Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm sitting here at my computer crying and praying. My son is in the ER with Afib and I can't go in and see him because of Covid. My grandkids are home worrying and I can't be with them because of Covid. I hate this. Please pray.
I'm so sorry. You, your son and your grandkids are in my prayers Tillicum.

Thank you!

I sure hope choirs survive. DH and I sing in two groups, a community chorus and a church choir. We may be old and high risk for Covid but we're not ready to give up choral singing forever! Both groups are doing Zoom rehearsals, which are not at all satisfying compared to regular ones.

Our church choir has been having recording sessions in a parking deck. We spread out and are under a roof so that helps acoustically. And we sing wearing masks. The choir recordings (made with phones) are added to the recorded worship services aired on Sunday morning for online viewing.

We are thinking ahead to cold weather and hope to be able to move the recording sessions into the large church sanctuary. We would spread out and wear our masks, of course. Our choir is usually 18-24 people, so not huge. That would be great because we could have organ, piano, or other accompaniment.

That parking deck work-around is brilliant.

But I also think of Greek amphitheaters, which had no roofs, but good acoustics in the round. With a little creative lighting (lots of lighting people want work with choirs right now), it could be a whole new level.

‘What are we so afraid of?’: He called the virus a hoax before he contracted and spread it. This is his story. — The Washington Post

“When President Trump got sick, I had this moment of deja vu back to when I first woke up in the hospital. I know what it’s like to be humiliated by this virus. I used to call it the “scamdemic.” I thought it was an overblown media hoax. I made fun of people for wearing masks. I went all the way down the rabbit hole and fell hard on my own sword, so if you want to hate me or blame me, that’s fine. I’m doing plenty of that myself.”

14 in Texas family test positive for coronavirus after small gathering, 1 dies

Giro d'Italia
The Giro is the world's second largest/well-known bike race, just behind the Tour de France. Dates this year are Oct 3 - 25. One of the competitors, Simon Yates, on Friday tested positive for COVID-19. Teams had been sequestered in a bubble, with no contact with family and friends. It is not known how Yates contracted the virus, but it must have been connected to the race or race accommodations. Yates withdrew after stage 7. The race is continuing.

Aside from possible race contact, the virus spread could be far-reaching, as each team generally has a manager, doctor, masseuse, nutritionist, mechanics, drivers. And, of course, Yates possibly spread coronavirus before his diagnosis. Teams are international.

Two hundred eighteen (218) riders started the Giro. Super spreader? The next few days will tell.

Giro d'Italia 2020 - 'No one knows how he got Covid' - Matt White on shock Simon Yates news

Last edited:
<RSBM>

ETA: And he emphasizes there is no longer community transmission in China (54 cases is most recent, all were imported) and life is back to normal (no link, my family member has done remote learning to Chinese students in Wuhan etc... she agrees all her students normal living now)

I see in this article that China has locked down a hospital, an emergency dept in a different hospital, and buildings where three people live - to immediately jump on the infections.

They sure act swiftly and decisively.

Mainland China reports 21 new COVID-19 cases vs 15 a day earlier

Last edited:
I see in this article that China has locked down a hospital, an emergency dept in a different hospital, and buildings where three people live - to immediately jump on the infections.

They sure act swiftly and decisively.

Mainland China reports 21 new COVID-19 cases vs 15 a day earlier[/user]

Whoa! What they are doing when they get a positive now. They are doing phylogenic nucleic acid testing to determine and verify the tracing. SMH these guys are really doubling down on testing and tracing and isolating and focusing on specific areas so the rest can live their lives (with mitigations in place for all).

From your link

On Sunday, the city of Qingdao in eastern Shandong province reported three new asymptomatic cases, linked by experts to the Qingdao Chest Hospital, part of which is designated to receive imported infections, municipal officials said in a statement.

Qingdao has locked down that hospital as well as the emergency department of its central hospital, and the buildings where the three infected people live. It has also launched nucleic acid testing to identify their contacts, it said.

ETA: graphics of strains and the mutations to trace are at the nextstrain.org site --> auspice

Last edited:
Whoa! What they are doing when they get a positive now. They are doing phylogenic nucleic acid testing to determine and verify the tracing. SMH these guys are really doubling down on testing and tracing and isolating and focusing on specific areas so the rest can live their lives (with mitigations in place for all).

From your link

On Sunday, the city of Qingdao in eastern Shandong province reported three new asymptomatic cases, linked by experts to the Qingdao Chest Hospital, part of which is designated to receive imported infections, municipal officials said in a statement.

Qingdao has locked down that hospital as well as the emergency department of its central hospital, and the buildings where the three infected people live. It has also launched nucleic acid testing to identify their contacts, it said.

ETA: graphics of strains and the mutations to trace are at the nextstrain.org site --> auspice

They must sit back in wonderment at how others are handling suppression of this virus.
They couldn't possibly have known that much of the world would be so bad at that.
At least they are going to help vaccinate the world, once a good vaccine is ready.

I think it is likely that if they could have kept the virus in their own country, kept it quiet and suppressed it the way that they have, they might have done that, as opposed to bearing the embarassment of what has happened.

IMO

They must sit back in wonderment at how others are handling suppression of this virus.
They couldn't possibly have known that much of the world would be so bad at that.
At least they are going to help vaccinate the world, once a good vaccine is ready.

I think it is likely that if they could have kept the virus in their own country, kept it quiet and suppressed it the way that they have, they might have done that, as opposed to bearing the embarassment of what has happened.

IMO

I just did something that I've only done once before. I went back to Thread #1 Coronavirus Global Health Emergency, 2019-nCoV and started at the last post (which was on January 31st) and read upstream. VERY VERY interesting as so many were asking the right questions and were projecting what was to come - even prior to many in the US. And how back then they did a lock down in January of 50 million people.

Lots of darn smart folks here for sure!

For those that would be interested, I highly recommend looking back as I sometimes do on a case that has had so many developments.

Shout out to all that were here and still are.. and missing those no longer with us following. Miss them. And gratitude to @Amonet who started these threads.

ETA: Sure do appreciate the screenshots of data from way back then as no way to recapture what was happening as to numbers etc from then. Note to self, attach screen shots of current projections now and compare in January 2021.

ETA#2: Mentions in that thread of Elmhust hospital in NYC... and potential oil prices... prescient.

Last edited:
I just did something that I've only done once before. I went back to Thread #1 Coronavirus Global Health Emergency, 2019-nCoV and started at the last post (which was on January 31st) and read upstream. VERY VERY interesting as so many were asking the right questions and were projecting what was to come - even prior to many in the US. And how back then they did a lock down in January of 50 million people.

For those that would be interested, I highly recommend looking back as I sometimes do on a case that has had so many developments.

Shout out to all that were here and still are.. and missing those no longer with us following. Miss them. And gratitude to @Amonet who started these threads.

ETA: Sure do appreciate the screenshots of data from way back then as no way to recapture what was happening as to numbers etc from then. Note to self, attach screen shots of current projections now and compare in January 2021.

ETA#2: Mentions in that thread of Elmhust hospital in NYC... and potential oil prices... prescient.

Post #6 is an article of the first case in Washington, of a man who contacted CoVid after travelling to Wuhan. It was believed that he was the first case in the US and many believed that he was the source of the spread. It wasn't until fairly recently that further research into the DNA of the virus, showed that he didn't spread it, but it was contained at that time, and the virus came into the country through a different source.

That research was posted here a couple of weeks ago, but I'll hunt it up again and post the link. In the meantime, here's a MSM link about it.
How did COVID-19 actually spread through North America? New study says the early cases in Washington state were not the culprit

Mike Pence hold mask optional rally at The Villages, FL:

The mask-optional campaign rally in America’s largest retirement village – home to some 120,000 over 55s – risked becoming a “superspreader” event among the country’s most vulnerable.

Mike Pence holds packed mask-optional rally in Florida retirement village - Report Door

I find interesting the party line messages that were given in the link you posted. Without further ado, and stands for itself....

... thinking better of quoting... as this thread has been so refreshing these days re COVID focus as you have done.... ;);)

Post #6 is an article of the first case in Washington, of a man who contacted CoVid after travelling to Wuhan. It was believed that he was the first case in the US and many believed that he was the source of the spread. It wasn't until fairly recently that further research into the DNA of the virus, showed that he didn't spread it, but it was contained at that time, and the virus came into the country through a different source.

That research was posted here a couple of weeks ago, but I'll hunt it up again and post the link. In the meantime, here's a MSM link about it.
How did COVID-19 actually spread through North America? New study says the early cases in Washington state were not the culprit

You may be able to find the info from 3-4? months ago somewhere if you look as iirc it was waaaaaaaaaay back re that case. We discussed such on the threads at that time MOO. Nextstrain and others iirc broke that. And the reason so many here followed them wayyyyy back.

I'm out to garden! Fall is here!

@musicaljoke, isn't that first thread here Coronavirus Global Health Emergency, 2019-nCoV amazing to read now? I was floored this am.

So many things that have been brought up in the threads are now only hitting MSM, e.g. @Amonet posting in June re Neanderthal connection that someone here posted two days ago as MSM is reporting (headline stuff.. but I'll refrain from comment) Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #63

I've always said, this thread is / perhaps was? often more than not perhaps 3 months ahead of MSM. And at that time, we focused on the original peer reviewed scientific data! (like with a court case, some here prefer/demand/want the evidence not the MSM interpretation on so many cases)

Especially MOO vs. MSM regurgitation WITHOUT understanding and drilling down of news that is 3-4 months old. (e.g. the Neanderthal research which I went into in above posts yesterday)

MOO

Last edited:

It’s so sad now to think back at what we knew then. We literally watched the virus spread out of China. I remember thinking in early February, why are people having super bowl parties?!? Why is the US downplaying the virus!?!

Mike Pence hold mask optional rally at The Villages, FL:

The mask-optional campaign rally in America’s largest retirement village – home to some 120,000 over 55s – risked becoming a “superspreader” event among the country’s most vulnerable.

Mike Pence holds packed mask-optional rally in Florida retirement village - Report Door
From your link...

The Trump campaign had obviously anticipated the possibility, forcing attendees to sign a waiver of liability should they later contract the virus.

From your link...

The Trump campaign had obviously anticipated the possibility, forcing attendees to sign a waiver of liability should they later contract the virus.

Great, everyone share a pen. I know a lot of folks who live in The Villages, I seriously wonder how many people will show up. They were fairly cavalier about Covid, but losing friends, to Coronavirus has been a sobering experience for people.

IMO
Realistically, with this kind of highly contagious, more or less airborne, virus it is no longer possible for any country to detect, identify, and contain something like this before it travels the world. 100 years ago maybe, but we are too globally interconnected now. Millions of passengers are in-flight to destinations all over the world every single day. And millions had traveled from China before anyone knew about the existence of CoVid.

It would have traveled the world no matter where it initially emerged. Which is why most nations have pandemic response plans. Once it infects the hive, the entire hive is at-risk and must respond, quickly and cooperatively. And that is exactly what did not happen. With the exception of a few nations that did have good plans and acted on them decisively, the entire hive is now infected.

This kind of thing is going to continue to happen periodically, and can emerge from any point on the globe. Spanish Flu started in Kansas, USA of all places. When the next outbreak happens, hopefully we will do a better job, globally, and use the experience we've gained having experienced this one. IMO

From your link...

Heh. Good luck with that. Those waivers are generally unenforceable legally. All they are good for is convincing people who don't know any better that they have forfeited the right to sue you, which is completely false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CosmicWheels