Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gitiana1, don't you surmise that it is the people who are feeling sick that are going for testing?
That would absolutely skew the positive percentages. Healthy people for the most part, or those with no symptoms aren't waiting in lines for hours to be tested. MO
You're working in or around Santa Ana, Ca. Right?
I know that many of the office buildings there don't have windows that open.
That would really bother me.
Zoom meetings, masks or not, I just can not see myself in a closed in space without fresh air. Seriously.
Right now, fresh air and distance is key.
This nasty MF virus wants to infect and NEEDS to infect people to survive.
P.S. M stands for Mother. F stands for a word I cannot say.
I hate this thing.
Gitiana, you are probably just fine. I heard a doctor say with the current percentages, that it would be a one in 4,000. Chance that you'll be in contact with an infected person.
Most sick people are not out and about.
Yes, there are silent spreaders, but for the most part they appear to be young people with no symptoms.
I worry about my health compromised husband who is dealing with the public 6 days a week.
We are all scared and worried.
This virus sucks!

We are up to a 14.6% positivity rate in my county. I just spent 4.5 hours in my small office with two clients doing a zoom mediation. Ugh. We were all wearing masks but it worries me. Client was sighing heavily a couple times.

Oh gosh. Then it is definitely for the best that I had to cancel. I would not want to see an article about me. Hoping that these people and everyone they were in contact with will be okay.

Even with my medium range safety habits, no way would I do anything but freak out on an airplane right now. I'm glad you cancelled. Jmo

Phoenix Mayor: Maricopa County Medical Examiner at 96% capacity, adding refrigerated trucks

PHOENIX — Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego says one Abrazo location is nearing capacity in its morgue and may be requesting refrigerated trucks. The Maricopa County Medical Examiner's office is also reportedly near capacity.

ABC15 spoke with Mayor Gallego Friday morning when she said the Abrazo location, which was not identified, is "near capacity" in their morgue space and they are looking at options to prevent problems.

“It’s specific just to one area…this is not a statewide problem,” Mayor Gallego said. "Maricopa County... is looking at everything they can do..."

"We are losing too many Arizonans," Mayor Gallego said. She continued to urge Arizona Governor Doug Ducey to require mask usage throughout the state.

Mayor Gallego's office released an additional statement Friday, detailing information from the city's meetings with the "Maricopa County Unified Command Center."

The command center team shared that the Maricopa Office of the Medical Examiner is at 96% capacity and is working to "secure a contract for refrigerator trucks."

More than 70,000 new cases today.

We are really in some deep trouble.

I think when Dr. Fauci recently commented with the 100K figure, he knew it was close to being a given. That is because he knows the #'s are several weeks ahead of where we are right now. He said it when the daily #'s were coming in closer to 50K, now they're almost 50% higher.

We could do Significant things TODAY that would keep the #'s from accelerating above 100K, but we're not, so every day that goes by now, means Many more new cases in late July/early August.

Los Angeles County news

Santa Monica Burger King employee files complaint after death of co-worker with COVID-19 symptoms | KTLA

An employee at a Santa Monica Burger King filed a complaint with the state and the county following the death of a transgender co-worker who continued working despite showing symptoms of COVID-19.

The complaint alleges that at least one manager of the fast-food restaurant at 1919 Pico Blvd. blamed the death of Angela Martinez on hormone injections. And it states, as another employee has developed coronavirus symptoms, other workers are concerned about what they deem “dangerous” conditions in the restaurant: infrequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces, lack of face masks and lax enforcement of social distancing.
Martinez died on Monday after working for a week with “severe” symptoms, according to the complaint. She was coughing, nauseated and “running to the restroom a lot” before going home sick on June 29.

Shortly after, another employee, identified as Mariela, developed symptoms. Even after having a high temperature, a manager allowed Mariela to keep working, the complaint alleges.

Despite two employees experiencing symptoms, the location was not closed for deep cleaning, nor were close contacts notified or quarantined, according to the complaint.

I agree. I found this article to be interesting.

Coronavirus: Why kids aren’t the germbags, and grownups are

“The evidence suggests that children are less likely to become infected, less likely to develop severe disease and less likely to transmit the virus to other children and adults,” said co-author and pediatrician Dr. William Raszka Jr. of the University of Vermont School of Medicine. “It is wildly different from flu.”

Coronavirus: Kids less likely to get infected, spread to others
And, isn't that just great - spread it to teachers who spread it to their families. Teachers die. Oh, well...

I think when Dr. Fauci recently commented with the 100K figure, he knew it was close to being a given. That is because he knows the #'s are several weeks ahead of where we are right now. He said it when the daily #'s were coming in closer to 50K, now they're almost 50% higher.

We could do Significant things TODAY that would keep the #'s from accelerating above 100K, but we're not, so every day that goes by now, means Many more new cases in late July/early August.
I know. This is just such an epic fail on so many levels it defies belief. It's surreal to be living in this as the world looks on in horror, unable to help.

Los Angeles County news

Santa Monica Burger King employee files complaint after death of co-worker with COVID-19 symptoms | KTLA

An employee at a Santa Monica Burger King filed a complaint with the state and the county following the death of a transgender co-worker who continued working despite showing symptoms of COVID-19.

The complaint alleges that at least one manager of the fast-food restaurant at 1919 Pico Blvd. blamed the death of Angela Martinez on hormone injections. And it states, as another employee has developed coronavirus symptoms, other workers are concerned about what they deem “dangerous” conditions in the restaurant: infrequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces, lack of face masks and lax enforcement of social distancing.
Martinez died on Monday after working for a week with “severe” symptoms, according to the complaint. She was coughing, nauseated and “running to the restroom a lot” before going home sick on June 29.

Shortly after, another employee, identified as Mariela, developed symptoms. Even after having a high temperature, a manager allowed Mariela to keep working, the complaint alleges.

Despite two employees experiencing symptoms, the location was not closed for deep cleaning, nor were close contacts notified or quarantined, according to the complaint.
I honestly don't know how to process that.

I haven’t been paying much attention to airline stuff. Did I recently read that American Airlines is going to full flights now, no seat spacing?

Also, my doctor, who I absolutely love, is apparently taking her large family on vacation to the Bahamas in a few weeks. The mind boggles.
Yes, American is now doing full loads as of July 1st.

Are you in an area with low case numbers?

University of Houston researchers create heated air filter that can kill coronavirus 'instantly'
Researchers at the University of Houston claimed to have designed a special air filter that can trap the novel coronavirus and blast it with heat to kill the disease on contact.

Dr. Zhifeng Ren, director of the Texas Center of Superconductivity at UH, is the brains behind the project, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Ren worked with Medistar CEO Monzer Hourani to bring about a "unique design" made from heated nickel foam, which was detailed in a paper published by Materials Today Physics.

Researchers reportedly conducted tests at Galveston National Laboratory and found that 99.8 percent of the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19 was killed "instantly," after a single pass through the filter. The process does, however, require the foam to be heated at 392 degrees Fahrenheit.

And, isn't that just great - spread it to teachers who spread it to their families. Teachers die. Oh, well...
Apparently you didn't read the article.
As evidence that children are not the agents of spread, pediatricians point to large “contact tracing” data sets from around the world. They show that a household’s COVID-19 infection rarely starts with children; on the contrary, grownups bring it into the home. And children rarely share it with others.

Coronavirus: Kids less likely to get infected, spread to others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members