Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs
@JenniferJJacobs
Don Jr, the president’s son, has tested positive for coronavirus. He escaped the virus when people around him got infected, including his girlfriend Kimberly, but now has it, per multiple sources.

@kaitlancollins
Confirming @JenniferJJacobs
, a spokesman for Donald Trump Jr. says he’s positive. “Don tested positive at the start of the week and has been quarantining out at his cabin since the result. He’s been completely asymptomatic so far and is following” medical guidelines.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs
@JenniferJJacobs
Don Jr, the president’s son, has tested positive for coronavirus. He escaped the virus when people around him got infected, including his girlfriend Kimberly, but now has it, per multiple sources.

@kaitlancollins
Confirming @JenniferJJacobs
, a spokesman for Donald Trump Jr. says he’s positive. “Don tested positive at the start of the week and has been quarantining out at his cabin since the result. He’s been completely asymptomatic so far and is following” medical guidelines.

I would bet that these political figures and their families are getting primo medicines, in the privacy of their homes.

Pretty sure they won't be going home, taking two Tylenol, drinking fluids, and going to bed.

Iowa numbers and news today: As of 10:00-11:00 a.m., we had 4,359 new "confirmed" cases" for a total of 203,033 confirmed cases of which 114,290 are recovering (+1,152). 25 more were reported to have passed for a total of 2,127. There are 86,616 active positive cases with a 24 hr. positivity rate of 40% according to KWWL. 207 were hospitalized in the last 24 hrs. for a total of 1,447 (-69). Here are the daily age group increases (I'm only 1 short to match numbers): 0-17: 19,616 (+490); 18-40: 86,477 (+1,642);
41-60: 57,852 (+1,250); 61-80: 30,539 (+745); and 81+: 8,496 (+231). Nov. 20: 4,359 new cases, 25 more deaths, hospitalizations drop below 1,500
access Daily case numbers updated at 11:00 a.m.
Hospitalization Analysis Current hospital data
Tyson suspending Waterloo plant supervisors named in wrongful death lawsuit This was from yesterday, but not able to post it at the time.
State reports 1st COVID death of prison staff member

It's very unlikely that they can spread the disease, since they are unable to actual get the disease.

"Having COVID" means "having lungs without the power to fight off the disease." The vaccine will give immunity to COVID, such that the lungs do not harbor it.

I'm not at all in agreement, scientifically, with your apparent view that taking a vaccine is selfish. People who are vaccinated do not transmit diseases.

Surely we are all aware about measles, mumps, rubella, small pox, and other diseases against which vaccines work?

At any rate, if vaccines are 95 percent effective, that's better than masks or social distancing. And no, people who are vaccinated will not be getting COVID or transmitting COVID.

That's the whole point of a vaccine. It's not selfish. Please don't spread that idea.
I wasn't suggesting that folks who get vaccinated are selfish. I think getting vaccinated is a smart decision and I'll likely get the shots myself.
I believe, however, that we don't yet know who can and cannot spread the virus and I'm not certain that you can't get it twice. I think getting it twice is increasingly possible as the strains change over time and as people travel to different regions. My spouse was just telling me about a family friend who tested positive in April and then again recently. I therefore prefer
that people who have had COVID wear a mask anyways. I mean how hard is it to put on a mask? My selfish label referred to the CEO of a health company who refused to wear a mask because he/she had previously been infected.

196,000 positive cases today which is a record.

I get my info from WorldoMeters and it may be me but Nebraska hasn't recorded any test results the last couple of days.

It's not just you. With Nebraska, Wyoming and Alaska not yet reporting today, the US had 1951 cases. I think we're on a new, higher plateau (nearer to 2000 than 1000).

60,000 deaths a month until we get a vaccine - and with most predictions indicating that our rates of infection and our deaths could climb higher. As we all know, hospitals everywhere are either maxxed out or getting closer (where I am, we are the closest we've ever been to having zero ICU beds - we still have 23% of our county-wide total, but that's scary).

I wasn't suggesting that folks who get vaccinated are selfish. I think getting vaccinated is a smart decision and I'll likely get the shots myself.
I believe, however, that we don't yet know who can and cannot spread the virus and I'm not certain that you can't get it twice. I think getting it twice is increasingly possible as the strains change over time and as people travel to different regions. My spouse was just telling me about a family friend who tested positive in April and then again recently. I therefore prefer
that people who have had COVID wear a mask anyways. I mean how hard is it to put on a mask? My selfish label referred to the CEO of a health company who refused to wear a mask because he/she had previously been infected.

I disagree, so far, on the mutations interacting with the immune system or with the vaccine in the way that you describe. In fact, the most recent research shows that immunity may very well be very long-lasting.

The number of people who've gotten it twice is vanishingly small - but one of them did have a more serious second course, which is concerning. I figure that can happen to anyone, whether from previously having COVID or from the vaccine (and then somehow getting COVID). So far, my understanding of the vaccine research is that, at the very least, it lessens the severity of COVID (because your body will have relevant antibodies).

I totally agree with you on the mask thing though. I will be wearing one in public for a very long time to come.

While a person can have 2 positives several months apart, that's an indication for further testing, not proof that it's a second course of COVID. Further, it seems that people who had a mild case initially may be more likely to have a reoccurrence (which is not the same as reinfection). In other words, they didn't produce enough antibodies. The vaccines under consideration cause the production of way more antibodies, AFAIK, than a mild case of COVID (some people do form lots of antibodies, which probably leads to greater T cell memory - although having the antibodies persist in the body, ready to go, is really important; people with mild cases may end up with the same case popping up again).

What isn't known is whether such people should take the vaccine or whether they would benefit.

Pfizer:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/20/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/

“Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech on Friday became the first companies to seek emergency authorization for a coronavirus vaccine in the United States, a landmark moment and a signal that a powerful tool to help control the pandemic could begin to be available by late December.

Conditions around the country remain dire: The United States reported a record high of more than 196,000 new coronavirus cases on Friday and is likely to cross 12 million cases nationwide on Saturday, six days after surpassing 11 million.”

Last edited:
I must have overlooked this earlier, unless it hasn’t been posted yet.

Ontario places Toronto and Peel Region under lockdown. Here's what you need to know

TORONTO -- The Ontario government will shutter most non-essential businesses, including gyms and personal care services, and will prohibit sit-down service in restaurants in two of the province’s COVID-19 hot spots as they grapple with a rise in infections.

Toronto and Peel Region have been placed in a lockdown, which is the province’s final category of the COVID-19 tiered framework that guides restrictions.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford made the announcement late Friday afternoon on the same day the province’s total number of lab-confirmed COVID-19 infections surpassed 100,000.

Toronto and Peel placed under "lockdown," all non-essential retail will be limited to curbside pickup only

Starting Monday at 12:01 a.m., in-person shopping will be prohibited in Toronto and Peel with exceptions for essential retailers such as supermarkets, hardware stores, department stores, convenience stores, pharmacies and beer and liquor stores, all of which will now face a 50 per cent capacity limit.

The Ford government is also prohibiting all organized gatherings and social events indoors “except with members of the same household” and is introducing a strict new 10-person capacity limit for places of worship that were previously allowed to fill their venues to 30 per cent capacity.

The gathering limit for outdoor events will also be reduced from 25 to 10 for regions in the lockdown tier.

I would bet that these political figures and their families are getting primo medicines, in the privacy of their homes.
Pretty sure they won't be going home, taking two Tylenol, drinking fluids, and going to bed.

Rudy Giuliani Reveals He’s Taking Hydroxychloroquine to Fend Off COVID-19

Appearing on Bloomberg TV, the Trump attorney was asked about his recent Fox News interview that featured him heavily coughing as he announced he was waiting on his coronavirus test result. The ex-mayor brushed off the coughing fit as just “clearing my throat” before adding that he has tested negative. “I am not that nervous about it,” Giuliani declared. “I know if it does happen, I know what to take. My doctor has provided hydroxychloroquine, which I’m taking every day.”

After the hosts expressed shock that he was taking the anti-malarial drug that multiple studies have found has little-to-no benefit in preventing or treating coronavirus, Giuliani boasted that his “genius” doctor has treated thousands of COVID-19 patients with the medication and only lost two.

Rudy Giuliani Reveals He’s Taking Hydroxychloroquine to Fend Off COVID-19

Appearing on Bloomberg TV, the Trump attorney was asked about his recent Fox News interview that featured him heavily coughing as he announced he was waiting on his coronavirus test result. The ex-mayor brushed off the coughing fit as just “clearing my throat” before adding that he has tested negative. “I am not that nervous about it,” Giuliani declared. “I know if it does happen, I know what to take. My doctor has provided hydroxychloroquine, which I’m taking every day.”

After the hosts expressed shock that he was taking the anti-malarial drug that multiple studies have found has little-to-no benefit in preventing or treating coronavirus, Giuliani boasted that his “genius” doctor has treated thousands of COVID-19 patients with the medication and only lost two.

Every day? He would fall into the 'long term side effects' category most likely.

cough or hoarseness
difficulty breathing
chest discomfort, pain, or tightness
fever with or without chills
blurred vision or other vision changes
dizziness or fainting
fast, pounding, uneven heartbeat
feeling that others are watching you or controlling your behavior
feeling that others can hear your thoughts
feeling, seeing, or hearing things that are not there
.... and many more possible side effects

Hydroxychloroquine (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic

Every day? He would fall into the 'long term side effects' category most likely.

cough or hoarseness
difficulty breathing
chest discomfort, pain, or tightness
fever with or without chills
blurred vision or other vision changes
dizziness or fainting
fast, pounding, uneven heartbeat
feeling that others are watching you or controlling your behavior
feeling that others can hear your thoughts
feeling, seeing, or hearing things that are not there
.... and many more possible side effects

Hydroxychloroquine (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic

At Thursday's press conference, he was sweating so badly that his hair dye was melting down his face on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971