Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would not surprise me if RH used any one of the places you suggested, maybe even include old garages with bathrooms.
Considering how he nearly hurt the girl working backstage at a school production, could his ultimate fantasy be to do what he allegedly does, in a theater setting?
Are there many abandoned theaters around RH's stomping grounds? speculation, imo.
Have wondered on this as well. From what I can see, the Flushing RKO Theater might have been accessible back then, it's definitely accessible at various points since the 80s. A lot of these theaters, though, are more vacant than abandoned, they're not in use but someone does have them fairly well secured. From the looks of what's available online, the Flushing RKO is one that might be of interest because it's in a state of complete ruin and has clearly been accessed and vandalized, and over the course of a very long period of time. At one point, part of it was demolished.
In regards to the abandoned house theory, there are some unsolved homicide victims and jane does who were found in abandoned houses
Totally, totally agreed. Would guess RH is tied to many Jane Does and some of the Does are found very near ruins Muttontown and Lattingtown Jane Doe, Freeport Jane Doe. Welwyn Preserve (Lattingtown Jane Doe) has ruins. There's Knollwood Estate, proximity to where they found Muttontown Jane Doe. There's a sanitarium that's abandoned close to Freeport. If he'd use ruins (big "if"), he'd use houses. My guess is he might prefer the ruins because they're usually more expansive and there are no neighbors. If someone stumbled upon him, I'd guess he'd kill that person as well, or if the situation provided maybe start flashing architectural IDs with some story. But I still think he used houses as well, either those he stumbled upon himself or those he already knew about through his work.

You just never know. I don't know if it happened, but it's certainly possible, and if it's remotely possible, I'd worry about RH, who was actually going around compiling "to do" lists for murdering people.

Am still pursuing the theory that RH may have used abandoned structures in the commission of his crimes. I know this sounds far-fetched. But who thinks RH only started murdering people in 1993 at the age of 30? I don't, and I know a lot of other people don't. Did RH only start murdering people once he became a homeowner? There's no way I believe that. That means he was already committing murders (theoretically) "elsewhere," not in his home because he didn't always own that home. And his mother had been in that home pretty much up until he purchased it. If he got into the habit of using other locations earlier on (and I'm sure he did), he may have continued to use those locations in some capacity in terms of the Gilgo victims. So here are some locations I'm kind of looking into right now:
-Old Fish Cove Inn by Sandra Costilla, which cabins and had a compost heap; they filmed a movie here (slasher movie called "Madman" in 1982) with shoestring budget and had a casting call on "Backstage." RH was active in the drama club doing props and such, maybe he participated
-Pilgrim's State in Brentwood 7 mins from where they found Tina Foglia and 13 mins from Babylon/Amber, and like 13 mins from Hauppauge/Meghan Waterman
-Creedmoor in Queens, close to Flushing (Asian Doe?) and 13 min drive to Hempstead Lake State Park/Peaches & baby
-King's Park Psychiatric in Smithtown, which is incredibly close to where Nikkie Brass went to meet RH. He met her at the Steamroom Restaurant out in Rocky Point, which itself is filled with ruins of structures. Just as a note, to get from the Steamroom to Smithtown, you'd take 25A, which I've seen described as eerie, pretty desolate, and dark.

Have never been personally to any of these structures, and it's difficult to assess what the specific conditions would have been like in various timeframes, especially in terms of access. But they've all been abandoned for quite some time, and are all fairly large. And these abandoned structures come with their own interesting factors, like smells. I've always been curious about that note in HK about "M/O" and the plastic bag and cat litter. Was it to hide a distinctive smell? Because (example) Creedmoor is filled with pigeon droppings, mounds of them, and they have a pretty distinct odor. Also, his note about push pins instead of tape, yet he has another note about bringing bags and tape, and we know he ended up getting caught by tape, in part. So was that note about the push pins really in reference to the tape with hairs? Or might it have been something else? If he were using an abandoned structure, the tape might not adhere to thick dust. Agreed this theory is definitely out there in terms of what I've seen about RH (so far), but he had to have been killing somewhere early on, he didn't have a house and he wouldn't have the same privacy in an apartment. With some of these structures, he might arguably have had more privacy there than in his own home.
I am very intrigued by your thoughts and think they are more than possible.

June 8 '24 rbbm
''As with the Gilgo Beach investigation, the case against Bittrolff was dogged by allegations of mistakes and misconduct by police and prosecutors. During the trial, the Suffolk County police admitted to accidentally destroying the wood chips found on one of the women’s bodies and, separately, wood chips discovered in a car used by a police sergeant who was a potential suspect.''
How can such misconduct be allowed? This is outrageous!

Welcome to Suffolk County, and it's Police, Prosecutors and Court systems.
The police are way better, the court system is still all about the numbers. I want to believe that Tierney is being fully transparent, however, if he were truly honest, he would given Shannan Gilberts family what they deserve and he knows it. When John Ray was finally given the 911 tapes, it was clear that there was a big case against the SCPD 911, and when John tried to file it, guess what they said???

Too late, statute of limitations....so they withheld the tapes and then they are clearly liable for the call Shannan made to the SCPD 911 operator who didn't send a car, if you know the area, you know how easy it would have been for them to locate her WHHEN SHE WAS STILL ALIVE, and they actually have the right to say it's too late to file it?? If Tierney actually ever does to right by that family, I can't trust him. I can't find any type of training manuals from back then, but I did find that back in 2010, a call made to 911 from a cell phone would connect to the correct zones, so if she was connected to SCPD 911, that would mean they cover the area she is calling from, if she was connected to the state troopers, same thing, so what we are hearing for most of the time she spent on the phone was the state troopers trying to figure out how to help her (they released a staticly copy so you have to clean it up to hear how they actually were pretty great) and how the SCPD 911 operator was not properly trained and just transferred the call without even sharing what she kneq. The troopers were trying to get them on the radio but SCPD 911 did not respond.

If they are sure it's an accident, why not tell the family and not allow them to talk about it like they did the 911 tapes? and that family deserves a big settlement for all that they have endured IMO. I wish there was a way to get them justice.

The police are way better, the court system is still all about the numbers. I want to believe that Tierney is being fully transparent, however, if he were truly honest, he would given Shannan Gilberts family what they deserve and he knows it. When John Ray was finally given the 911 tapes, it was clear that there was a big case against the SCPD 911, and when John tried to file it, guess what they said???

Too late, statute of limitations....so they withheld the tapes and then they are clearly liable for the call Shannan made to the SCPD 911 operator who didn't send a car, if you know the area, you know how easy it would have been for them to locate her WHHEN SHE WAS STILL ALIVE, and they actually have the right to say it's too late to file it?? If Tierney actually ever does to right by that family, I can't trust him. I can't find any type of training manuals from back then, but I did find that back in 2010, a call made to 911 from a cell phone would connect to the correct zones, so if she was connected to SCPD 911, that would mean they cover the area she is calling from, if she was connected to the state troopers, same thing, so what we are hearing for most of the time she spent on the phone was the state troopers trying to figure out how to help her (they released a staticly copy so you have to clean it up to hear how they actually were pretty great) and how the SCPD 911 operator was not properly trained and just transferred the call without even sharing what she kneq. The troopers were trying to get them on the radio but SCPD 911 did not respond.

If they are sure it's an accident, why not tell the family and not allow them to talk about it like they did the 911 tapes? and that family deserves a big settlement for all that they have endured IMO. I wish there was a way to get them justice.
The corruption in SC at the time lead to this unbelievably lax treatment of Shannan’s case. Unfortunately it’s not feasible to properly compensate everyone who suffered during that reign.

I wish the focus would be justice for Shannan, rather than anything else.

crazy hookers have no business running around gated communities at night on Gilgo Beach...you know she brought it on herself...it's dangerous and no one cares..as long as it's not in their backyard...oh well , one less problem...she was probably just trying to ditch her pimp ...

Shannan was stalked and murdered, by Rex. we already know she knew Rex...she was seen at the motel with Rex by his taxi driver. she was hysterical and crying ,, what are the chances that here is this girl in Rex's neighborhood, who knows Rex and who is outside calling police because someone is chasing her trying to kill her...someone is in this private area chasing this young woman and she is disoriented and trying to escape and hide..she doesn't know what is going on or who to trust..she is terrified.

what are the odds that all this happens and she winds up dead just a stones throw from Rex's dead girl garden.

give me a break..he murdered this poor girl just like the others. mOO

I just want to add , that for all we know Shannen arranged something later with Rex and he knew where she was..we don't know what phones she could have had on her person, we don't know how many phones she had...we don't know what name Rex could have gone by. We don't know if Rex knew people over there in that beach enclave... I am starting to give up hope that he's going to talk...they need to get him in SC..then maybe they can get a full confession from him.

you just know the FBI wants access to his head so bad. mOO

I just want to add , that for all we know Shannen arranged something later with Rex and he knew where she was..we don't know what phones she could have had on her person, we don't know how many phones she had...we don't know what name Rex could have gone by. We don't know if Rex knew people over there in that beach enclave... I am starting to give up hope that he's going to talk...they need to get him in SC..then maybe they can get a full confession from him.

you just know the FBI wants access to his head so bad. mOO
I think he loves the mystery and will never confess. The more trials, the longer he lives, so even if they get him in a state that has the death penalty, he would never live long enough for it to be executed. ALL just my opinion, and I love your passion BTW.

crazy hookers have no business running around gated communities at night on Gilgo Beach...you know she brought it on herself...it's dangerous and no one cares..as long as it's not in their backyard...oh well , one less problem...she was probably just trying to ditch her pimp ...

Shannan was stalked and murdered, by Rex. we already know she knew Rex...she was seen at the motel with Rex by his taxi driver. she was hysterical and crying ,, what are the chances that here is this girl in Rex's neighborhood, who knows Rex and who is outside calling police because someone is chasing her trying to kill her...someone is in this private area chasing this young woman and she is disoriented and trying to escape and hide..she doesn't know what is going on or who to trust..she is terrified.

what are the odds that all this happens and she winds up dead just a stones throw from Rex's dead girl garden.

give me a break..he murdered this poor girl just like the others. mOO
She wasn't found on the same side of the highway, which is what most people use as their "fact" that he has no involvement. I really don't know if he was present that night, or if she even died that night. According to court docs, Hackett said he was with her that night and gave her something to calm her down. I can't understand how the police just let that go... I can't locate any docs that show they even interviewed him. Maybe they did, maybe they really do know what happened to her, but What they didn't do for a fact.....they never played her 911 call to the public.

They held this big PC, and only played her interaction with the NY State Troopers, who SHANNON DID NOT CALL, but was transferred to by the SCPD 911, who she DID call....What is your take on that? I, of course, think it was to cover up, while appearing transparent, but I would love other opinions.

I think he loves the mystery and will never confess. The more trials, the longer he lives, so even if they get him in a state that has the death penalty, he would never live long enough for it to be executed. ALL just my opinion, and I love your passion BTW.
And I think he knows the longer he remains silent, the more likely his "wife" will remain a star ($$$$). They're supporting each other through this IMO. If he supports her, she won't talk. If she supports him, he won't talk. That's my reasoning IMO only.

And I think he knows the longer he remains silent, the more likely his "wife" will remain a star ($$$$). They're supporting each other through this IMO. If he supports her, she won't talk. If she supports him, he won't talk. That's my reasoning IMO only.
Isn't she covered under spousal privilege? I truly don't know anything about that, hoping you might LOL

Well, didn't she file for divorce? Wasn't that their entire claim in the early days, before the money came rolling in?
I'm wondering, though, if the privilege will apply for what occurred during the marriage? Checking. Yep, sources online saying the privilege will still apply for what occurred during the marriage. But she'd have to claim it, based on what I'm seeing.

Which were she pressed seems likely, JMO.

I'm wondering, though, if the privilege will apply for what occurred during the marriage? Checking. Yep, sources online saying the privilege will still apply for what occurred during the marriage. But she'd have to claim it, based on what I'm seeing.

Which were she pressed seems likely, JMO.
FWIW there is a difference between communications and testimonial privilege. Marital privilege ceases once a divorce is finalized however there are some exceptions afaik.

Isn't she covered under spousal privilege? I truly don't know anything about that, hoping you might LOL
I really don't know how the spousal privilege works with this case. However, when a person lives with another for decades, they surely get to know their habits and idiosyncrasies. I don't believe for one moment she knew nothing about something out of the ordinary. It defies logic IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle
Back