Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's been discussed already,
I just have to express how angry (using a nice word here) I am right now after seeing this!
½ of the people in my county must have attended.
My daughter JUST found out that she is carrying TWINS-
There is a little issue with one regarding it having no heartbeat, but she was right at 6 wks when the scan done, so we are praying that she will hear it on November 12th!
They are identical if she doesn't end up with a vanishing twin situation.
Maybe there won't be a massive breakout in 2 weeks.
I'm praying for that too!
No one learned ANYTHING from the super spreader Church event that started in Cartersville in Bartow county obviously!
Rome Ga, Floyd county is only
26 miles away.
MOO
Georgia Trump rally attendees stranded waiting for buses in campaign chaos
:eek::eek::eek:
(° _°)...

Hugs and prayers for you, your daughter and her twins and your family. I’m so sorry. Please keep us posted.

But other countries do have a similar regional approach: in Canada, healthcare is a provincial issue and each province is dealing with closures and rules separately, although the federal government provides scientific advice. But Trudeau is very careful not to tell people what to do beyond social distancing and washing hands. So, BC and Ontario have different strategies (like whether strip clubs are open, or masks are mandatory or just recommended). Similarly, Germany has a decentralized response: Why Germany's coronavirus strategy might come back to haunt it

Us, too. Our state leaders meet in National Cabinet to discuss common issues. And then every state goes away and does what it deems best. Fortunately, they decided to listen to the health experts who all agreed what we should do.

One of our states (Western Australia) still won't open its border to other states. Even while the rest of us mostly have, and are in good shape.
Our Prime Minister would love for them to open their border ... their Premier just says "nope".

Coronavirus D614G mutation found in 99.9% of cases at US hospital | Daily Mail Online

Coronavirus mutation that has become the dominant strain may be more contagious

Yes, let’s hope there is not a mutation which is more severe (like the second wave of the 1918 pandemic)

I'm sure it's been discussed already,
I just have to express how angry (using a nice word here) I am right now after seeing this!
½ of the people in my county must have attended.
My daughter JUST found out that she is carrying TWINS-
There is a little issue with one regarding it having no heartbeat, but she was right at 6 wks when the scan done, so we are praying that she will hear it on November 12th!
They are identical if she doesn't end up with a vanishing twin situation.
Maybe there won't be a massive breakout in 2 weeks.
I'm praying for that too!
No one learned ANYTHING from the super spreader Church event that started in Cartersville in Bartow county obviously!
Rome Ga, Floyd county is only
26 miles away.
MOO
Georgia Trump rally attendees stranded waiting for buses in campaign chaos
:eek::eek::eek:
(° _°)...

Hang in there, many of us feel your pain.

But other countries do have a similar regional approach: in Canada, healthcare is a provincial issue and each province is dealing with closures and rules separately, although the federal government provides scientific advice. But Trudeau is very careful not to tell people what to do beyond social distancing and washing hands. So, BC and Ontario have different strategies (like whether strip clubs are open, or masks are mandatory or just recommended). Similarly, Germany has a decentralized response: Why Germany's coronavirus strategy might come back to haunt it

Found this... Well, how can US cities, counties, states work with the federal government when the federal government has no plan and denies the statistics?

There has been considerable cooperation between federal and provincial officials and politicians and relatively little acrimony or conflicting messaging between levels of government.

The Canadian Response To COVID-19

Dr. Birx finally speaks out... Nov 2 2020

Birx's internal report, shared with top White House and agency officials, contradicts Trump on numerous points: While the president holds large campaign events with hundreds of attendees, most without masks, she explicitly warns against them. While the president blames rising cases on more testing, she says testing is "flat or declining" in many areas where cases are rising. And while Trump says the country is "rounding the turn," Birx notes that the country is entering its most dangerous period yet and will see more than 100,000 new cases a day this week.

Trump adviser pleads for 'more aggressive action' against virus as president downplays threat

Woooah
Definitely marking this, thanks
Eta: it’s the DM...marking to find another source

Here is the University of Washington School of Medicine's news release about their potent vaccine under development.

“I am delighted that our studies of antibody responses to coronaviruses led to the design of this promising vaccine candidate,” said Veesler, who spearheaded the concept of a multivalent, receptor-binding, domain-based vaccine.
Ultrapotent COVID-19 vaccine designed via computer

Last edited:
I had been wondering, some time ago, about newborns born to covid positive mothers. Found some (a little) info about it from one study. And it seems to be all good news. :)

There were 118 live births to women who were tested for SARS-CoV-2 infection.
45 (38%) newborns were born to positive mothers.
A total of 42 (93.3%) newborns tested negative and 3 (6.6%) tested positive.
None of the 45 newborns needed NICU admission for COVID-19-related symptoms.
There was 100 % adherence to the televisits within 2 weeks post discharge. On these visits, none of the newborns were reported to have any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and none had emergency department visits or hospital admissions related to COVID-19.

Newborns of COVID-19 mothers: short-term outcomes of colocating and breastfeeding from the pandemic’s epicenter

I had been wondering, some time ago, about newborns born to covid positive mothers. Found some (a little) info about it from one study. And it seems to be all good news. :)

There were 118 live births to women who were tested for SARS-CoV-2 infection.
45 (38%) newborns were born to positive mothers.
A total of 42 (93.3%) newborns tested negative and 3 (6.6%) tested positive.
None of the 45 newborns needed NICU admission for COVID-19-related symptoms.
There was 100 % adherence to the televisits within 2 weeks post discharge. On these visits, none of the newborns were reported to have any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and none had emergency department visits or hospital admissions related to COVID-19.

Newborns of COVID-19 mothers: short-term outcomes of colocating and breastfeeding from the pandemic’s epicenter

there’s also this:

5 hours ago / NYT
Pregnant Women Face Increased Risks From Covid-19

Just jumping off your post. Most/all of our burger chain outlets have touch screen ordering here - away from the counter - with sanitiser readily available. As well as socially distanced marks on the floor, showing where to stand while you wait. And now we are allowed to sit at socially distanced tables as well (which wasn't the case a few months ago). Their playgrounds are still closed. They are really trying hard to protect their staff (and us).

We only have one Burger King here, in Sydney International airport. All the other "Burger Kings" are called Hungry Jacks.
They have the same logo/colours/menu/everything as Burger King. But they couldn't be called Burger King (except in that one international space at Sydney airport) because a little restaurant in Queensland was called Burger King - before the chain arrived here - and the owners would not relinquish the name, no matter how much they were enticed.

Just some related/unrelated trivia. :)

ha ha totally o/t but I thought it was only WA that had hungry jacks...

My suggestion to you is to scope out a great hospital that has an excellent NICU. My sister gave birth to a son on October 3rd. She lives in Staten Island but chose a hospital in Jersey.

This proved fortuitous because he developed a collapsed lung in the first few days. It's been difficult trying to navigate the whole covid situation, going for prenatal appointments and so on while observing all the necessary protocols.

It was especially hard when only one parent was able to visit the baby in the NICU at a time, after my sister was discharged. But they managed and now they are settled in at home and doing fine.

I'm going to hope for the best for you and your family. You can get through this!

Canada's pandemic approach is federally lead. All levels of government and health care stakeholders are expected to work in partnership to produce an effective and coordinated response.

"In a pandemic situation, a pan-Canadian whole-of-government response is required so that all potential resources can be applied to minimizing the pandemic's negative health, social and economic impacts. Pandemic plans should be aligned across jurisdictions to facilitate successful Federal, Provincial and Territorial collaboration during a pandemic."

You can read the Canadian Pandemic Response here:
Table of Contents: Canadian Pandemic Influenza Preparedness: Planning Guidance for the Health Sector - Canada.ca

NYT: Covid-19: Birx Delivers Stark Warning to White House on Eve of Election Day

Dr. Birx is now speaking out. I suggest we listen.

The warning — sent in a private memo to White House officials as the nation’s daily coronavirus caseload has broken records and approached 100,000 — amounted to a direct contradiction of President Trump’s repeated false assertions that the pandemic is “rounding the corner.” In it, Dr. Birx suggested Mr. Trump and his advisers were spending too much time focusing on lockdowns, and not enough on controlling the virus.

“We are entering the most concerning and most deadly phase of this pandemic,” Dr. Birx wrote, adding, “This is not about lockdowns — It hasn’t been about lockdowns since March or April. It’s about an aggressive balanced approach that is not being implemented.”

I’ve contemplated “Nuremberg Trials” too, and I don’t think it’s beyond the realm of possibility for the International Criminal Court in The Hague to try those leaders who have refused to take this pandemic seriously, from whatever countries that might be.
JMO

It probably is "beyond the realm of possibility," at least when it comes to China and the US, because neither are signatories to the Rome Statute. Even if all nations were signatories, the ICC exists to punish nationals who commit war crimes against other nations. By a long stretch of the intent, they might be able to bring China up on charges, since the virus originated there and they covered it up, but still, probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381