Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #81

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.
There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.
New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.
Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.
But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.
Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Updates and chat - United States:
Current Statistics for Each Individual States

Updates and chat - Other Countries:
Stats and Information from Other Countries

Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined

Facial Mask Making - Coronavirus
Grocery shopping tips during Coronavirus quarantine
Recipes to share during Coronavirus quarantine
Health and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine
Quarantine Vegetable Gardens
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children MIS-c and Covid[/URL}

[URL='https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ws-members-loved-ones-who-have-coronavirus-and-testing.514116/']WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus and testing

Individuals and Companies that have donated to the Coronavirus COVID-19 cause

Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

______

Case details for US and Canada:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Covid-19 Vaccine Development

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68[/URL] Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

Please remember ...

No blatantly political posts.
Do not be rude or argumentative.
Do not discuss other members or enquire as to their whereabouts. Members are entitled to their privacy.

Do not discuss moderators, moderation, or removed posts. Doing so can result in a temporary or permanent ban from Websleuths.

If you state information as fact, you must provide a link to support that fact. No link, no post !!

Members may copy their own posts from the general discussion thread over to relevant, more local threads in other appropriate Covid-19 sub-forums. If you think someone else's post relates specifically to another thread within the forum, please use the Report feature to let Mods/Admins know and we will move it on over for you.

If you wish to start a new thread, please run it by a Mod or Admin for approval.

Stay safe, healthy, strong and be kind to others.

ADMIN NOTE:

10ofRods is a Verified medical anthropologist and as such they are not required to provide links to information that is within the area of their expertise.

Hey everyone,

This thread is for sharing information, not debating or bickering or winning an argument.

State your opinion, post your link to info, then move on without feeling the need to comment on every single detail of every single post. It takes over the thread and none of us are here to hammer our own opinion into the heads of other members.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths is based in the US but has members from all over the world.

Any member who posts snark about another country will be permanently removed from this discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members should not take it upon themselves to decide that politics is allowed.

Until/unless Tricia, or a Mod or Admin gives approval to discuss any political aspect of this situation, the usual rules apply (no political snipes, debate talks, no election, ballots, Reps/Dems, Constitution, Pelosi, footballs, etc).

Discuss the President's health as it is presented via MSM or information from the WH or the President's medical personnel, and as it relates to his Covid diagnosis only. Let the rest unfold as it happens without dragging politics into this discussion.

Thread will reopen shortly.

Wisconsin coronavirus hospitalizations worry staff, who fear surge

'I wish they could see how bad things are getting': As Wisconsin hospitals fill up with COVID patients, front-line workers sound the alarm

MADELINE HEIM | USA TODAY NETWORK-WISCONSIN | 1:22 pm CDT October 1, 2020
icon-sms_24.svg

One of Paige Schonfelder's recent COVID-19 patients told her she'd done everything right.

The woman had a compromised immune system, so she'd heeded experts' advice to stay home and avoid social gatherings. She must have picked it up at the grocery store, she told Schonfelder.

For weeks, the woman suffered alone at a Fox Valley hospital where Schonfelder works nights as a nurse. She only saw family again in her last few days, as she died.

Yet in Schonfelder's small hometown a few hours northwest of Appleton, restaurants flaunt signs saying they don't require masks. Some people think COVID-19 is overblown, or a hoax. She's a firsthand witness, she tells people there: The threat is real.

"I see it, I deal with it, I was at work overtime. I wish I was lying."

Six hundred and eighty-three patients were in the hospital with COVID-19 on Wednesday, the state hospital association reported, nearly double what it was two weeks earlier.

More at link

Wisconsin coronavirus hospitalizations worry staff, who fear surge

'I wish they could see how bad things are getting': As Wisconsin hospitals fill up with COVID patients, front-line workers sound the alarm

MADELINE HEIM | USA TODAY NETWORK-WISCONSIN | 1:22 pm CDT October 1, 2020
icon-sms_24.svg
icon-mail_24.svg

One of Paige Schonfelder's recent COVID-19 patients told her she'd done everything right.

The woman had a compromised immune system, so she'd heeded experts' advice to stay home and avoid social gatherings. She must have picked it up at the grocery store, she told Schonfelder.

For weeks, the woman suffered alone at a Fox Valley hospital where Schonfelder works nights as a nurse. She only saw family again in her last few days, as she died.

Yet in Schonfelder's small hometown a few hours northwest of Appleton, restaurants flaunt signs saying they don't require masks. Some people think COVID-19 is overblown, or a hoax. She's a firsthand witness, she tells people there: The threat is real.

"I see it, I deal with it, I was at work overtime. I wish I was lying."

Six hundred and eighty-three patients were in the hospital with COVID-19 on Wednesday, the state hospital association reported, nearly double what it was two weeks earlier. More at link

Minnesotan, next door to Wisconsin no masks. Honestly, I don't understand the lack of mask enforcement. It's actually the same type of behavior in small, especially northern WI towns, re: smoking inside bars.

Why can't VP Pence travel?

Because he could be spreading Covid-19 if he was infected.

Has he not been in “close contact” with known positive covids?

and obviously IMO the Use of testing only as protection Doesn’t really work that well.

Yes, he was right up front at the event for Amy Barrett where so many others were infected. He needs to quarantine for 14 days and test negative then before traveling.

True, China locked down in the early days quite hard, but not for very long, and their citizens have been back to work now for months while other nations languish in shutdowns.

The Chinese are (sometimes) wearing masks, but not a whole lot and now the Chinese government is advocating "revenge travel" to make sure their citizens travel all over, spend money and boost the economy.

Covid is still circling, so it's just downright odd that the Chinese have had such a tiny death toll. This photo was taken Oct 1, at the Great Wall in Beijing.

GettyImages-1228819046.jpg

According to the New York Times, China locked down for 10 weeks.

China Ends Wuhan Lockdown, but Normal Life Is a Distant Dream

Edit: The linked article is about Wuhan’s lockdown. Looking for a link regarding all of China.

Last edited:
RSBM

And then there’s Murphy’s Law.

POTUS isn’t out of the woods just yet. There’ve been cases where people were “turning the corner” and then things went sideways fast.

last thing needed is VP Pence to contract it during this time of uncertainty.

but that’s just MOO

Yes, he was right up front at the event for Amy Barrett where so many others were infected. He needs to quarantine for 14 days and test negative then before traveling.
What if he wears a mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member