Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to Pence, it appears from MSM reports to date that all (most) of the folks that are positive were NOTIFIED of their exposure.

That makes me think that Pence and Donald Jr. were not exposed to that person.. who may go nameless FOREVER but the WH may know who it is? There were two or three folks that were expected on the return flight, but last minute did not fly out iirc.

Wouldn’t those who were notified of their exposure at the Rose Garden have had symptoms leading to testing later? Kellyanne Conway did. So if it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to appear, we don’t know yet if Donald Jr and Pence are in the clear, just because their tests are negative. JMO

@maggieNYT

Conley says we are 72 hours into the diagnosis. We were told around 1 am on Friday morning that POTUS was positive, which is only 36 hours ago.

@PaulaReidCBS
Doctor was just asked about this discrepancy & says Thursday night they got PCR clarity......this did not clear this up and this would be a big misstatement. Also hasnt clarified why President would have started 48 hours ago...which would be prior to positive test.

Too much misinformation coming out, that's for sure.
What is the timeline of events/actions for Thursday, Oct 1?

?? Are you being serious or facetious?

Masks are but one of a number of measures aimed at reducing the spread. They work in conjunction with other measures such as social distancing, good hygiene, reduced density indoors for essential needs such as supermarkets, isolating for 14 days if you are a close contact of a known or suspected case, isolating if you are a returned traveler.
That’s like saying “but I thought washing hands worked”. You have to follow all the measures. Doing so greatly reduces community spread. I’m in Melbourne in lockdown. Seven new cases today.

It’s working.

Yeah, but many think it is MOO about distancing with the virus, and taking precautions. They do not take it as a scientific fact even now. To this date.

The issue that the WHO has been touting is how to address this concern and fact to even third world populations. Who it appears may be more understanding of how viruses and pandemics spread vs. other areas?

I calculate there are three (or maybe more) places Trump was exposed and/or could have exposed others:
1) Saturday at the Rose Garden event
2) During debate prep
3) En route to the debate with Hope Hicks

Was there a rally thrown in there somewhere?

Moo, due to timing of 5 days is median for symptoms, and positive symptoms and test were occurring 4-5 days after Rose garden... and who was where and infected.. my thought is that it was at the Rose Garden vs. the debate MOO. So many now positive were ONLY at the Rose Garden, and not involved with the debate. And all are now coming at the same time

Here's who had contact with Trump this week before he tested positive for Covid-19

No words...

Attorney General William Barr is choosing not to quarantine after recently coming in close contact with members of President Donald Trump's inner circle who have tested positive for Covid-19, including former White House counselor Kellyanne Conway.
Attorney General Barr chooses not to quarantine despite possible exposure to Covid-19 - CNNPolitics

I watched him deep in close conversation with Kellyanne Conway for several minutes after the Rose Garden event. At one point she leaned in and whispered something in his ear. We don’t know who the person spreading Covid at this event was. For all we know it could have been Kellyanne. And I’m sure Barr was in close contact with others. This is beyond irresponsible IMO.

Too much misinformation coming out, that's for sure.
What is the timeline of events/actions for Thursday, Oct 1?

The White House confirmed the event went forward even after Trump administration officials learned that one of the president’s closest aides, Hope Hicks, tested positive for COVID-19 — a timeline that has triggered questions about why the president still made the trip.

Hicks had traveled with the president multiple times in recent days, including to the presidential debate in Cleveland on Tuesday and the rally on Wednesday.

Trump held N.J. fundraiser hours before testing positive for COVID-19

These charts show the course a typical coronavirus case follows.

Exposure and incubation
The time between initial exposure to the virus and the appearance of symptoms is known as the incubation period. This period is typically four to five days, although it can last up to 14 days, or perhaps even longer in rare cases.

It remains unclear who infected Mr. Trump, although there are many potential candidates, several of whom gathered with the president during events last weekend and have traveled with him to crowded campaign rallies.
T_0-oeLY

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1312419680615886854

Symptoms and recovery
Most people who come down with Covid recover within a couple weeks and do not require hospitalization. Mr. Trump has reportedly experienced only mild symptoms so far.

Severe cases, however, may take far longer to resolve. And a growing cohort of coronavirus survivors, called long-haulers, has reported symptoms and side effects — including fatigue, impaired memory and heart problems — that can linger for months.

(Refresher) There is more information, NY Times
Charting a Coronavirus Infection

Last edited:
I do remember T stating at his Pressers that he tested once a day and sometimes more. No link but he has said it multiple times.

valid point - Have you seen reference to a timeline from his last negative test to the positive test?

Moo, due to timing of 5 days is median for symptoms, and positive symptoms and test were occurring 4-5 days after Rose garden... and who was where and infected.. my thought is that it was at the Rose Garden vs. the debate MOO. So many now positive were ONLY at the Rose Garden, and not involved with the debate. And all are now coming at the same time

Here's who had contact with Trump this week before he tested positive for Covid-19

I agree. I think the later events may possibly start to show positive tests soon.

Wouldn’t those who were notified of their exposure at the Rose Garden have had symptoms leading to testing later? Kellyanne Conway did. So if it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to appear, we don’t know yet if Donald Jr and Pence are in the clear, just because their tests are negative. JMO

Thank you for your post. I guess for THIS case it doesn't matter if they know who it was as I believe MOO that they know this spreader event happened at the Rose Garden.

It is so clear MOO that this was when it happened.

The White House confirmed the event went forward even after Trump administration officials learned that one of the president’s closest aides, Hope Hicks, tested positive for COVID-19 — a timeline that has triggered questions about why the president still made the trip.
Trump held N.J. fundraiser hours before testing positive for COVID-19

Could Trump be charged???
This is what the criminal codes call "depraved indifference to human life." In New Jersey, where the Bedminster fundraiser was held, a person can be charged with reckless manslaughter when you "recklessly cause the death of another under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to human life," according to the criminal code.

Trump, at the very least, had to suspect that he was dangerous to the health of others after Hicks got sick on Air Force One Wednesday night, and he knew it for sure when she tested positive on Thursday morning. Still, he went to the fundraiser in New Jersey and posed for photographs with his adoring fans and sat down with the $250,000 donors at the so-called roundtable.

When did Trump get the virus — and how soon did he know? It matters

Biden's risk of contracting COVID a 'deep concern' after debate, doctor says

I think this is a deep concern," Gupta told Hoda Kotb and Savannah Guthrie. "What we know now with COVID-19, what we didn't know a few months ago, is that frankly 6 feet may not be enough, especially in an indoor environment that is not well ventilated.

"You can't really ventilate any indoor environment very well, and there was air conditioning, there was some degree of air flow happening, so no one is protected and everybody has to assume that they need to quarantine, that they need to quarantine for the full 14 days."

Biden Should Probably Still Quarantine

A New York State Department of Health covid-19 hotline operator further confirmed to Gizmodo that anyone who’s been within six feet of a person who’s recently tested positive should quarantine and then get retested. While again, it appears that Trump and Biden maintained a six-foot distance, sharing an indoor space increases risk, and an early study showed that the virus was able to spread from diners at opposite ends of a Guangzhou, China restaurant due to air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14