Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! :eek:

No more kissing my newish mobile phone because I love it. :D:

No jokes though, this is awfully scary. Do we need to wipe down our phones. I do on the phone wallet but would be worried about how to do the actual screen safely.

In the U.S., we were advised to wipe down our cell phones regularly and Apple and Samsung came out with statements about what to use to disinfect their phones, etc. I will see if I can find a link, it was way back in March, if I remember correctly. I have been wiping down my cell phone ever since, if I go leave the house for any reason and take my phone with me.

I don't know. It seems to me like he's placing the blame on the pastor and none on himself? It says his family had been isolating until that time. They knew the risks. I know that anytime we go anywhere we are taking a risk we will catch something.

Or did I miss that the pastor knowingly allowed people there who were testing positive or something? I feel like there must be some back story I'm missing. Or is the pastor supposed to be apologizing for having VBS at all and that he brought his child voluntarily?

I can see it both ways - need facts. Is this one of the pastors who extolled their cleaning methods of surfaces and told people it was safe? (When we know that's not a guarantee of safety - at all).

Or was the pastor simply welcoming and following locally approved rules?

Lots of territory in between, as well.

It would be interesting if "role models" found themselves liable for CoVId - at least until a jury could try the civil facts.

I can see it both ways - need facts. Is this one of the pastors who extolled their cleaning methods of surfaces and told people it was safe? (When we know that's not a guarantee of safety - at all).

Or was the pastor simply welcoming and following locally approved rules?

Lots of territory in between, as well.

It would be interesting if "role models" found themselves liable for CoVId - at least until a jury could try the civil facts.
No, he's anti-masker covid denier that caused Maine's largest outbreak by conducting a maskless wedding, then went on to infect his no mask required church.

No, he's anti-masker covid denier that caused Maine's largest outbreak by conducting a maskless wedding, then went on to infect his no mask required church.

Well, then I say that any person harmed by his meetings should get a chance in court. Seems like there's plenty of tort to get it started.

Torts, not tortes. ;)

I don't know. It seems to me like he's placing the blame on the pastor and none on himself? It says his family had been isolating until that time. They knew the risks. I know that anytime we go anywhere we are taking a risk we will catch something.

Or did I miss that the pastor knowingly allowed people there who were testing positive or something? I feel like there must be some back story I'm missing. Or is the pastor supposed to be apologizing for having VBS at all and that he brought his child voluntarily?

Are you sure they knew the risks? It seems to me I spend a lot of time every day communicating with people who are astonished that they "hadn't heard" or "didn't know" anything about this, except what their parents said or their pastor said or their boss said.

I know an entire workplace where the boss has convinced everyone it's not transmissible because they are mostly outside (this is a moving company - they are also inside a lot and yes, some have tested positive - something the boss has banned mention of).

At any rate, anyone giving others a false sense of safety and encouraging people not to wear masks should be subject to some kind of sanction - maybe not a lawsuit, maybe just be on some internet page of shame.

The WHO is suggesting that world leaders stop using lockdowns as the primary control method.

Key phrase: "primary control method".

The primary control method ought to be - wear masks, maintain social distancing, avoid crowds, wash your hands. Some world leaders are not using this primary control method, which then makes lock downs necessary in order manage the outcome.

As well, WHO is advocating that countries must put widespread testing and contact tracing into place, so they can gain control of the virus.

But Tedros had urged countries to bolster other measures, including widespread testing and contact tracing, so they could safely reopen and avoid future lockdowns.
“We need to reach a sustainable situation where we have adequate control of this virus without shutting down our lives entirely, or lurching from lockdown to lockdown — which has a hugely detrimental impact on societies,” he said.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/11/who-warns-against-covid-19-lockdowns-due-to-economic-damage/

Well, he also said this, which I assume he said in jest, so I’ll wait for the doctors to say he’s immune...:D

“I’m back because I am a perfect physical specimen and I’m extremely young. And so I’m lucky in that way,” he said on Fox Business Thursday.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/08/trump-i-beat-covid-19-because-im-a-perfect-physical-specimen/

"Twitter has slapped a warning on a post by US president Donald Trump, because he's claimed he's immune to COVID 19."

xx2.JPG

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10...-news-covid-19-latest-daniel-andrews/12752826

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Well, Arizona's case numbers have been rising again ... and their governor has apparently been expecting it. He would like everyone to wear masks and stay socially distanced, to mitigate the damage. It is no wonder some people are trying to get others to properly comply.
I have read that places are losing their liquor licenses for non-compliance.

However, the Arizona Department of Health Services reported 3,685 new COVID-19 cases from Sunday to Friday, a 25% increase over the same time period the previous week.
The number of Arizona COVID-19 cases needing ICU treatment also has been edging higher.
“If we continue to do the mitigation steps — wearing a mask, being socially distanced, washing our hands — we should be able to navigate through this,” Ducey said.

Gov. Ducey says bump in Arizona COVID-19 numbers isn't unexpected

Last edited by a moderator:
Cambodian farmers deploy scarecrows to ward off virus

Armed with a stick, a floral-shirted scarecrow with a plastic pot for a head stands guard in front of a rural Cambodian home -- a sentry erected by superstitious farmers to ward off the coronavirus.

Known as "Ting Mong" in Khmer, the creatively rendered scarecrows often pop up in villages that have been hard-hit by infectious diseases like dengue or water-borne diarrhoea.

Cambodian farmers deploy scarecrows to ward off virus

Armed with a stick, a floral-shirted scarecrow with a plastic pot for a head stands guard in front of a rural Cambodian home -- a sentry erected by superstitious farmers to ward off the coronavirus.

Known as "Ting Mong" in Khmer, the creatively rendered scarecrows often pop up in villages that have been hard-hit by infectious diseases like dengue or water-borne diarrhoea.

That scarecrow won an award because he was OUTSTANDING in his field.

UK

13m ago11:22

Nightingale hospitals in Manchester, Sunderland and Harrogate on standby to take patients
Powis says hospitals are better placed to treat Covid patients than in the spring.

But new measures are being introduced.

First, there will be regular testing for NHS staff in high-risk areas - even if they do not have symptoms.

Second, the NHS is putting the Nightingale hospitals in Manchester, Sunderland and Harrogate on standby to open for patients.

UK coronavirus live: Nightingale hospitals in Manchester, Sunderland and Harrogate on standby to take patients

UK

13m ago11:22

Nightingale hospitals in Manchester, Sunderland and Harrogate on standby to take patients
Powis says hospitals are better placed to treat Covid patients than in the spring.

But new measures are being introduced.

First, there will be regular testing for NHS staff in high-risk areas - even if they do not have symptoms.

Second, the NHS is putting the Nightingale hospitals in Manchester, Sunderland and Harrogate on standby to open for patients.

UK coronavirus live: Nightingale hospitals in Manchester, Sunderland and Harrogate on standby to take patients

Oh, I wish I could find the link... but it wasn't the title of one of his videos and he has way too many....

Dr. Campbell during one of his videos was reminiscing about the old days when he was a young nurse. He worked in a Nightingale Ward, which was named after Florence Nightingale. Did you know that she was instrumental in hospital designs? In a 22-month span between late 1854 and early 1856, Florence Nightingale oversaw a revolutionary overhaul of the British military health care system. The wards were what I would vision as a long army barrack, with windows on both sides and beds lining both sides but far apart. Perhaps you have seen them in the movies?

Dr. Campbell said first thing everyday would be to do some chores, feed the patients, etc. And then open all the windows on both sides to let the air turnover while they took their morning coffee. Afterwards, with the fresh air circulating and exchange, they would close the windows and only then change the dressings on wounds.

He spoke to the current designs of hospitals without recirculating fresh air and how it's contributed to noscomial/hospital acquired infections. In that video IIRC he said 17% of COVID patients were noscomial at one point in the outbreak. (Heck, that doesn't include the high number of staff at some)

Anyway, a good read here about Florence and hospital design. King's Collections : Online Exhibitions : Florence Nightingale and hospital design

Wow ... it looks like the case numbers are really surging right now. So sorry to see this.

Our MSM is saying that the UK is at 'tipping point'. And that millions of UK people are anxiously waiting for word of mitigating restrictions today.

Deputy chief medical officer, Professor Jonathan Van-Tam .... “But we can prevent history repeating itself if we all act now,” he said. “Now we know where it is and how to tackle it — let’s grasp this opportunity and prevent history from repeating itself.”

Without quick action, there are fears that UK hospitals will be overwhelmed in the coming weeks at a time of year when they are already at their busiest with winter-related afflictions like the flu.
UK at 'tipping point:' England braces for more restrictions

Last edited:
I can't even imagine what could be more catastrophic for Florida than plague-like illness and 15,363 deaths within 7 months.

I looked over Florida's "Plan for Recovery" and am completely gob-smacked. It throws mud in the face of Reason. It's spineless, ineffective and passes the responsibility onto people who can't possibly make the changes necessary to keep themselves, their employees and community safe.

There is no doubt in my mind that the people of Florida have been put in danger by their leadership. If it was done in order to keep money flowing, then I believe they will lose that too.

Plan for Florida’s Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member