Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a quick perusal on the search term for "withdrawn" studies. Of course many hydroxycloroquine ones.

Thanks, I've bookmarked in case someone I know gets it so that I can click on that one page and go to the map part and know IMMEDIATELY what hospitals are doing certain trials in my area.

Until I did that, I didn't realize (I guess I should have) is that many trials are hospital specific. Some insurance companies' policy coverage allow you to go to multiple ones (as opposed to ObamaCare folks, who usually are very restricted on which ones they are covered in network)

MOO GREAT LINK for all of us to keep and share.

ETA: I see actively recruiting for Regeneron trials also. But, would hate to be the one getting the placebo... :(:(:( as that would really be bad... MOO

What is this link? The posts are messing up for me. Can you provide it again? Thanks!

Unfortunately, a prediction I made on March 2nd as it would eventually be endemic like the flu, is something I still consider as I don't see how this can be wiped out like polio at this time. We'll see how long the neutralizing antibodies last.. but if it's like other coronaviruses the B cell immunity isn't too long lasting as @CharlestonGal has pointed out, and T cell inate just won't cut it.

MOO

Can you explain more or provide a link explaining why T cell won't cut it? Someone was saying today they were counting on that and I was thinking I'd heard it was not likely.

Man claims family caught COVID-19 at Sanford church, calls on pastor to apologize

“A Sanford man says his family was diagnosed with COVID-19 shortly after his daughter attended Bible school at the Calvary Baptist Church.”

“Vance believes his family contracted the virus from Vacation Bible School that Elly attended with friends at Sanford’s Calvary Baptist Church. Up until then, he said, they had been isolating.”

Virus that causes Covid-19 can survive up to 28 days on surfaces, scientists find

Australian scientists have found that the virus that causes Covid-19 can survive for up to 28 days on surfaces such as the glass on mobile phones, stainless steel, vinyl and paper banknotes.

This is really troubling news.

From your link:

"What we found was that even after two weeks, there was still plenty of live, infectious virus there which could potentially infect someone," Professor Drew said.

Debbie Eagles, deputy director of the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness, said the findings were surprising.
"It seems that it lasts longer than other viruses such as influenza, which only lasts a few days, or even other coronaviruses," she said.

The scientists also tested the effect of temperature and found the colder it was, the longer the virus survived on a surface.
"We found temperature has a very profound effect on the virus, so if you reduced the temperature to around 6 degrees Celsius (43F), you could extend the life 10-fold," Professor Drew said.

Man claims family caught COVID-19 at Sanford church, calls on pastor to apologize

“A Sanford man says his family was diagnosed with COVID-19 shortly after his daughter attended Bible school at the Calvary Baptist Church.”

“Vance believes his family contracted the virus from Vacation Bible School that Elly attended with friends at Sanford’s Calvary Baptist Church. Up until then, he said, they had been isolating.”

I don't know. It seems to me like he's placing the blame on the pastor and none on himself? It says his family had been isolating until that time. They knew the risks. I know that anytime we go anywhere we are taking a risk we will catch something.

Or did I miss that the pastor knowingly allowed people there who were testing positive or something? I feel like there must be some back story I'm missing. Or is the pastor supposed to be apologizing for having VBS at all and that he brought his child voluntarily?

I know someone here on thread was asking where T is going to land for his first Florida rallyo since his positive testing, and hospitalization.

I personally know that folks in the southern part of the state and here in the Northern part were somewhat relieved that the events were not in our/their locations. Central Florida-- at the smaller airport in Sanford is a good location, in my view. Safer and more spread out than other airports or locations....
Trump's 1st Rally Since COVID-19 Diagnosis to Be in Central Florida

I know someone here on thread was asking where T is going to land for his first Florida rallyo since his positive testing, and hospitalization.

I personally know that folks in the southern part of the state and here in the Northern part were somewhat relieved that the events were not in our/their locations. Central Florida-- at the smaller airport in Sanford is a good location, in my view. Safer and more spread out than other airports or locations....
Trump's 1st Rally Since COVID-19 Diagnosis to Be in Central Florida

This is quite concerning. Florida is already predicted to be a hot mess of coronavirus in 8 weeks or so (from a link I posted earlier). So now there is going to be an event that is potentially a crowded super spreader?

Perhaps we can anticipate that hot mess of covid to occur somewhat sooner.

IMO

This is quite concerning. Florida is already predicted to be a hot mess of coronavirus in 8 weeks or so (from a link I posted earlier). So now there is going to be an event that is potentially a crowded super spreader?

Perhaps we can anticipate that hot mess of covid to occur somewhat sooner.

IMO
FL lost interest in the pandemic and moved on months ago. Now Dan Mullen wants 90,000 fans to be allowed to attend the game against LSU on Oct 17.

Florida's Dan Mullen wants 90,000 fans in The Swamp following loss at Texas A&M

Go to church (events) = you increase your Risk of catching the virus. October 2020. Eight months into The Pandemic. This isn’t brain surgery :mad:

(eta- oh the Maine wedding guy. Haven’t checked up on that lately)

I don't know. It seems to me like he's placing the blame on the pastor and none on himself? It says his family had been isolating until that time. They knew the risks. I know that anytime we go anywhere we are taking a risk we will catch something.

Or did I miss that the pastor knowingly allowed people there who were testing positive or something? I feel like there must be some back story I'm missing. Or is the pastor supposed to be apologizing for having VBS at all and that he brought his child voluntarily?

How many tragedies start with, "Up until then...."?

York County Shelter Services cut ties with Sanford church not following CDC guidelines

The preacher and the outbreak

“Despite the CDC’s warning that anyone who attended services from Aug. 9-23 or attended the church’s Vacation Bible School from Aug. 10-14 was potentially exposed to the virus, Bell welcomed his unmasked constituents. “

JMO - I think in these times you need to do your own analysis/research before attending such events. This particular pastor’s stance on non mask wearing and encouragement of indoor close encounters for attendees does not appear to be a secret.

Can you explain more or provide a link explaining why T cell won't cut it? Someone was saying today they were counting on that and I was thinking I'd heard it was not likely.

@beatrixpotter, I'm just awful at explaining, could never be a teacher lol. Let me try and then perhaps view the video at 4 min through 11 minutes (and further re mask info as to talking about reduction of viral loads may = milder infections as that is also talked about after 11 minutes).

Anyways... MANY studies have shown that there is already inate immunity in T cells for SARS C0V2 virus. Studies have in some places shown that up to 50-60% of some folks' blood have had crossover T cell reactivity prior to any exposure to COVID-19. (In both unexposed folks now, and from blood samples tested by Grifoni et al) It could be the reason for asymptomatics (or could be lower infection dosages... still being studied).

If folks do have inate T cell, they may still GET the disease and spread widely (without even knowing they are sick and staying at home) to those folks who never have gotten the disease/future vaccine, and don't have the inate T cell immunity nor B cell antibodies = endemic.

A better case scenario is if they had long term circulating antibodies from B cells that ZAPPED the virus prior to causing disease and asymptomatic spread.

Much more research needed as to viral loads of asymptomatics is needed.

Told ya I can't explain and not a teacher lol and what's in my mind doesn't transfer well. Others can input and change my current all MOO here.

Here is Dr. Seheult speaking to from 4-11 minutes in this video with all the links to studies.

Last edited:
Oh no! :eek:

No more kissing my newish mobile phone because I love it. :D:

No jokes though, this is awfully scary. Do we need to wipe down our phones. I do on the phone wallet but would be worried about how to do the actual screen safely.

Australian scientists have found that the virus that causes Covid-19 can survive for up to 28 days on surfaces such as the glass on mobile phones, stainless steel, vinyl and paper banknotes.

Last edited:
Search of: Covid19 - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov

The far left side has filters, then you can click on the tab at the top to drill down for a map to click through to get the sites in your area of the world!

Interesting. The first one that comes up in my state is a study using "nasal lavage" with either betadine or baking soda. I read something the other day about a study where people gargled with iodine water 4 times a day after diagnosis.

@beatrixpotter, I'm just awful at explaining, could never be a teacher lol. Let me try and then perhaps view the video at 4 min through 11 minutes (and further re mask info as to talking about reduction of viral loads may = milder infections as that is also talked about after 11 minutes).

Anyways... MANY studies have shown that there is already inate immunity in T cells for SARS C0V2 virus. Studies have in some places shown that up to 50-60% of some folks' blood have had crossover T cell reactivity prior to any exposure to COVID-19. (In both unexposed folks now, and from blood samples tested by Grifoni et al) It could be the reason for asymptomatics (or could be lower infection dosages... still being studied).

If folks do have inate T cell, they may still GET the disease and spread widely (without even knowing they are sick and staying at home) to those folks who never have gotten the disease, and don't have the inate T cell immunity nor B cell antibodies = endemic.

A better case scenario is if they had long term circulating antibodies from B cells that ZAPPED the virus prior to causing disease and asymptomatic spread.

Much more research needed as to viral loads of asymptomatics is needed.

Told ya I can't explain and not a teacher lol and what's in my mind doesn't transfer well. Others can input and change my current all MOO here.

Here is Dr. Seheult speaking to from 4-11 minutes in this video with all the links to studies.

Thank you for providing a link! I've watched some of his videos but not in a while. I'll definitely watch this and hope I can wrap my head around.

Last edited:
Oh no! :eek:

No more kissing my newish mobile phone because I love it. :D:

No jokes though, this is awfully scary. Do we need to wipe down our phones. I do on the phone wallet but would be worried about how to do the actual screen safely.

Hey Toots does that mean the person on the other end could catch it? :D We’ll all have to wear masks to speak on our cells. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth