Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@maggieNYT

Conley says we are 72 hours into the diagnosis. We were told around 1 am on Friday morning that POTUS was positive, which is only 36 hours ago.

@PaulaReidCBS
Doctor was just asked about this discrepancy & says Thursday night they got PCR clarity......this did not clear this up and this would be a big misstatement. Also hasnt clarified why President would have started 48 hours ago...which would be prior to positive test.

https://twitter.com/GovChristie
@GovChristie

I just received word that I am positive for COVID-19. I want to thank all of my friends and colleagues who have reached out to ask how I was feeling in the last day or two. I will be receiving medical attention today and will keep the necessary folks apprised of my condition.

Christie was in close contact with the President as part of his debate prep team. He said:

"No one was wearing masks in the room when we were prepping the president during that period of time and the group was about five or six people in total," he said.

Here's who had contact with Trump this week before he tested positive for Covid-19

@GovChristie

I just received word that I am positive for COVID-19. I want to thank all of my friends and colleagues who have reached out to ask how I was feeling in the last day or two. I will be receiving medical attention today and will keep the necessary folks apprised of my condition.

Wasn't he preparing with Trump for the debates? But did NOT GO to either the rose garden ceremony nor that 2 day plane trip?. Wasn't that the only exposure? Wasn't he part of the Kelly Anne team?

This will SHOWCASE MOO the importance of contact tracing with our Aussie friends are so familiar with as to EXPONENTIAL growth.. which US has been lacking with?

ETA: Pulled from below JerseyGirl post below...Christie, he not only was at the Rose Garden, he introduced Trump so probably was with him prior?

"He also attended last week’s White House Rose Garden event introducing Trump’s Supreme Court nominee."

Last edited:
Wasn't he preparing with Trump for the debates? But did NOT GO to either the rose garden ceremony nor that 2 day plane trip?. Wasn't that the only exposure? Wasn't he part of the Kelly Anne team?

This will SHOWCASE MOO the importance of contact tracing with our Aussie friends are so familiar with as to EXPONENTIAL growth.. which US has been lacking with?

Earlier in the week, (Sat-Tues) Christie spent time with Trump in preparation of Tuesday’s debate with former Vice President Joe Biden.

He also attended last week’s White House Rose Garden event introducing Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.

GettyImages-1276872495-e1601739929317.jpg

Former NJ Governor Chris Christie Tests Positive for COVID-19

Last edited:
@GovChristie

Keeping Gov Christie in prayers and thoughts.

Trump 'doing very well' and has no difficulty breathing, medical team says

President Trump is “doing very well” and has no difficulty breathing, his medical team said Saturday -- the morning after he was transferred to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

Dr. Sean Dooley said that cardiac, kidney and liver functions are all normal, he is not on oxygen and is not having any difficulty breathing or walking.

He noted that he is exceptionally good spirits and said: “I feel like I could walk out of here today.”

@maggieNYT

Conley says we are 72 hours into the diagnosis. We were told around 1 am on Friday morning that POTUS was positive, which is only 36 hours ago.

@PaulaReidCBS
Doctor was just asked about this discrepancy & says Thursday night they got PCR clarity......this did not clear this up and this would be a big misstatement. Also hasnt clarified why President would have started 48 hours ago...which would be prior to positive test.
If my maths is right that would make the diagnosis about 12 midday Weds 30 September, before Minnesota and New Jersey. Think there must be a mistake there somewhere.

There are sooooooooooooo many teaching moments for this. Will it be taught?

Wear masks outside
Social distance
TEST and CONTACT trace.. you will be surprised at how it spreads.

Perhaps finally the folks who didn't understand this pandemic will now have many educational exposures while following as perhaps they haven't in the past 8 months?

How South Korea and China and Aussieland have kept numbers down.

I'm just dumbfounded.. as to how many are just learning of treatments, wearing masks without having symptoms etc....

It is so so sad if this is what it will take as I think this may now educated folks on what contact tracing and isolation is. And how so important as to preventing exponential growth.

Please let this be THE opportunity for folks who THOUGHT they had a higher education be educated on viruses, pandemics, exponential growth, Rt/s etc.

I had just assumed that folks were in the know as to my surrounding friends and families and here at WS...

Dont you follow the 14 day self isolation rule there if you have had close contact with a person who tested positive?

Maybe different states have different guidelines, I get confused.

It's v clear here in the UK.

Apparently not. The CDC says to quarantine for 14 days if exposed, but it appears that Donald Jr and Mike Pence didn’t get the memo...or are ignoring it and putting others at risk.

JMO

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

I guess I just don’t understand why In October 2020 this (and things like “my mask protects you” and masks don’t replace distancing and testing is a tool not a force field ) isn’t just common knowledge and common sense . *shrug*

But he’s a close contact of positive cases. A mask alone isn’t enough. He should not be around people at all right now.

Here in Australia you must isolate for 14 days if you are a close contact of a positive case, no matter who you are.

Dont you follow the 14 day self isolation rule there if you have had close contact with a person who tested positive?

Maybe different states have different guidelines, I get confused.

It's v clear here in the UK.

I thought that wearing a mask prevents a person from spreading the virus. I guess not very well. JMO

Apparently not. The CDC says to quarantine for 14 days if exposed, but it appears that Donald Jr and Mike Pence didn’t get the memo...or are ignoring it and putting others at risk.

JMO

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
<modsnip> All of them contributing to increasing numbers of deaths, trashing the economy and the knock on effect of delayed heathcare for cancer treatment etc.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that wearing a mask prevents a person from spreading the virus. I guess not very well. JMO

?? Are you being serious or facetious?

Masks are but one of a number of measures aimed at reducing the spread. They work in conjunction with other measures such as social distancing, good hygiene, reduced density indoors for essential needs such as supermarkets, isolating for 14 days if you are a close contact of a known or suspected case, isolating if you are a returned traveler.
That’s like saying “but I thought washing hands worked”. You have to follow all the measures. Doing so greatly reduces community spread. I’m in Melbourne in lockdown. Seven new cases today.

It’s working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member