Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems the secret service doesn't agree either:
"That should never have happened," one current Secret Service agent who works on the presidential and first family detail said after Trump's drive-by, adding that those agents who went along for the ride would now be required to quarantine.
Inside Trump's Walter Reed parade - CNNPolitics
Yes, apparently ONE SS agent expressed concern.

But as the article continues:

But another sought to downplay the concern.
"I've watched some of the news today and it's ridiculous to say the President is trying to kill off his detail," said another current agent on Sunday. "He's unconventional, but we get the job done."

In a statement, the White House insisted measures were taken to protect others in the car with Trump.
"Appropriate precautions were taken in the execution of this movement to protect the President and all those supporting it, including (personal protective equipment). The movement was cleared by the medical team as safe to do," deputy press secretary Judd Deere said.

I agree with the President. I'm not afraid of Covid and it doesn't dominate my life.

I respect the dangers of Covid and I take measures to avoid getting it. JMO

It doesn't dominate my life either, but I wear my mask and take care to social distance.

What really bothers me is seeing people shut off from their loved ones and people suffering greatly because they can't pay their rent. I've read that child abuse and the suicide rate have gone exponentially due to the shutdowns.

It doesn't dominate my life either, but I wear my mask and take care to social distance.

What really bothers me is seeing people shut off from their loved ones and people suffering greatly because they can't pay their rent. I've read that child abuse and the suicide rate have gone exponentially due to the shutdowns.

I read that domestic violence is growing too. BRB with a link.

Domestic violence homicides up during the pandemic

Homicides related to domestic violence in Phoenix are up in pandemic

Last edited:
The DC Health Department is responsible for contact tracing and they've reported being behind.
That’s too bad - I wish they could make this a priority as it seems it could be an event where many possibly were infected - I’m impressed with the job NJ has done posted up thread on the fundraising event so we know it can be done
IMO
Eta link and NJ info-BBM
Murphy slammed the federal response, saying that New Jersey "is taking the lead on this, even for folks not from New Jersey." Murphy said state officials got the list of attendees from the Republican National Committee on Friday afternoon, and the state contacted the White House on Friday. He said he heard about Mr. Trump's positive diagnosis when he saw news reports when he woke up on Friday.

Murphy said the attorney general is investigating if the gathering violated the state's COVID-19 restrictions. He said early reports indicate that the event violated rules governing the amount of people allowed to be indoors and also food service rules, since buffets are not allowed.

Murphy wouldn't say specifically what action will be taken if the event was found in violation of the restrictions.

Live updates: Trump doctors clear discharge, but not "out of the woods yet"

Please don't say things like that. Totally unfair.

Just because I don't share the disdain that many here have for President Trump doesn't mean I should be ridiculed.

I'm not trying to mock you. And my post has ZERO to do with you not disdaining the president. I don't care whether anyone loves or hates him.

I am asking serious questions. What do you mean "please don't say things like that'? Say things like ask if you are in line with refusing to wear masks, mocking people for doing so, and not socially distancing while being in close contact with a diverse group of people? Because that would be agreeing with the president. That is the kind of thing he is continually doing and even though he got sick and is able to have a level of care we could only dream of, care that prevented him from getting as ill as he could have otherwise, he's now doubling down.

I agree with not letting it control our lives. And that would be easy to do if everyone followed the necessary safety rules.

But until most do, it has to be a major part of every decision I make, on a daily, even hourly basis.

200,000 have died. Many, many more have been horribly sickened, some with long-term or permanent effects. No one but the elite has access to that level of treatment, so ALL of this matters.

"I've watched some of the news today and it's ridiculous to say the President is trying to kill off his detail," said another current agent on Sunday. "He's unconventional, but we get the job done."

In a statement, the White House insisted measures were taken to protect others in the car with Trump.
"Appropriate precautions were taken in the execution of this movement to protect the President and all those supporting it, including (personal protective equipment). The movement was cleared by the medical team as safe to do," deputy press secretary Judd Deere said.

That's good to know. But when our leader is saying something and doing something very different in most every other way, that risks life, that's a problem.

Hey Ranch!

Thanks for the question and an opportunity for education as to stock prices. e.g. Regeneron which really was increasing today as Trump had such disclosed that he received AFTER the stock markets closed on Friday. The drug Regerneron has associated with it a place in NASDAQ, which is a stock exchange in the United States.

The OP was talking about the Securities and Exchange Commission. (Well, it's NASDAQ in this case, so I correct my self)

It's what folks invest in, most in the US have in their retirement funds a stock market bundle of many stocks... some are targeted to a few.

Anyhoo, all the securities exchanges have oversight boards in strong movemements based on something that is out of the ordinary. Especially if they think that someone might have a holding in such/interest in such or their friends do as that sometimes catches the oversight folks if some may know ahead of time and do what is called "insider trading". In other words, they knew what was coming, and purchased prior to it going up. And sometimes they are interested in folks who do what is called illegal influencing (not correct term, not taking time to go into right now)

In the United States, there is such sometimes.

As OP posted... "may be interested"/without accusation for strong stock movement. It was just a comment by the OP (MOO) that the stock sure did move today with Trump's claim, and the OP said they "may be interested"

HTH as to understanding as to your query of "Interested in what?" So many do not understand, and is a great moment to share the answer with others also!

I immediately started researching the drug and the company, posted it here.

I was impressed and not because of the president but my own research feel this will have a huge impact on treating Covid. They have an outstanding reputation and have other great successful therapies.

I did buy stock. Over 30 years ago I took a chance on a little company called Burroughs Wellcome in NC, my bosses wife worked there. They had a break thru with AZT for HIV. Paid for our daughter college.

The press release in the article refrences the SEC.

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals: Delivering Life-transforming Medicines

REGN-COV2's development and manufacturing has been funded in part with federal funds from the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under OT number: HHSO100201700020C. Regeneron has recently partnered with Roche to increase the global supply of REGN-COV2. If REGN-COV2 proves safe and effective in clinical trials and regulatory approvals are granted, Regeneron will manufacture and distribute it in the U.S. and Roche will develop, manufacture and distribute it outside the U.S.

snipped..... They have filed with the SEC.

A more complete description of these and other material risks can be found in Regeneron's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Form 10-Q for the quarterly period ended June 30, 202

I'm not trying to mock you. And my post has ZERO to do with you not disdaining the president. I don't care whether anyone loves or hates him.

I am asking serious questions. What do you mean "please don't say things like that'? Say things like ask if you are in line with refusing to wear masks, mocking people for doing so, and not socially distancing while being in close contact with a diverse group of people? Because that would be agreeing with the president. That is the kind of thing he is continually doing and even though he got sick and is able to have a level of care we could only dream of, care that prevented him from getting as ill as he could have otherwise, he's now doubling down.

I agree with not letting it control our lives. And that would be easy to do if everyone followed the necessary safety rules.

But until most do, it has to be a major part of every decision I make, on a daily, even hourly basis.

200,000 have died. Many, many more have been horribly sickened, some with long-term or permanent effects. No one but the elite has access to that level of treatment, so ALL of this matters.

What do you think I meant when I said that I respect the dangers of Covid and take measures to avoid getting it?

As you like to say its really not that hard to figure out.

Justice Scalia's Son Apologizes To His Parish For Not Wearing Mask At White House

Justice Scalia's Son Apologizes To His Parish For Not Wearing Mask At White House

"A son of the late Justice Antonin Scalia apologized to his parish Sunday for attending a White House ceremony without wearing a mask.

The Rev. Paul Scalia of the St. James Catholic Church in suburban Virginia said he attended the Rose Garden ceremony where President Trump named Judge Amy Coney Barrett as his next pick for the Supreme Court. Barrett clerked for the elder Scalia and remains a friend of the family."

He attended with his brother Eugene and his mother. They were given rapid tests and told they could remove their masks. He also said the three of them have tested negative so far.
As I thought. They were all tested. So what about the accuracy of these tests?

I don't fear the virus and it doesn't dominate my life no matter what the President say's or does.

I've come to that conclusion on my own. I just happen to agree with the statements that the President has made.

We do not know if there are long term complications from the virus, which is certain possible. Maybe it will dominate his life.

Unfortunately, those that never wanted to take notice, now have carte blanche to carry on being selfish and ignorant to the needs of society, because of the president’s words and actions.

The warmest of hugs being sent across the pond to all those who want one right now. We are all weathering this horrible storm together.

BBM - And his latest words and actions remind me of that quote someone posted recently: "We may all be in the same storm . . . but we're not in the same boat." Never more obvious than right now.

I heard two former secret service agents today on both tv interviews and radio who both expressed the same thing, they downplayed the concern. And they identified themselves, they didn't try to be unnamed sources.

Trump says he'll leave Walter Reed tonight

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!
Well that is great news. Everyone must be very happy about this. I see he has tweeted at least 20 times today so I hope his improvement continues.

As I thought. They were all tested. So what about the accuracy of these tests?
I'll rehash a post from Saturday with links, basically the tests aren't going to pick up contagious people before symptoms develop:

We also know from our large post-authorization study that ID NOW demonstrates performance of 95% sensitivity and 98% specificity in people within 7 days post symptom onset.

Abbott Statement on First Family COVID-19 Diagnosis

--------​

We know that a person with COVID-19 may be contagious 48 to 72 hours before starting to experience symptoms. Emerging research suggests that people may actually be most likely to spread the virus to others during the 48 hours before they start to experience symptoms.

If you've been exposed to the coronavirus - Harvard Health

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members