Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who could run a business like that? 25% Capacity? We will be lucky to have any restaurants left at some point.
I was considering a business investment and during my research it was heartbreaking to see how many restaurants are going out of business now. Restaurant equipment is for sale cheap everywhere.

Who could run a business like that? 25% Capacity? We will be lucky to have any restaurants left at some point.

We are limited to 50%, here, and an owner was telling me that they'd be thrilled to be 50% full. He said take out and delivery have been good (and obviously the bar always does a big business). But, yea, 25% would be a challenge. Seems like there will be a big demand for converting indoor dining space into large patios - I suspect we'll see restaurants getting creative, like modern sports stadiums with retractable roofs.

There is a place here that fought back when indoor smoking was banned. They put in all kinds of filtration and turned the walls into slats, like plantation shutters. It was a drawn out struggle, but they eventually convinced the authorities that the air inside was cleaner than the air outside and were able to stay open.

There are hundreds of small restaurants in Kentucky (and Indiana) with inside seating capacity at 80 or less. Even with 80, that restricts you to 20 indoor patrons in Kentucky. It isn't economically sustainable.

All sports that think they are going to have a season are out of their minds: what are they thinking? it is absurd to think you can put a bunch of men together - in a clubhouse, being together in other situations, and think you can carry on for a full season. I think people are too stupid to understand the concept of what a pandemic really is. Well the virus does not care who it infects and now baseball is feeling the reality of an extremely contagious virus. It seems too many people in our country want to try and live normally, pretend everything is dooable--- so okay, let's have our baseball, football, and of course let's put our kids in schools- what could possibly go wrong?
Our cricket has started just in the last couple of weeks. I haven't heard of any problems so far but will need to check it out now.

Here we go - I am going to bore you all silly now. Cricket game has a pilot crowd of 1,000.

Surrey crowd pilot friendly attracts 1,000 fans at The Oval

Surrey crowd pilot friendly attracts 1,000 fans at The Oval

_113651197_hi062632873.jpg

About 30% of the seats in the two open stands at The Oval were filled
Sunshine, the crack of willow on leather, an obligatory rain break and 1,000 grateful spectators were all part of the scene in Surrey's crowd pilot friendly with Middlesex at The Oval.

England's first taste of live spectator sport since the coronavirus lockdown was described by Surrey chief executive Richard Gould as "a definite success".

Fans were spaced by alternate rows and two-seat gaps per group in two stands.

Spectators sipped beers, while big screens provided entertainment.

Hand sanitiser was placed around the ground to encourage those in attendance to keep up with protocols, while there were also pump bottles of gel placed around the boundary ropes for the players.

There was plenty of demand for tickets from Surrey's members, with Gould confirming 10,000 calls were made to snap up the 1,000 places available within an hour of them going on sale.

Similar crowd pilots are to take place at the World Snooker Championship and Goodwood races

Second innings continues at link.

Last edited:
Charm's tip of the day --
For a free flu shot, check out your local senior center if they are open this fall.
We have one located next door to my work. Because we were local, we were vaccinated at no cost last year. There were about a dozen of us that went over. They hold the clinic every year.
We were ages 22-71!

This is a good youtube of Dr. Seheult. This one discusses the "long haulers"...people who get Covid, and continue to have some bad symptoms long after the major infection and fever are gone. Chest heaviness, diarrhea, SOB... and depression are some of them.

He also talks again about taking NAC (one of his strong recommendations) for prevention/keeping the immune system strong (along with C, D, and others of course). I got the NAC for prevention a few months ago...and the continued information about its possible help with or without getting COVID seems like good info for me anyway

Charm's tip of the day --
For a free flu shot, check out your local senior center if they are open this fall.
We have one located next door to my work. Because we were local, we were vaccinated at no cost last year. There were about a dozen of us that went over. They hold the clinic every year.
We were ages 22-71!

Good idea for those who don't have insurance coverage or can't afford the co-pay. Also check with your county's Health Department. In our county, there are need-based free options for various vaccines, or they are offered at a lower cost than most if not need-based offerings.

This is a good youtube of Dr. Seheult. This one discusses the "long haulers"...people who get Covid, and continue to have some bad symptoms long after the major infection and fever are gone. Chest heaviness, diarrhea, SOB... and depression are some of them.

He also talks again about taking NAC (one of his strong recommendations) for prevention/keeping the immune system strong (along with C, D, and others of course). I got the NAC for prevention a few months ago...and the continued information about its possible help with or without getting COVID seems like good info for me anyway

I had never heard of NAC so I googled it and found this study. So posting link for review.
N-acetylcysteine: A rapid review of the evidence for effectiveness in treating COVID-19 - CEBM

(Not peer reviewed)

NAC is definitely an interesting possible treatment and warrants more study/investigation as to its efficacy.

However, it's apparently not advisable for asthma sufferers to take it, nor those already on blood thinners. It's also recommended to take Vitamin C alongside it, to reduce the chance of developing kidney stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523