Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.
There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.
New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.
Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.
But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.
Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Updates and chat - United States:
Current Statistics for Each Individual States

Updates and chat - Other Countries:
Stats and Information from Other Countries

Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined

Facial Mask Making - Coronavirus
Grocery shopping tips during Coronavirus quarantine
Recipes to share during Coronavirus quarantine
Health and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine
Quarantine Vegetable Gardens

WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus and testing

Individuals and Companies that have donated to the Coronavirus COVID-19 cause

Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

______

Case details for US and Canada:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59
Thread #60 Thread #61

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

Please remember ...

No blatantly political posts.
Do not be rude or argumentative.
Do not discuss other members or enquire as to their whereabouts. Members are entitled to their privacy.

Do not discuss moderators, moderation, or removed posts. Doing so can result in a temporary or permanent ban from Websleuths.

If you state information as fact, you must provide a link to support that fact. No link, no post !!

Members may copy their own posts from the general discussion thread over to relevant, more local threads in other appropriate Covid-19 sub-forums. If you think someone else's post relates specifically to another thread within the forum, please use the Report feature to let Mods/Admins know and we will move it on over for you.

If you wish to start a new thread, please run it by a Mod or Admin for approval.

Stay safe, healthy, strong and be kind to others.

MOD REMINDER:

THERE ARE A NUMBER OF SPECIFIC SUB-FORUMS THAT HAVE BEEN CREATED TO DISCUSS THE MANY ASPECTS OF THIS EXTRAORDINARY TIME. PLEASE TRY TO KEEP YOUR POSTS ABOUT SPECIFIC TOPICS IN THOSE SUB-FORUMS TO ALLOW THOSE INTERESTED IN THOSE TOPICS TO SEE YOUR POSTS. POSTING THEM IN THIS MAIN THREAD MAKES IT MORE DIFFICULT TO FIND THEM AND CAN VEER THE MAIN THREAD A BIT SIDEWAYS. THANKS FOR TRYING YOUR BEST TO KEEP US ON TRACK!

BELOW ARE SOME QUICK LINKS, BUT THEY ARE EASY TO FIND UNDER THE MAIN COVID HEADING ABOUT SAFETY TIPS AND THINGS TO DO WHILE QUARANTINED:

VEGETABLE GARDENS

QUARANTINE RECIPES
GROCERY SHOPPING
HEALTH & SAFETY TIPS
MAKING YOUR OWN HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS
FACE MASKS FOR PROTECTION
HOMESCHOOLING
SMILES CAFE

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Permanent thread bans have been and will be issued for members who persist in trying to make the thread about politics.

In case you have not read the opening posts above, please etch this part of Tricia's post above in your memory:

NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT

The changing face of coronavirus in Florida: Younger victims, and what that means

“The median age for coronavirusvictims went from 65 at the beginning of March to 36 this week, according to the Florida Department of Health.“

[...]

““I think our older populations are taking more precautions, protecting themselves a little bit more,” said Cindy Prins, associate professor of epidemiology at the University of Florida. “And I think that our younger populations have moved back into the community as these stay-at-home orders have been lifted. They’re more likely to be going out, socializing and getting exposed to the virus. We’re seeing the younger population getting exposed and less of the older folks getting exposed.”“

—-

Just posted it for you @margarita25

Thank you, @Ray_of_hope :)

“DeSantis said the median age of people who tested positive in Florida over the past week was 37. He said it had been in the 60s closer to when testing began.

"It's gonna continue to go down based on what we've seen," DeSantis said.“

Florida Posts Another Daily Record of COVID-19 Infections

DeSantis: ‘Vast majority’ of Florida’s new COVID-19 cases are asymptomatic young people

““We’re seeing it spread in 20- and 30-year-olds faster than we would like to see, so we really want to send a message of doubling down on what we’ve been preaching since the start ... in terms of social distancing” and other public-health guidelines, DeSantis said.“

——

Back to Texas:

Bars, restaurants prep to enforce Harris County mask order

Texas reports largest daily COVID-19 increase as Greater Houston sees spike in cases

Houston's health authority said the situation in Greater Houston is getting worse by the day.

“Houston reported 972 more cases of COVID-19 on Friday and 844 more cases on Saturday.“

[...]

“There have been almost 400 new patients admitted to their hospitals with COVID-19 in the last two days.

The hospital stays for patients admitted with COVID-19 are not short.

“If you’re going to get better and go home, it’s about eight to 10 days,” Persse said. “But if you wind up in the intensive care unit, it can be 25 to 35 or longer.”

That is if the patient recovers.“

—-

Tennessee:

Comedian DL Hughley COVID-19 positive after fainting onstage

Wisconsin:

COVID-19 outbreak at strip club in Wisconsin Dells

Last edited:
Arizona:

'I just can't be responsible': Why some Phoenix area restaurant owners would rather close

Arizona, Pima County set records — again — for weekly rise in COVID-19 cases

“And the state will likely continue to surpass these single-day records, said Dr. Joe Gerald, an associate professor with the University of Arizona’s Zuckerman College of Public Health.

“For the next 10 to 14 days, it’s going to be just more of the same,” he said.”

Arizona Bush Fire: Facing a record increase in coronavirus cases, Arizona is besieged by wildfires - CNN

“As public health officials try to keep the coronavirus from spreading, the pandemic has forced the state's firefighters to adjust how they suppress fires.
This year, they are prepositioning more crews, spreading out camp sites and relying more on aircraft to dump water, according to Tiffany Davila, public information officer for the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management.
"... It can be difficult at times to be socially distant while fighting fire, especially when there can be hundreds, maybe even a thousand firefighters assigned to any incident. But we are working in the safest possible way to make sure our crews remain healthy and our communities and residents remain protected," she said.“

Last edited:
We turned down a request for a wedding rehearsal for 36 people at our restaurant for next Friday. Potential income of up to $2,000. That we could really use/need. But, the risk of somebody getting sick, and blaming us is too great.
It sucks.
My poor husband is on the frontline with all of this. All weekend, people were coming in without masks. He tells them, I'm sorry but you cannot come in here without a mask and they get in his face. Arguing that masks are useless. He has to keep telling them, that these are not our rules.
We have signs posted, but, they ignore them.
We cannot risk being closed down. We're in California.

Do waivers carry any legal weight? In these parts, Canada, waivers aren't worth a spit. You can sign a waiver saying you won't sue if you get CoVid, but it's still up to the sponsoring organisation to keep you safe, so if they organise an event that doesn't follow the public health guidelines, they can be sued.

The changing face of coronavirus in Florida: Younger victims, and what that means

“The median age for coronavirusvictims went from 65 at the beginning of March to 36 this week, according to the Florida Department of Health.“

[...]

““I think our older populations are taking more precautions, protecting themselves a little bit more,” said Cindy Prins, associate professor of epidemiology at the University of Florida. “And I think that our younger populations have moved back into the community as these stay-at-home orders have been lifted. They’re more likely to be going out, socializing and getting exposed to the virus. We’re seeing the younger population getting exposed and less of the older folks getting expose

[...]

““I think our older populations are taking more precautions, protecting themselves a little bit more,” said Cindy Prins, associate professor of epidemiology at the University of Florida. “And I think that our younger populations have moved back into the community as these stay-at-home orders have been lifted. They’re more likely to be going out, socializing and getting exposed to the virus. We’re seeing the younger population getting exposed and less of the older folks getting exposed.”“

—-

——

[...]

—-

SBM
Younger people are being exposed because they're the ones out on the streets with their 'peaceful' protests all night, every night---even in cities that have a mandatory mask requirement for anyone out in public. They're not subject to the mandatory requirements, like everyone else. I haven't seen many elderly people on the streets all night.
No wonder the median age is dropping.

Houston has been having a lot of protests in the past few weeks, I’m saddened but not surprised by the sudden uptick in cases, nor the uptick of cases in younger people.

I’m betting all the cities besieged with protestors and rioters are seeing a huge uptick in cases, there’s just no way around it.

Houston has been having a lot of protests in the past few weeks, I’m saddened but not surprised by the sudden uptick in cases, nor the uptick of cases in younger people.
Sorry to hear that.

At least we won't have to worry about Tulsa in a couple of weeks as hardly anyone came to a rally that was held today---or so I've been reading.

"Our testing is so much bigger and more advanced than any other country (we have done a great job on this!) that it shows more cases. Without testing, or weak testing, we would be showing almost no cases. Testing is a double edged sword - Makes us look bad, but good to have!!!" Trump tweeted.

Trump on coronavirus: 'If we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cases, if any'

JMO

Testing in the US is not bigger and more advanced than any other country. Many countries have tested a larger portion of their population, including the UK, Russia, Spain, Finland, Belgium, and 22 others.

Last edited:

[...]

—-

Thank you, @Ray_of_hope :)

“DeSantis said the median age of people who tested positive in Florida over the past week was 37. He said it had been in the 60s closer to when testing began.

"It's gonna continue to go down based on what we've seen," DeSantis said.“

Florida Posts Another Daily Record of COVID-19 Infections

DeSantis: ‘Vast majority’ of Florida’s new COVID-19 cases are asymptomatic young people

““We’re seeing it spread in 20- and 30-year-olds faster than we would like to see, so we really want to send a message of doubling down on what we’ve been preaching since the start ... in terms of social distancing” and other public-health guidelines, DeSantis said.“

——

Back to Texas:

Bars, restaurants prep to enforce Harris County mask order

Texas reports largest daily COVID-19 increase as Greater Houston sees spike in cases

Houston's health authority said the situation in Greater Houston is getting worse by the day.

“Houston reported 972 more cases of COVID-19 on Friday and 844 more cases on Saturday.“

[...]

“There have been almost 400 new patients admitted to their hospitals with COVID-19 in the last two days.

The hospital stays for patients admitted with COVID-19 are not short.

“If you’re going to get better and go home, it’s about eight to 10 days,” Persse said. “But if you wind up in the intensive care unit, it can be 25 to 35 or longer.”

That is if the patient recovers.“

—-

Tennessee:

Comedian DL Hughley COVID-19 positive after fainting onstage

Wisconsin:

COVID-19 outbreak at strip club in Wisconsin Dells
SBM
Younger people are being exposed because they're the ones out on the streets with their 'peaceful' protests all night, every night---even in cities that have a mandatory mask requirement for anyone out in public. They're not subject to the mandatory requirements, like everyone else. I haven't seen many elderly people on the streets all night.
SBM
You know what, that's correct. But also something is also telling that there aren't so many 80 and 90 year olds around any more because the first wave got them. So rather than a median I like to see the exact ages of those who have died with it as well as the exact age groups of those testing, with details of race and underlying conditions too. We don't see that with the testing, but BAME are more susceptible to die of it, we have seen IMO.

Last edited:
"President Donald Trump told Axios on Friday that he anticipated a “wild evening” at his Saturday campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, while recommending “people do what they want” when it comes to wearing a mask at the event — and even suggested it could be harmful to wear one."

Trump dismisses the need to wear masks at his campaign rally in Tulsa - Vox
Trump falsely suggests wearing a mask at his Tulsa rally could be harmful

There are some situations in which face masks might not be advised:

• children under two whose lungs haven't fully developed
  • people with respiratory conditions who may struggle to breathe
  • people should not wear masks when exercising
From your link.

You know what, that's correct. But also something is also telling that there aren't so many 80 and 90 year olds around any more because the first wave got them. So rather than a median I like to see the exact ages of those who have died with it as well as the exact age groups of those testing, with details of race and underlying conditions too. We don't see that with the testing, but BAME are more susceptible to die of it, we have seen IMO.
Yes, I would like to see the exact ages too as well as the age groups that have been tested and other factual information that you have mentioned. Our state gives the exact ages of those who have passed away with each daily update. But there is never any information given about the ages of those who have been tested. I think in every case here, it has been stated that the individual had underlying conditions. I wonder about that.

This doesn’t relate to what you implied/said about protestors wearing masks to avoid being identified. A balaclava covering most of the face is not what most protestors were wearing.

And again, you ignored the point of my original post. Mask-wearing by many, many protestors was not my point. Moving on....
I am looking for your original post to see what point I ignored but the back arrows don't seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14