Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the unemployed, rising grocery prices stretch budgets even more

"
The cost of groceries has been rising at the fastest pace in decades since the coronavirus pandemic seized the U.S. economy, leading to sticker shock for basic staples such as beef and eggs and forcing struggling households to rethink how to put enough food on the table.

BB17zbjq.img
© David Santiago/AP A City of Hialeah employee stacks eggs carton during a drive-thru food distribution at the Goodlet Park in Hialeah, Fla. in July 2020.(David Santiago/Miami Herald via AP)
Long-standing supply chains for everyday grocery items have been upended as the pandemic sickened scores of workers, forced factory closures and punctured the carefully calibrated networks that brought food from farms to store shelves. Even while some of the sharpest price hikes have eased somewhat, the overall effects are being felt most acutely by the nearly 30 million Americans who saw their $600 enhanced unemployment benefit expire last Friday — exacerbating concerns that the recession’s long tail could worsen food insecurity for years to come."

My daughter and I chose not to attend my future daughter in law's bridal shower last Saturday.
Both of her elderly grandmothers went. One has COPD.
GUESS WHAT?
We found out that my son was exposed to COVID on Tuesday of last week!!! They own a home together and have allowed his finance's mom, her 2nd husband and their 2 children to live with them.
He was told on Monday when he showed up for work to go get tested. He was negative, but it still might be too soon. I don't know.
None of them are taking this serious. I am furious! There were probably about 30 people there. NO MASKS!!!
Why in the world she won't reschedule this wedding, I will never understand.
My son has exactly 8 family members on his side of the family.
My 84 yo dad, my 85 yo MIL who has had a breast and lung cancer reoccurance discovered 2 weeks ago, me (immunedeficiency), my husband, my daughter, my son in law and my granddaughter.
His 20 month old son will be in the wedding.
My granddaughter who will be 23 months old was supposed to be a flower girl, but not now!
None of us will be attending the wedding. It is near Athens Georgia and the numbers are increasing at an alarming rate.
We are the bad guys now- tough. I'm not risking a family members life to attend a wedding during a pandemic that could have been postponed, but wasn't, because unfortunately she is going to have things her way- period.
Cheers!
I find it very selfish and unbecoming.
Am I wrong?
It doesn't matter to me honestly. Hopefully none of us will succumb to this virus, as we have all been socially isolating since March!
Moo

Would it be possible for them to use live stream of the wedding so that your son's side of the family can watch it and be part of it if you choose not to attend? We did this recently with a family funeral, the chapel service was live streamed for those who couldn't attend.

My daughter and I chose not to attend my future daughter in law's bridal shower last Saturday.
Both of her elderly grandmothers went. One has COPD.
GUESS WHAT?
We found out that my son was exposed to COVID on Tuesday of last week!!! They own a home together and have allowed his finance's mom, her 2nd husband and their 2 children to live with them.
He was told on Monday when he showed up for work to go get tested. He was negative, but it still might be too soon. I don't know.
None of them are taking this serious. I am furious! There were probably about 30 people there. NO MASKS!!!
Why in the world she won't reschedule this wedding, I will never understand.
My son has exactly 8 family members on his side of the family.
My 84 yo dad, my 85 yo MIL who has had a breast and lung cancer reoccurance discovered 2 weeks ago, me (immunedeficiency), my husband, my daughter, my son in law and my granddaughter.
His 20 month old son will be in the wedding.
My granddaughter who will be 23 months old was supposed to be a flower girl, but not now!
None of us will be attending the wedding. It is near Athens Georgia and the numbers are increasing at an alarming rate.
We are the bad guys now- tough. I'm not risking a family members life to attend a wedding during a pandemic that could have been postponed, but wasn't, because unfortunately she is going to have things her way- period.
Cheers!
I find it very selfish and unbecoming.
Am I wrong?
It doesn't matter to me honestly. Hopefully none of us will succumb to this virus, as we have all been socially isolating since March!
Moo
You just can't make this stuff up. Outrageous.

@gngr~snap wow, that is insane. My husband and I have only had three people to our house, separately, since this started. We have not been anywhere with a large crowd. We wouldn't even think of going anywhere with a lot of people. We don't even go out to dinner.

Would it be possible for them to use live stream of the wedding so that your son's side of the family can watch it and be part of it if you choose not to attend? We did this recently with a family funeral, the chapel service was live streamed for those who couldn't attend.

This is a good idea. My husband and I aren't comfortable with a gender reveal this weekend, too many unknowns. Hopefully, they can livestream it. Otherwise, too bad. We have had to take calculated risks to create a "bubble" of mostly my side of the family because the situation just warranted it. We cannot take foolish chances.

Last edited:
Perhaps! Even if it's recorded at least we can see it. I hate that we had to decide not to go, but the numbers aren't getting any better and I am afraid the venue may end up canceling the ceremony with in the next few weeks if people don't start taking this virus seriously.
The children in the schools are going to spread this and it will get uglier. I am certain of that.
UGA starts classes August 20th.
The wedding is September 19th.
Moo

Alyssa Milano had 3 COVID-19 tests that were negative. However, she felt like hell and ended up testing positive for antibodies.

So the folks who claim the numbers are inflated - well, guess what? The testing is not even catching all of the positives.

Alyssa Milano Tests Positive for COVID-19 Antibodies After 3 Negative Results: 'I Thought I Was Dying'

I have really wondered about the efficacy of the tests. Is there any quality control? I wonder where these tests come from.

North Carolina

Mask ambassadors will soon help Charlotte area residents follow COVID-19 rules — The Charlotte Observer

“Bilingual mask ambassadors from diverse communities will soon be frequenting businesses across Charlotte and surrounding towns, ensuring residents are following crucial health guidelines to slow the spread of COVD-19. “

North Carolina Will Pause Further Reopening Until September To Start The School Year — NPR

‘When does it end?’ Charlotte businesses irate over NC extending reopening restrictions — The Charlotte Observer

North Carolina

Mask ambassadors will soon help Charlotte area residents follow COVID-19 rules — The Charlotte Observer

“Bilingual mask ambassadors from diverse communities will soon be frequenting businesses across Charlotte and surrounding towns, ensuring residents are following crucial health guidelines to slow the spread of COVD-19. “

North Carolina Will Pause Further Reopening Until September To Start The School Year — NPR

‘When does it end?’ Charlotte businesses irate over NC extending reopening restrictions — The Charlotte Observer
Bilingual mask ambassadors from diverse communities will soon be frequenting businesses across Charlotte and surrounding towns, ensuring residents are following crucial health guidelines to slow the spread of COVD-19. “

What could go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members