to have one since I have not worked since March 26th. Which seems like a lifetime ago. I'm looking forward as I miss my "people" and most of the staff. Key word most lol.

awesome!

We are living in a science fiction movie now.

Tennessee providing virus patient info to first responders

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The names and addresses of Tennesseans who have tested positive for COVID-19 are being provided to first responders, law enforcement and paramedics under a state agreement deemed necessary to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

The agreement was finalized on April 3 between Tennessee’s Department of Health and the state’s Emergency Communications Board, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.

“Health is disclosing to TECB a list of names and addresses of individuals documented as having tested positive, or received treatment, for COVID-19,” the agreement states. “Health intends to update this list daily; after 30 days on the list, an individual’s name and address will roll off of this list.

here in TN

Here is California they're talking about positive people that live with others in a home with only 1 bathroom, being made to leave their homes and go elsewhere where they wouldn't share a bathroom.
We have more then 1 bathroom, but, if they showed up at my door to remove me, I would not answer the door. Just saying...
I too have more than one bathroom, and a big back yard...... Note to self - Consider turning outdoor workshop building into an outhouse......moo

Got my test results back early this afternoon--NEG. That was fast, and I live in a small rural area in VA. Now, what is going on with me? Though I don't have the cough or breathing issues, I have several of the other symptoms and they came on so quickly. Like a virus does. My Dr. says I still need to isolate 10 days from the start of the symptoms, then 3 days symptom-free.

As you note, I already knew my risk. I put the numbers up since it might reduce the fear in some people when they look at their numbers. I may be wrong, but my impression of pretty much everyone is that they overestimate their risk. and worry is unhealthy in times like this.

I can't tell if Massachusetts is doing well or not. Pretty good compliance but the death numbers jumped yesterday and today. I guess I bought into the models that saw the state already out of the crisis by now.

Boston is a great place to visit. I might also recommend the drive up the coast to Maine. Never gets old.

Doing that drive is a dream of mine. I've only ever been to New York and New Jersey - Massachusetts if next.

While my risk of death is a bit higher than yours, I'm still planning to travel if possible within the next 18 months - probably California first, then if things are looking good, a plane ride to the East Coast. I don't think I'll feel okay with a Transatlantic flight to Europe until after that.

Of course, I'll be inching closer to 70 throughout these events, which is why I wouldn't want to be on the opposite side of the planet if I get sick (and not just CoVid but anything else infectious - viruses are always a risk of travel). Being sick during a fairly expensive vacation doesn't sound like fun.

Older article but still applies to incoming air travel and they have your personal information.

Travelers caught disobeying the Texas self-quarantine order could face jail time

Tyler woman describes enforcement of travel-related quarantine order

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update | Southwest Airlines

“Anyone traveling through/from
  • California (Burbank, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Oakland, Ontario, Orange County, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, and San Jose)
  • Connecticut (Hartford)
  • Georgia (Atlanta)
  • Illinois (Chicago - Midway)
  • Michigan (Detroit and Grand Rapids)
  • New Jersey
  • New York (Albany, Buffalo/Niagara, Long Island/Islip, New York - LaGuardia, and Rochester)
  • Washington (Seattle/Tacoma and Spokane)
to any of our Texas destinations will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days and complete this form from the Texas Department of Public Safety upon arrival. Travelers may complete the form electronically and show their confirmation email, along with a valid driver's license/ID card or passport, to a DPS Trooper upon disembarking the plane. This is effective March 28 until further notification is received from the Governor of Texas’ website.”

TxDPS - COVID-19 Travel Information

https://www.dps.texas.gov/covidtravel/TravelFormForArrivals.pdf

Older article but still applies to incoming air travel.

Travelers caught disobeying the Texas self-quarantine order could face jail time

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update | Southwest Airlines

“Anyone traveling through/from
  • California (Burbank, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Oakland, Ontario, Orange County, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, and San Jose)
  • Connecticut (Hartford)
  • Georgia (Atlanta)
  • Illinois (Chicago - Midway)
  • Michigan (Detroit and Grand Rapids)
  • New Jersey
  • New York (Albany, Buffalo/Niagara, Long Island/Islip, New York - LaGuardia, and Rochester)
  • Washington (Seattle/Tacoma and Spokane)
to any of our Texas destinations will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days and complete this form from the Texas Department of Public Safety upon arrival. Travelers may complete the form electronically and show their confirmation email, along with a valid driver's license/ID card or passport, to a DPS Trooper upon disembarking the plane. This is effective March 28 until further notification is received from the Governor of Texas’ website.”

TxDPS - COVID-19 Travel Information

https://www.dps.texas.gov/covidtravel/TravelFormForArrivals.pdf
God Bless Texas......moo

Hadn't thought about this, but I think the birthday candle industry will be another one to change forever:

96244841_2659615350955009_5670741145924141056_n.jpg

Here is California they're talking about positive people that live with others in a home with only 1 bathroom, being made to leave their homes and go elsewhere where they wouldn't share a bathroom.
We have more then 1 bathroom, but, if they showed up at my door to remove me, I would not answer the door. Just saying...
I temporarily disconnected doorbells. Have sign over door bell that reads: "Can Not Come to Door Now. Feel Free to Phone".

Got my test results back early this afternoon--NEG. That was fast, and I live in a small rural area in VA. Now, what is going on with me? Though I don't have the cough or breathing issues, I have several of the other symptoms and they came on so quickly. Like a virus does. My Dr. says I still need to isolate 10 days from the start of the symptoms, then 3 days symptom-free.
Such good news. It wont be weighing on you now.Take care of yourself.

US Prevents UN Security Council Vote On Pandemic Resolution

The United States on Friday prevented a vote in the UN Security Council on a resolution on the coronavirus pandemic, apparently because it made implicit mention of the World Health Organization, diplomats said.

The text, under negotiation since March, called for a worldwide cessation of hostilities in conflict zones so governments can address the pandemic.

The US blocked a procedure that would have led to a vote on the resolution, the diplomats said.

The US blocked that?? What on earth? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member