Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"In a press release published just a day after AiRISTA Flow’s, Boston-based Redpoint Positioning Corporation, another player in the business of tracking workers and inanimate objects, announced that it was taking its own “cutting-edge technology … already used by leading companies worldwide in third-party logistics, auto manufacturing, mine operation” and repackaging it for social distancing.

Like AiRISTA, Redpoint offers companies the ability to “tag” their equipment and employees using ultra-wideband radio signals, a wireless positioning technology only recently added to the most advanced iPhones. Redpoint boasted in the announcement of its ability to use these tags to “track the location of people and equipment with extremely high accuracy, even in complex industrial environments,” now with a coronavirus-specific augmentation: “If social distancing parameters, such as a 1- or 2-meter radius, are violated between workers, the tag alarm will alert them to the hazard.”

The company will also collect a history of employee interactions: “If an infection does occur, historical data from the system will allow for highly accurate contact tracing, as records can show the individuals who were near the infected party.”

Coronavirus Bracelets Are Ready to Snitch on Workers

Indiana, US

You guys, look!

Yes I KNOW more likely to be added in the days to come. But don't burst my bubble.

8 new deaths. EIGHT!

ISDH - Novel Coronavirus: Indiana COVID-19 Dashboard

I hope it keeps falling for you. UK today 121 deaths, cumulative 36,914. Mindful it is a Bank holiday here in UK a so I hope it can go lower still the next few days. Our highest daily figure was 938 deaths on 8th Apr IIRC and that was our worst week so I really hope it is close to ending for us. ( The first wave anyway. )
Hope everyone has been able to enjoy some fresh air today and lets hope we can turn the corner together.

Indiana, US

You guys, look!

Yes I KNOW more likely to be added in the days to come. But don't burst my bubble.

8 new deaths. EIGHT!

ISDH - Novel Coronavirus: Indiana COVID-19 Dashboard

I hope it keeps falling for you. UK today 121 deaths, cumulative 36,914. Mindful it is a Bank holiday here in UK a so I hope it can go lower still the next few days. Our highest daily figure was 938 deaths on 8th Apr IIRC and that was our worst week so I really hope it is close to ending for us. ( The first wave anyway. )
Hope everyone has been able to enjoy some fresh air today and lets hope we can turn the corner together.
I hear your frustration and anger, but at the same time we need a certain percentage of stupid people right now. Since the genie is now out of the bottle and the virus is not just going to go away, research is crucial moving forward. We need this virus to travel through communities (at a reasonably low level) so that we have research subjects for treatments and vaccines. Whether these research volunteers are operating out of bravery or stupidity is really immaterial. It's bit ruthless, but realistically we need some people to volunteer to get infected so the rest of us can be protected by better treatments and hopefully, a vaccine. It's actually a plus that we seemingly have so many enthusiastic volunteers. We need the guinea pigs right now.

Though I do wish they would stop short of taking a dump on people's lawns.
Idiot Guinea pigs. Love it.

"In a press release published just a day after AiRISTA Flow’s, Boston-based Redpoint Positioning Corporation, another player in the business of tracking workers and inanimate objects, announced that it was taking its own “cutting-edge technology … already used by leading companies worldwide in third-party logistics, auto manufacturing, mine operation” and repackaging it for social distancing.

Like AiRISTA, Redpoint offers companies the ability to “tag” their equipment and employees using ultra-wideband radio signals, a wireless positioning technology only recently added to the most advanced iPhones. Redpoint boasted in the announcement of its ability to use these tags to “track the location of people and equipment with extremely high accuracy, even in complex industrial environments,” now with a coronavirus-specific augmentation: “If social distancing parameters, such as a 1- or 2-meter radius, are violated between workers, the tag alarm will alert them to the hazard.”

The company will also collect a history of employee interactions: “If an infection does occur, historical data from the system will allow for highly accurate contact tracing, as records can show the individuals who were near the infected party.”

Coronavirus Bracelets Are Ready to Snitch on Workers

For some reason I am thinking of "Blade Runner".

Are you allowed to take alcohol into the park?
Geez, it’s one thing to take a small discrete sippy cup with a lid when you are out walking but to get blotto in the park and do your business in someone’s yard?

Wellll, technically, no. But many people go to places like Centre Island and Ontario Place and have civilized picnics with a bottle of wine. If you don't act like a jerk, and be loud and obnoxious, then a lot of times LE will turn a blind eye but it's when groups shows up openly drinking and basically calling attention to their boorish behavior that the ban hammer comes down.

This seems like something different than the tap feature on cards in Canada. It's been a few years since another human touched my card, and generally I don't touch the debit machine. I just wave my card close to the debit machine which reads the magnetic strip on the back and the transaction is completed with no further action from me. There is no setup required, and it's not connected to my phone.

The touchless method of financial transaction certainly is appreciated in these covid days.

I use the tap feature, too, especially now. The only problem AFAIK is that it is restricted to purchases less than 50 or 100 bucks. That's so someone doesn't steal your card and go on a spending spree, I suppose. I thought under these circumstances they may have lifted that restriction. I don't know first hand since it's been a while since I've tried to tap a purchase over $100.

I hear your frustration and anger, but at the same time we need a certain percentage of stupid people right now. Since the genie is now out of the bottle and the virus is not just going to go away, research is crucial moving forward. We need this virus to travel through communities (at a reasonably low level) so that we have research subjects for treatments and vaccines. Whether these research volunteers are operating out of bravery or stupidity is really immaterial. It's bit ruthless, but realistically we need some people to volunteer to get infected so the rest of us can be protected by better treatments and hopefully, a vaccine. It's actually a plus that we seemingly have so many enthusiastic volunteers. We need the guinea pigs right now.

Though I do wish they would stop short of taking a dump on people's lawns.

My concern is that many of these idiots will be asymptomatic
carriers and thus they will spread the virus to vulnerable people.

I wish I could shake this depressed feeling. I stayed away from the news for a while hoping it would help and then I saw the pictures of the beaches. Somehow I did mange to do a load of laundry today. This feeling is horrible and with this virus, I just don't see an end in sight anytime soon. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. It is like I can consumed with this virus and all the negativity.

Kensie, right there with you. I have not been depressed until the last two days. I was good with following the awful news as to the virus day to day, even when it got worse. Followed since January how governments and NGO's etc were handling.

When I realized folks just didn't want to understand or stirring (in general terms) I just put on "ignore"

In the last two days, I've just gotten bottom down depressed at my fellow man and folks near me that are just.not.nice.... or considerate of others.

It just has sent me into a depression............

I'm off to cook and cook and cook and cook .......as my garden now has lost my one focus while quarantined alone.

Kensie, right there with you. I have not been depressed until the last two days. I was good with following the awful news as to the virus day to day, even when it got worse. Followed since January how governments and NGO's etc were handling.

When I realized folks just didn't want to understand or stirring (in general terms) I just put on "ignore"

In the last two days, I've just gotten bottom down depressed at my fellow man and folks near me that are just.not.nice.... or considerate of others.

I'm off to cook and cook and cook and cook .......as my garden now has lost my one focus while quarantined alone.

I am sorry you are feeling like I do. At least you like to cook. I am now on load number 2 of laundry and that is about all I can to today.

BTW, what time is dinner?????

Are you allowed to take alcohol into the park?
Geez, it’s one thing to take a small discrete sippy cup with a lid when you are out walking but to get blotto in the park and do your business in someone’s yard?

no it's not legal
some aren't even hiding it
I saw one LCBO bag right out in the open and another wine bottle

@dixiegirl
One Southern woman to another: your ‘Yard Karen’ was being what we call ‘ugly’ and it has nothing to do with looks. Bless her heart
Bring those flowers out darlin, and once you hear from the HOA (a scary group with their tight azz regs, we have run afoul of them in some rental property we had) double the number and post a discreet pic if you can.

DH trimmed/hacked my Vielchenblau rose just before blooming. Why? Because a thorn tore his sleeve. Bless his heart as well. Grrr

Try not to be depressed. Most people are just quietly doing the right things; we are not as loud and visible as some others, but we're here. I'm sorry you're feeling down.

ETA: Put your flowers back in front yard and tell your neighbor and HOA to f*ck themselves.

Yep. Which is why I plan to stay away from them. They can swim around in the petri dish while I watch what happens from a distance.
How do you maintain this extremely limited lifestyle for several more months, years perhaps without going somewhere?

How will we know who these people are? No symptoms but spreaders of the virus? And heaven forbid we should ask one of them to wear a mask.

What if it is my mom’s hair stylist?
The young man at the cash register?
Or a family member of the aide that comes in my parents house?

I think one if the major reasons I am down and out is that I went to my parent's house yesterday to turn on the air conditioner and other things. My dad passed away last summer and my mother is now wasting away in a nursing home. Going into their house, knowing that they will never return to it, always gets me down . I used to go to the local Botanical Gardens after I would go check on their house, but now I am afraid to go. I have let fear rule my life. Even cancelled my hair appointment to get my stupid shag hair cut of the 70's that I did myself fixed. While I am down, I decided to read the news. A big mistake. I will get better, it just needs to run its course. In a few days, I will be back to normal. Still living in fear but not as bluesy. Still scared to leave the house but hopefully some energy will return.

On the bright side, my son is leaving DC on the 30th. Believe me that is a huge bright side.

Thanks everyone for your support, it really helps to get this out of my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litewrker23