Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. I had kids distant visit. I'm seriously considering buying a hazmat suit so I can do some hugs.

What do you all think about RV traveling this summer? I feel like there would be a lot of plusses. No public restrooms or restaurants etc.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. I had kids distant visit. I'm seriously considering buying a hazmat suit so I can do some hugs.

What do you all think about RV traveling this summer? I feel like there would be a lot of plusses. No public restrooms or restaurants etc.

If no public restrooms and no hotels or community showers, go for it. Sounds like fun. Didn't Trino just take an RV trip to MN???

If no public restrooms and no hotels or community showers, go for it. Sounds like fun. Didn't Trino just take an RV trip to MN???

I have been away from WS for a bit. I missed Trino's adventure. Would love to hear about it.

As a small business owner who had to be closed for Mother's Day, one of our most profitable days of the year.
I understand.
However, it appears that the owner was not only open, but acting like Covit-19 doesn't even exist. Putting everyone at risk.
Not okay, IMO
Some of these people could literally end up dying for a cup of coffee.

Depends on where you're going. Lots of RV parks closed on the West Coast. Gas stations would be your own challenge and I think a person would get that down pretty quickly. We've talked about it, but we're really tent people. We'd be facing the restroom issues with the tent though. So, I think an RV is safer than a tent.

There's no where we can go, though. All National Park and National Forest Campgrounds are closed. BLM land is not that appealing to us. All California State Parks are closed.

Some big commercial parks are open, though.

I'm with you on the hazmat suit (I'm just joking - but my daughter and I are talking about mask/face shield situations for a quick visit with hugs - not quite ready for that yet).

Hopefully they will. Like I said, this just happened today.

I do believe he was cited, but no one is going to jail in Fresno County on a non-violent infraction of that type - they'll probably just fine him. Looks like they had the desired result and the restaurant didn't open.

Almost nothing is without risk. There’s a risk when crossing the street or getting in a car. The chance of catching the virus in open air while passing someone is minimal. That’s why contact tracers are looking for people that have been in close contact... ≤ 6 ft and > 15 minutes (in Louisiana).

Stress adds risk. It lowers your immune system. Don’t worry about things that are beyond your control, like others not wearing a mask. IMO

I do believe he was cited, but no one is going to jail in Fresno County on a non-violent infraction of that type - they'll probably just fine him. Looks like they had the desired result and the restaurant didn't open.
What about the customers? Were they fined?

Yes, I dont understand why the State feels they have reason for people to enter the tribal lands if the tribe wants to quarantine themselves. What business to non-natives have that requires them to be on tribal land?

From the link in the OP. It's interfering with travel on non-tribal roadways I guess.

Noem said. "I request that the tribes immediately cease interfering with or regulating traffic on US and State Highways and remove all travel checkpoints."

Hopefully they will. Like I said, this just happened today.

Nothing is going to happen to any of these places. That's what we teach in this country. Try to get away with something, even though it might be wrong or illegal, and perhaps you'll just get away with it. In fact, it's likely you'll get away with it, certainly in the short term.

I learned that the barber my father went to, is the shop in the CA news lately, for having opened against Governor Newsom's orders. Nothing has happened to them, and they're getting all these 5 Star Reviews from customers to support their position. Will someone get infected? Who knows? There's so much secrecy going on, that it may happen, and it will never be publicized.

If you're not cheating, you're not trying. Ask the TX salon owner who got her photo op cutting ted cruz's hair.

I live on the 8th floor of an 11 story building. We have 2 elevators and only 2 people are allowed on the elevator at a time. We all wear masks and are very careful. Some of us are in the vulnerable age group. A man on my floor passed away and we cannot find out what he died from. He was elderly and not found right away. Needlessly to say, it is a very stressful situation here. He had not seemed sick a week or so before. Neither our Association or building management have told us anything.

I am in Louisiana and our parish has been hard hit. Our first case of Covid-19 actually came into our parish from another one. Then it just seemed to snowball. We are still on lockdown here and do not know when that will be lifted. I've only been out once and that was to go to the grocery to pick up groceries that I'd ordered online.

Family is spread over different states and we are all over 60, but fortunately none of us have gotten sick with this virus.

I live alone and it is just like groundhog day! If I didn't have my phone and my computer I would be stark raving crazy by now. How are others living alone coping?
I appreciate all posting about how it is in your area. I would have never thought we would be going through something like this!

I’m from Acadiana area. I believe LA. Gov. will be making an announcement tomorrow afternoon. I can’t imagine shopping in stores or eating in a restaurant again. We now attend a virtual mass in Sundays.
I can’t imagine living alone during these challenging times.
Our area thankfully hasn’t been hit hard like New Orleans. My husband and I are retired but live a couple of houses down from our daughter, her husband and 3 small boys. They are the only people we are in close contact because my daughter is a NICU NP and her husband is an ER nurse at a small rural hospital. I can not imagine what I would do if I didn’t have my family nearby. We are homebodies and do grocery pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member