Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Illinois woman found an unwanted item at the bottom of her Kohl’s package.
It was a COVID test swab, taken from a woman in Virginia...
The police took the test at first but quickly brought it back 15 minutes later. It was the health department that finally took the mystery test from Ellis.
“They might sell it third party, like a third-party flag, and apparently they must have COVID tests in that building as well,” she said.
The woman whose test it was said she got tested on Dec. 11 but never got the results back - that is, until the call from a random stranger in Illinois.
Woman finds used COVID-19 test swab in her package (wave3.com)

Ewwww- gross- how does something like that happen????

I read dogs weren't at too high of a risk at catching Covid. My sisters husband had been having Covid and now one of her dogs that likes to lay by him is acting, dizzy and not itself. She is at the vet now so won't know whats going on for awhile.

"But I think it is very important that all children of the world understand that physical distancing by Santa Claus and also of the children themselves must be strictly enforced. So it is really important that children of the world still listen to their mums and dads and their guardians and make sure they go to bed early on Christmas Eve"

World Health Organization is sharing a COVID-19 update.

In case anyone wants to reply to my vaccine woe and questions from the last thread...(I hope someone does! I’m anxious about this, even though I said I wasn’t going to be...sigh). As I mentioned, I especially appreciate any discussion/reference about this subject of allergies and vaccines going forward! I didn’t want to clog the vaccine thread. Not sure if it’s better discussed there?

Maybe one day they’ll develop a vaccine that people who are on the allergy spectrum can take?

From the last thread:

“What happens to those of us who may not be able take it??” :(

I’m in the same boat as you. Very sensitive, drugs, food and even the smell of strong chemicals can cause reactions. Had two full on anaphylactic needing hospital. I want the vaccine but will probably wait a while. Here in Aus we aren’t starting until March and luckily so far the infection is under control.

In case anyone wants to reply to my vaccine woe and questions from the last thread...(I hope someone does! I’m anxious about this, even though I said I wasn’t going to be...sigh). As I mentioned, I especially appreciate any discussion/reference about this subject of allergies and vaccines going forward! I didn’t want to clog the vaccine thread. Not sure if it’s better discussed there?

Maybe one day they’ll develop a vaccine that people who are on the allergy spectrum can take?

“What happens to those of us who may not be able take it??” :(
Encourage everyone else to take it to reach herd immunity when 75% have been vaccinated?

I’m in the same boat as you. Very sensitive, drugs, food and even the smell of strong chemicals can cause reactions. Had two full on anaphylactic needing hospital. I want the vaccine but will probably wait a while. Here in Aus we aren’t starting until March and luckily so far the infection is under control.

I see that Greg Hunt expects our country's vaccination schedule to be completed by October 2021. So I guess they are estimating that it will take about 6 months to vaccinate 25,500,000 people (minus the children).

Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt says the vaccine rollout is "ahead of schedule" but stressed it would not be compulsory.

"It will work down through the age groups starting in March working through to an expected completion by October," Mr Hunt told radio station 2GB.

"It will be free, universally available but voluntary.

"We're likely to have general practice, hospitals, the state-based respiratory clinics, the Commonwealth respiratory clinics, the Indigenous community controlled health centres in remote areas and also pharmacies [administering the vaccine] for the second round once we've established very clear processes."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/cor...ern-beaches-split-in-two-20201224-p56px2.html

Now my sister just took in dog number 2 to the vet, (stated earlier her husband had been dealing with Covid) the dog has been hacking, throwing up, not holding food down. Sounds suspicious.

Sorry to you and Margarita25. It's hard enough having Covid around and to fear a hopeful vaccine along with it all. I hope your Doctor will provide you with information about what is best for you to be safe. My heart goes out to you both.

I see that Greg Hunt expects our country's vaccination schedule to be completed by October 2021. So I guess they are estimating that it will take about 6 months to vaccinate 25,500,000 people (minus the children).

Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt says the vaccine rollout is "ahead of schedule" but stressed it would not be compulsory.

"It will work down through the age groups starting in March working through to an expected completion by October," Mr Hunt told radio station 2GB.

"It will be free, universally available but voluntary.

"We're likely to have general practice, hospitals, the state-based respiratory clinics, the Commonwealth respiratory clinics, the Indigenous community controlled health centres in remote areas and also pharmacies [administering the vaccine] for the second round once we've established very clear processes."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/cor...ern-beaches-split-in-two-20201224-p56px2.html

That’s great news to me, my son is getting married in October and I desperately want the borders open so all the family can attend!

This may be the most unbelievable story you read all day:

COVID-19 patient charged with murder in deadly beating of fellow patient
A COVID-19 patient accused of beating a fellow patient to death inside Antelope Valley Hospital has been charged with murder, authorities said Wednesday.

The gruesome murder happened the morning of Dec. 17. Investigators say 37-year-old Jesse Martinez beat his 82-year-old roommate at the Lancaster facility, where both men were being treated for COVID-19.

"The suspect became upset when the victim started to pray. He then struck the victim with an oxygen tank," a sheriff's department statement said.

The victim, who did not personally know the suspect, died the day after the attack, officials added.

Martinez is facing the murder charge with a hate crime enhancement and elder abuse. His bail was set at $1 million dollars and he is scheduled to appear in Antelope Valley Court on Monday.

COVID-19 patient charged with murder in deadly beating of fellow patient at Lancaster hospital

So did he just really hate people praying? One thing I thought of is I have heard of multiple instances of covid patients having horrible hallucinations and neuro stuff going on where they are just not in their right mind at all. But I'm guessing this guy must be fairly lucid for these charges?

Update on my sisters dogs, she was told they are sick from a fungus in the dirt, the state of MN. One is home being treated and the other is staying at the vets being quite sick still. She does live in a wooded area. I have never heard of such an illness and people can get sick as well but not from the sick pet.

Update on my sisters dogs, she was told they are sick from a fungus in the dirt, the state of MN. One is home being treated and the other is staying at the vets being quite sick still. She does live in a wooded area. I have never heard of such an illness and people can get sick as well but not from the sick pet.
I had a springer spaniel back in 2001 that got very sick from that fungus. I used to walk him down along a river and in the woods, and he always had his nose to the ground.

He got very sick, and our vet gave him a couple courses of antibiotics but he kept getting worse. He was having so much trouble breathing that I took him in to be euthanized, but as a Hail Mary the vet sent his chest X-ray to University of Illinois vet clinic. They immediately diagnosed him with the fungal disease from the soil, prescribed the correct medication and he started improving the day after his first dose.

He was a great dog and lived another seven or eight years.

I had a springer spaniel back in 2001 that got very sick from that fungus. I used to walk him down along a river and in the woods, and he always had his nose to the ground.

He got very sick, and our vet gave him a couple courses of antibiotics but he kept getting worse. He was having so much trouble breathing that I took him in to be euthanized, but as a Hail Mary the vet sent his chest X-ray to University of Illinois vet clinic. They immediately diagnosed him with the fungal disease from the soil, prescribed the correct medication and he started improving the day after his first dose.

He was a great dog and lived another seven or eight years.
They do get very sick and it seemed like Covid symptoms, strange illness.

This may be the most unbelievable story you read all day:

COVID-19 patient charged with murder in deadly beating of fellow patient
A COVID-19 patient accused of beating a fellow patient to death inside Antelope Valley Hospital has been charged with murder, authorities said Wednesday.

The gruesome murder happened the morning of Dec. 17. Investigators say 37-year-old Jesse Martinez beat his 82-year-old roommate at the Lancaster facility, where both men were being treated for COVID-19.

"The suspect became upset when the victim started to pray. He then struck the victim with an oxygen tank," a sheriff's department statement said.

The victim, who did not personally know the suspect, died the day after the attack, officials added.

Martinez is facing the murder charge with a hate crime enhancement and elder abuse. His bail was set at $1 million dollars and he is scheduled to appear in Antelope Valley Court on Monday.

COVID-19 patient charged with murder in deadly beating of fellow patient at Lancaster hospital

(Ugh, wish I didn’t read this. This is beyond horrible, poor man. :( :()

Per this video, “doctors are reporting more young people who are seriously ill”; also, per Hancock, this new South Africa variant is highly concerning because it appears to have mutated further than the one discovered in the UK.

Last edited:
Geez, I am glad that we have tightened up on the aircrew flying into Australia ....

Victoria's testing commander Jeroen Weimar has revealed two international air crew have tested positive to COVID-19 in the state. "That means that we've got two air crew that are now undertaking their 14-day isolation period in one of our quarantine health hotels," he says.

Victoria’s Covid 19 Commander Jeroen Weimar says there are currently around 100 international air crew in the government’s airline quarantine hotel. “This is our way of keeping the airline industry flying”

Australia coronavirus live: NSW records nine new Covid cases as 'Avalon cluster' grows to 104

2020 Timeline: The Year Of The Covid-19 Pandemic | NBC News NOW

COVID Antarctica

What you need to know about serious Covid-19 vaccine side effects | GMA

Last edited:
Now my sister just took in dog number 2 to the vet, (stated earlier her husband had been dealing with Covid) the dog has been hacking, throwing up, not holding food down. Sounds suspicious.

not surprised that it is something other than COVID... do the dogs have to ingest the fungus or can they just inhale spores? surprised because isn't the dirt in MN (a) covered with snow and (b) frozen now?

What was the fungus? (Just curious). There is a fungal like organism called Pythiosis, which can cause severe disease in horses and dogs, but it is us usually found in the South Eastern USA, and tropical/sub tropical areas of other countries.

I know that Idexx (vet lab company) were screening for Covid-19 earlier in the year, but I don't know if this is still true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hitchcock3000