Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
California rent relief plan would give tenants until 2034 to make up late payments

The agreement would allow the tenant to defer rent during the coronavirus emergency without fear of being evicted. If the renter declines to make a deal, the landlord would have to secure a signature-verified document proving he or she attempted negotiations with the tenant.

The state would then assume the financial burden, and allow renters 10 years beginning in 2024 to pay back unpaid rent accumulated during COVID-19. Tenants could make payments incrementally or, if they can’t afford the installments, could receive loan forgiveness.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article243604527.html#storylink=cpy

Florida doctor John Little explains how the definition of a COVID-19 case differs from the typical way medical cases are defined, rendering the number of COVID-19 cases a useless statistic.

“During my career in family medicine, including several years as an Army physician, I have cared for patients with chickenpox, shingles, Lyme disease as well as measles, tuberculosis, malaria, and AIDS. The “case definition” established for all of these diseases by the CDC requires the presence of signs and symptoms of that disease. In other words, each case involved a SICK patient. Laboratory studies may be performed to “confirm” a diagnosis, but are not sufficient in the absence of clinical symptoms.

Having now been privileged to care for sick patients with COVID-19, both in and out of the hospital setting, I am happy to see the number of these sick patients dwindle almost to zero in my community – while the “case numbers” for COVID-19 continue to go up. Why is that?

In marked contrast to measles, shingles, and other infectious disease, “cases” of COVID-19 do NOT require the presence of ANY symptoms whatsoever. Health departments are encouraging everyone and anyone to come in for testing, and each positive test is reported as yet another “new” case of COVID-19!

. . .

Now perhaps you see why the increasing number of cases, and even deaths, due to COVID-19 is fraught with misinterpretation and is NOT in any way a measure of the ACTUAL morbidity and mortality FROM COVID-19. My patients who insist upon wearing masks, gloves and social distancing are citing these misleading statistics as justification for their decisions (and, of course, that they are following the “CDC guidelines”). I simply advise them, “COVID-19 is NOT in the atmosphere around us; it resides in the respiratory tracts of infected individuals and can only be transmitted to others by sick, infected persons after prolonged contact with others”.”

Much more here:
Letter to the Editor: Why Increasing Number of Cases of COVID-19 is NOT Bad News

I don't know who this Florida doctor is, but even those who have no symptoms might show lung damage on x-rays. And by the way, if hospitals and ICUs are filling up to capacity (as they are in several states) , I really don't think it's because totally asymptomatic patients are laying in those ICU beds.

The US government put things into place so that everyone was able to eat, pay the rent, mortgage, etc., despite not working for two months or longer as well.

Not too much. People like me (small business owners) have often been unable to get loans to get us through, while massive companies immediately got emergency funds. And a lot of funding.

Also, a one time payment of $1,200 is absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Senate Passes $2 Trillion Coronavirus Relief Package

Senate Passes $2 Trillion Coronavirus Relief Package

• An extended unemployment insurance program for laid-off workers that will allow for four months of "full pay," according to Schumer, rather than the usual three months for most. It will also raise the maximum unemployment insurance benefit by $600 per week. It will apply to traditional workers for small and large businesses as well as those who are self-employed and workers in the gig economy. This was a key Democratic initiative, which Schumer dubbed "unemployment insurance on steroids."
I’m keeping my fingers crossed, maybe with the self-employed addition to this package I could be eligible for unemployment benefits.

Not too much. People like me (small business owners) have often been unable to get loans to get us through, while massive companies immediately got emergency funds. And a lot of funding.

Also, a one time payment of $1,200 per month is absolutely nothing.
$1200 dollars is a lot of money for me. That money made up for the lost wages I had when my hours were cut.

Last edited:
Article on contact tracing in Canada, it's long, but interesting and informative. I found it interesting that when the Canadian contact tracer contacts a person who has been exposed to an infected person, they aren't allowed to identify the infected person, due to confidentiality (see quote below). They can only provide them with the date that the contact occurred.

"Others who have been in contact with an infected person will curtly ask Ashby: “What do you mean I’ve been exposed? Who was it? I need to know.” Privacy rules block her from disclosing that information; she can only tell them the date the contact occurred." (BBM)

Contact tracers are the new front line against COVID-19 - Macleans.ca

Florida doctor John Little explains how the definition of a COVID-19 case differs from the typical way medical cases are defined, rendering the number of COVID-19 cases a useless statistic.

“During my career in family medicine, including several years as an Army physician, I have cared for patients with chickenpox, shingles, Lyme disease as well as measles, tuberculosis, malaria, and AIDS. The “case definition” established for all of these diseases by the CDC requires the presence of signs and symptoms of that disease. In other words, each case involved a SICK patient. Laboratory studies may be performed to “confirm” a diagnosis, but are not sufficient in the absence of clinical symptoms.

Having now been privileged to care for sick patients with COVID-19, both in and out of the hospital setting, I am happy to see the number of these sick patients dwindle almost to zero in my community – while the “case numbers” for COVID-19 continue to go up. Why is that?

In marked contrast to measles, shingles, and other infectious disease, “cases” of COVID-19 do NOT require the presence of ANY symptoms whatsoever. Health departments are encouraging everyone and anyone to come in for testing, and each positive test is reported as yet another “new” case of COVID-19!

. . .

Now perhaps you see why the increasing number of cases, and even deaths, due to COVID-19 is fraught with misinterpretation and is NOT in any way a measure of the ACTUAL morbidity and mortality FROM COVID-19. My patients who insist upon wearing masks, gloves and social distancing are citing these misleading statistics as justification for their decisions (and, of course, that they are following the “CDC guidelines”). I simply advise them, “COVID-19 is NOT in the atmosphere around us; it resides in the respiratory tracts of infected individuals and can only be transmitted to others by sick, infected persons after prolonged contact with others”.”

Much more here:
Letter to the Editor: Why Increasing Number of Cases of COVID-19 is NOT Bad News

One doctor. In a letter to the editor. And yet most doctors and health care agencies say differently.

True, it’s not just floating in the air. But it seems this guy has not followed any of the cases like at churches, choir practice and parties where one person infected a dozen or more.

Over and over we hear how asymptomatic people can infect others. I’m sure that’s not as easy to transmit as someone who is symptomatic because they’re not necessarily coughing or whatever. Clearly, that’s going to be the prime way this is transmitted.

However, some people have nothing but mild symptoms and as we’ve seen with things like the WA choir practice, it can wreak havoc in close quarters.

BBM:
Article on contact tracing in Canada, it's long, but interesting and informative. I found it interesting that when the Canadian contact tracer contacts a person who has been exposed to an infected person, they aren't allowed to identify the infected person, due to confidentiality (see quote below). They can only provide them with the date that the contact occurred.

"Others who have been in contact with an infected person will curtly ask Ashby: “What do you mean I’ve been exposed? Who was it? I need to know.” Privacy rules block her from disclosing that information; she can only tell them the date the contact occurred." (BBM)

Contact tracers are the new front line against COVID-19 - Macleans.ca

Same here in the States.

Last edited:
For most people, however, it’s nothing. A family of four. People who receive no income at all. Especially in states where costs are high.
A family of four received $1200 per adult and $500 per child. So, 2 adults plus 2 children would be $3400.

I wouldn't call that nothing.

And nothing is what the government owes people.

Good thing there are still people who believe in setting money aside for emergencies.

I hope they did, but, these testing kits aren't 100% accurate right? I know our Vice President is very committed to his faith, I just wish that our leaders would believe in the devil just as much. Moo

Liverpool fans flock to Anfield to celebrate.[/QUOTE]
:confused: a 100 person choir.
Why though? With the risks. I don’t get it.

oh wait maybe they tested them all??

Guess we actually may end up with "herd immunity" after all.

Chase Rice Hosts Packed Concert in Tennessee, No Masks or Distancing

Chase Rice held a show Saturday night at former prison-turned-event center called the Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary in Petros, Tennessee. It usually can hold 10,000 bodies for a concert, but this weekend ... only 4,000 were allowed through.

video at link above :
As you can see, swarms of people are too close for comfort -- not practicing even the slightest hint of social distancing -- and practically NOBODY is wearing a face mask. It also doesn't help that Chase was leading them in a sing-along moment -- which probably exacerbated any type of potential 'rona molecules already flying through the air. And, of course -- like many other parts of the country -- COVID-19 cases are spiking in TN as well.

For most people, however, it’s nothing. A family of four. People who receive no income at all. Especially in states where costs are high.

A family of four received $1200 per adult and $500 per child. So, 2 adults plus 2 children would be $3400.

I wouldn't call that nothing.

And nothing is what the government owes people.

Good thing there are still people who believe in setting money aside for emergencies.

People who receive no income at all wouldn’t have lost income due to COVID and would continue to receive the same benefits they received prior to Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot