Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go you! I so want to do that! My new gray hair is wild and won't behave no matter what I do.
My son is supposed to be having his wedding in September. (We'll see)
I have to d I a mother son dance with him! I need a wig!!!
This hair... ugh!
Moo
I have several cowlicks, so there are weird bits going this way and that, but I have to admit- it does feel so good and honestly, I don't have much vanity left in me these days ;)
You can always start out by going shorter, then shorter beyond that, to get a feel as to how you might like it. Hair always grows and hats can come in handy, too! It's not like I've been going out to restaurants, parties, or shopping lately, lol.

I have several cowlicks, so there are weird bits going this way and that, but I have to admit- it does feel so good and honestly, I don't have much vanity left in me these days ;)
You can always start out by going shorter, then shorter beyond that, to get a feel as to how you might like it. Hair always grows and hats can come in handy, too! It's not like I've been going out to restaurants, parties, or shopping lately, lol.
The wedding is supposed to be September 19th.
I'm afraid it will only happen for them. I'm ok with that, they will be crushed.
I don't have enough time to grow hair back, but... in September...
I will!
moo
Moo

'They played Russian roulette with our lives': Cruise ship passengers to sue

Cameron Houston
7 hrs ago
Passengers on the ill-fated Greg Mortimer cruise ship that set sail for Antarctica four days after the coronavirus was declared a pandemic are poised to launch a class action after 128 people on board became infected.

Sydney-based Aurora Expeditions has been accused in a statement of claim of endangering the safety of 217 people by allowing the vessel to leave Argentina on March 15, despite repeated warnings from health officials about the heightened risk of infection on cruise ships.

The company also faces allegations it pressured the ship's medical officer to understate the extent of the outbreak to authorities in Uruguay.

Cruise companies accused of refusing to let stranded crew disembark due to cost

I don't really understand why these ships have not gone to the counties where they are registered to disembark the crew members. Or, actually gone to drop off the crew members in their own countries. Oil is certainly cheap enough now.

Bahamas, Mexico, why not just take the citizens back to their home port? Or at least take the ships to the country of registry. Or the country that their company is incorporated in, Bermuda for Princess, is one. Why isn't Bermuda doing anything?

I guess that the plan was that if there were any actual problems, to just congregate all of the ships in U.S. waters...and make it our fault.

But, that's by county. Just about every state is doing it by county. I want something more specific - zip codes, at least.
My county in Texas is doing it by zip code and is very specific about the progress of each person. They include the date, sex, age range, transmission and status of recovery. They even include people under investigation.
Confirmed Cases | Public Health District

Coronavirus up to 100 times more infectious through eyes, airways than SARS: report

“We culture tissues from the human respiratory tract and eyes in the laboratory and applied them to study the SARS-Cov-2, comparing it with SARS and H5N1. We found that SARS-Cov-2 is much more efficient in infecting the human conjunctiva and the upper respiratory airways than SARS with virus level some 80 to 100 times higher,” Chan told the outlet. “This explains the higher transmissibility of COVID-19 than that of SARS. This study also highlights the fact that eyes may be an important route of SARS-CoV-2 human infection."
I remember thinking about that, the eyes as a possible transmission point, a month ago. I felt that because I get eye issues when I get a bad cold or flu. And I have learned that it is a vulnerable part of your body.

So I am religiously wearing huge 'eye covering' sun glasses that wrap around the top of my head, every time I go out. And I wear a bright yellow pair inside stores, made to wear indoors.

51etFn68XML.jpg_SR247,139__BG0,0,0_.jpg

I am feeling very hopeless tonight. I'm having the feeling that this virus will never end.....
@Squinchy Yes, it will end! Please try and get a good night’s sleep and you will feel better in the morning. Also try not to read every doom and gloom click bait report. Many “experts” don’t know what they are talking about and the news will print anything anyone tells them.

Try to put it in perspective. Do you personally know anyone with the virus? I don’t, and I live in Texas, with a doomed F rating lol.

I am feeling very hopeless tonight. I'm having the feeling that this virus will never end.....

I have had a day now and then where it does feel helpless for the entire day. I wake up the next morning and wonder what was wrong with me to feel so negative. Thing is to enjoy each day that you have for now. Do something new - just for fun.

I got new toys today - find a creative outlet

upload_2020-5-10_1-5-13.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members