Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it. Do not have to quarantine. Although I wonder if that’s wise.

Here is the link and relevant section:

Fully vaccinated people can:

• Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
  • Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
  • Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:

• Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing
  • Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
  • Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households
  • Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
  • Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
  • Follow guidance issued by individual employers
  • Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations

COVID-19 and Your Health

So a vaccinated person can not get it or transmit it? I get a bit confused.

I’m confused too. From the above, I guess taking the usual precautions outside the home is enough if you’ve been exposed. I think I’d quarantine if possible. But that’s just me.

I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to contract covid after being fully vaccinated, but in my opinion based on what I’ve read and seen so far, I expect we will see it’s incredibly unlikely. I will say we went from at least one positive per week (with twice-weekly testing) among staff to zero positives among staff and that’s with just over half of our staff being vaccinated. The numbers have plummeted among the most vulnerable settings since vaccines were rolled out.

Please take a look at this article. I am from Michigan and trying to wrap my head around these numbers. How are our cases so much higher than fully open, non mask mandated states?

Michigan's COVID-19 case rate is 3rd worst in US as variants spread
It could be as simple as variants have taken hold there before enough people had received at least one vaccine and/or the particular variants spreading aren’t controlled as well with whatever vaccines that are being used there.

IMO, it’s also possible that you’ve got a lot of people congregating together in smaller groups (small dinner parties in homes, birthday parties, etc) without precautions which is adding to the spread. Sometimes I feel like the more restrictive a place is, the more rebellious the people are over time.

I guess a vaccinated person can get it, but it's unlikely and may not be as severe.

Most recently, the Minnesota Department of Health identified 89 "breakthrough" infections in people who got two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Out of 800,000 fully vaccinated people in Minnesota, only 89 tested positive for COVID-19

CDC Director Warns of Possible Covid Surge as U.S. Cases Increase by 7%
The U.S. could suffer another surge in Covid-19 cases unless pandemic safety measures are maintained, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Friday.

The nation is recording a seven-day average of about 57,000 new Covid-19 cases per day, a 7% jump over the last week, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said during a White House news briefing on the pandemic. New hospitalizations are up "slightly" at roughly 4,700 admissions per day, she said.

This is just so depressing
Locally we’re already currently looking at some “little surges”
Despite vaccine progress, active COVID cases in Mass. keep rising; now at 28,078 after a week of increases

‘A little surge’: New COVID cases in March continue to increase in Worcester

Progress elusive as Worcester, state COVID cases rise

COVID Cases, High-Risk Communities Rise in Mass.

More than 900 COVID-19 cases reported among Mass. students, staff

COVID-19 data: Map, charts of outreak, vaccinations in Mass.

Last edited:
Well the long-awaited report on covid's origins is still not out yet. It was supposed to be out last week, then this week... Now, it looks as though it might be next week, or even long.

Former CDC Chief Robert Redfield sat down with CNN and offered his opinion that covid escaped from a lab. It's an interesting opinion. But, it's not conclusive and now, many are saying that even the WHO report will not be conclusive.

Former CDC director believes coronavirus came from lab in China - CNN Video

Just perhaps a word of caution. Due to Covid I began taking a daily dose of Vitamin D3 1000 for the past approximate two months. I am just as of today hopefully recovering from a kidney stone which became caught in the tube between my left kidney and bladder which resulted in one ambulance ride, one overnight in hospital, one cat scan, IV and medications. As of today, finally after eight days I think it has passed as I am finally out of pain. Of course, I can’t say for certain that vitamin D3 caused this unexpected horror but they do say that it can so I feel the need to advise all the good people on this site to be cautious. ( Yes, I have good medical and pharmacy coverage so I won’t have the pain of that) Six more days until my first vaccine. Yahoo!

Oh no! Horribly painful, good to know as I just ran out of my supply this morning, certainly won’t rush out to replace
Had one years ago and pain was worse that childbirth!

Just perhaps a word of caution. Due to Covid I began taking a daily dose of Vitamin D3 1000 for the past approximate two months. I am just as of today hopefully recovering from a kidney stone which became caught in the tube between my left kidney and bladder which resulted in one ambulance ride, one overnight in hospital, one cat scan, IV and medications. As of today, finally after eight days I think it has passed as I am finally out of pain. Of course, I can’t say for certain that vitamin D3 caused this unexpected horror but they do say that it can so I feel the need to advise all the good people on this site to be cautious. ( Yes, I have good medical and pharmacy coverage so I won’t have the pain of that) Six more days until my first vaccine. Yahoo!

Oh no! Horribly painful, good to know as I just ran out of my supply this morning, certainly won’t rush out to replace
Had one years ago and pain was worse that childbirth!
So everyone should stop taking vitamin D3 supplements?

No, but it is often advised to take Vitamin K2 along with D3

Is Vitamin D Harmful Without Vitamin K?
From this link.
Scientists are still investigating the functions of vitamins D and K.

They do not fully understand how they interact, but new pieces are gradually being added to the puzzle.

It’s clear that vitamin K benefits your heart and bones, but it’s unclear whether high-dose vitamin D supplements are harmful when you’re low in vitamin K.

Nevertheless, make sure to get adequate amounts of both vitamin D and K from your diet. Both of them are important.

Seems like this article talks more about the benefits of taking vitamin K and also taking vitamin D while saying there's no proof that they have to be taken together for their individual benefits to take place. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum