Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that wearing a mask prevents a person from spreading the virus. I guess not very well. JMO

A mask is certainly better than nothing if you have no reason to think you have the virus and are just taking precautions on the off chance that you might be asymptomatic. We do this as a courtesy to those we come in contact with. But if you know you have been exposed, waltzing around with a mask, thinking you are protecting others, is not what the CDC recommends. They say to stay home for 14 days. You can test negative right up to 14 days after exposure and then test positive.

A week ago, more than 100 people gathered in the White House Rose Garden to celebrate President Trump's third nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett. Guests mingled, hugged and kissed on the cheek, most without wearing masks. An indoor reception followed the outdoor ceremony.

Seven days later, at least seven people who attended the ceremony have tested positive for the coronavirus, including the president. Several more of the president's closest aides and advisors have also tested positive.

ap_20276674487766-413e62f8ae34e9024a6790947784bf1707679fe9-s1600-c85.jpg

gettyimages-1276847391-6a8fa9017017a71a6ee8dfc24de8762a31c50408-s1600-c85.jpg

At Least 7 People Test Positive For Coronavirus After Rose Garden Event For Barrett

Last edited:
?? Are you being serious or facetious?

Masks are but one of a number of measures aimed at reducing the spread. They work in conjunction with other measures such as social distancing, good hygiene, reduced density indoors for essential needs such as supermarkets, isolating for 14 days if you are a close contact of a known or suspected case, isolating if you are a returned traveler.
That’s like saying “but I thought washing hands worked”. You have to follow all the measures. Doing so greatly reduces community spread. I’m in Melbourne in lockdown. Seven new cases today.

It’s working.

Yes I'm being serious.

IMO the timeline is waaay off. I want to know when T was last tested. His symptoms appeared too quickly. The people he was around need to know. I could spit nails right now!

I calculate there are three (or maybe more) places Trump was exposed and/or could have exposed others:
1) Saturday at the Rose Garden event
2) During debate prep
3) En route to the debate with Hope Hicks

Was there a rally thrown in there somewhere?

But he’s a close contact of positive cases. A mask alone isn’t enough. He should not be around people at all right now.

Here in Australia you must isolate for 14 days if you are a close contact of a positive case, no matter who you are.

RE close contact with Biden.

I don't believe that they have identified the original person to have done contact tracing through.. oh, but some may know as TWO folks said they were contacted and tested and/or isolated due to IMMEDIATE Wednesday notification to them.

I'm not sure we may EVER KNOW who the spreader was due to HIPAA?

Therefore, many may disagree, but at THIS time, I haven't seen anything to glean that Biden should be isolated as he doesn't fit criteria for such that I have seen. MOO exposure was at Rose Garden / around that time.

IIRC he was 15-20 feet from Biden who only did not wear a mask DURING the debate?

The doc said that Trump test positive 72 hours ago.

A week ago, more than 100 people gathered in the White House Rose Garden to celebrate President Trump's third nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett. Guests mingled, hugged and kissed on the cheek, most without wearing masks. An indoor reception followed the outdoor ceremony.

Seven days later, at least seven people who attended the ceremony have tested positive for the coronavirus, including the president. Several more of the president's closest aides and advisors have also tested positive.

gettyimages-1276847391-6a8fa9017017a71a6ee8dfc24de8762a31c50408-s1600-c85.jpg

At Least 7 People Test Positive For Coronavirus After Rose Garden Event For Barrett

Looking at those pictures of the Rose Garden event, I question the sanity of everyone in attendance. If I had been invited and saw chairs packed together and very few wearing masks I would have left! Since masks do not really protect us completely from getting the virus (they protect those around us in case we are infected and don’t know it), every single person in attendance should stay home for 14 days and be tested, whether they wore a mask or not.
JMO

I calculate there are three (or maybe more) places Trump was exposed and/or could have exposed others:
1) Saturday at the Rose Garden event
2) During debate prep
3) En route to the debate with Hope Hicks

Was there a rally thrown in there somewhere?

Debate - Tuesday
Rally in Wisconsin - Wednesday
Fundraising event in NJ - Thursday
Positive covid - Friday 1:00am (from test on Thursday)

Officials at the White House have known about Ms. Hicks’s likely diagnosis since Wednesday evening, when she traveled with the president aboard Air Force One to Minnesota for a campaign rally in Duluth. One person familiar with the events on Wednesday said that Ms. Hicks began exhibiting minor symptoms around the time of Mr. Trump’s rally, and that she was quarantined on the return flight to Washington and then disembarked from the back entrance of the plane.

Trump Says He’ll Begin ‘Quarantine Process’ After Hope Hicks Tests Positive for Coronavirus

Apparently not. The CDC says to quarantine for 14 days if exposed, but it appears that Donald Jr and Mike Pence didn’t get the memo...or are ignoring it and putting others at risk.

JMO

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

As to Pence, it appears from MSM reports to date that all (most) of the folks that are positive were NOTIFIED of their exposure.(MOO, from Rose Garden event)

That makes me think that Pence and Donald Jr. were not exposed to that person.. who may go nameless FOREVER but the WH may know who it is? There were two or three folks that were expected on the return flight, but last minute did not fly out iirc.

Last edited:

I don’t understand the doctor’s logic. Pence attended the Rose Garden event for Amy Barrett, where a number of people apparently contracted the virus. He doesn’t know who had the virus whom he might have associated with. He very well could have been exposed and contracted the virus. Carrying on with his schedule presents a risk to others.
JMO

I don’t understand the doctor’s logic. Pence attended the Rose Garden event for Amy Barrett, where a number of people apparently contracted the virus. He doesn’t know who had the virus whom he might have associated with. He very well could have been exposed and contracted the virus. Carrying on with his schedule presents a risk to others.
JMO
Yes it is. Pence is literally surrounded by many who have tested positive. Strange. JMO

I thought that wearing a mask prevents a person from spreading the virus. I guess not very well. JMO

So so many educational moments in the future.

No, it does not prevent, it HELPS reduce. Both wearing reduces it even more.

So glad you are here on this thread as so many new folks that are recent! Welcome!

It's a blessing and curse that the president having such is now going to hopefully begin to more educate on what science has been saying for month and months and months.

There are three docs we have been following... here is one re innoculum dose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14