Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Help is starting. Countries are scrambling to find out what they can send to India, and relief deliveries have started in some cases.

UK ..... 495 oxygen concentrators - which can extract oxygen from the air when hospital oxygen systems have run out - as well as 120 non-invasive ventilators and 20 manual ventilators.

US .... raw materials for vaccines to Indian vaccine manufacturers, medical equipment and protective gear.

France ..... providing oxygen.

European Commission .... oxygen and medicine too.

Pakistan ... ventilators, Bi PAP, digital X ray machines, PPEs, and related items, and a fleet of 50 ambulances.

Saudi Arabia ... 80 metric tons of liquid oxygen.

Germany ... 23 mobile oxygen regeneration plants.

Singapore ... 4 cryogenic oxygen tanks.

Canada ... standing ready with PPE and ventilators and 'any items that might be useful'.

China .. still determining need, ready to supply support.

Australia ... still determining need, and is in a bloc with Japan and the US to provide a billion doses of the Covid-19 vaccine across Asia.

Covid: Countries send aid to ease India's oxygen emergency
As COVID-19 cases explode in India, Canada ready to help with medical supplies: Anand
The world is starting to grasp the true toll of India’s Covid-19 crisis

Thank goodness! This is exactly what we need to be doing--all helping one another.

This is what I've been waiting for--I love this commercial and I wish it'd been around a year ago, along with dozens more just as good. This is a Samuel Adams commercial, but companies everywhere could be doing this...

Thank goodness! This is exactly what we need to be doing--all helping one another.

Unfortunately, it is already spreading out of India ... into Nepal and Thailand. They are both having a massive rise in cases of the Indian strain. And they will likely have similar treatment issues. We so badly need to get the whole world vaccinated.

COVID-19 infections surge in Nepal, fueled by mutant strains from India
Thailand starts stricter COVID-19 shutdown, but experts say not enough

Speaking of Nepal....I follow the climbers on Mt Everest each year. There are now close to 400 clients, sherpa and staff living in Everest base camp waiting to climb. Tibet closed their side of the mountain to outside climbers but Nepal did not.
IMO they rely heavily on those tourist dollars each spring, enough to risk a major outbreak in the Khumbu Valley. And a major outbreak in that area would be devastating due to lack of hospitals and medical infrastructure. MOO

Mount Everest: Coronavirus reaches world's tallest peak

Really good articles on thread this morning...Thanks everyone! But how am I going to get anything done...:eek:..?

Danger: Don’t Drink Miracle Mineral Solution or Similar Products
MMS%3DBleach-CU-ART-06.jpg

Florida family indicted for selling bleach as 'miracle' COVID-19 cure

A Florida family created a fake church to sell a toxic industrial bleach as a cure for serious diseases, including COVID-19, cancer, and AIDS, a federal grand jury found.

The suburban Tampa family allegedly pocketed more than a million dollars selling their “Miracle Mineral Solution.”

210425-florida-investigators-fake-miracle-cure-bleach-snip-ac-246p_a42a1631b1a5b1bc5af393cbcc18d883.fit-560w.jpg

Investigators carry evidence away from a home that was illegally selling a bleach-like chemical mixture as a miracle cure for the coronavirus.

Last edited:
Airline bans Alaska state senator for violating mask rules — ABC News

“Alaska Airlines has banned an Alaska state senator for refusing to follow mask requirements.

“We have notified Senator Lora Reinbold that she is not permitted to fly with us for her continued refusal to comply with employee instruction regarding the current mask policy,” spokesman Tim Thompson told the Anchorage Daily News on Saturday, adding that the suspension was effective immediately

Last week, Reinbold was recorded in Juneau International Airport arguing with Alaska Airlines staff about mask policies. A video posted to social media appears to show airline staff telling Reinbold her mask must cover her nose and mouth.

Reinbold told the newspaper that had been inquiring about a “mask exemption with uptight employees at the counter."

Reinbold has been a vocal opponent to COVID-19 mitigation measures and has repeatedly objected to Alaska Airlines’ mask policy, which was enacted before the federal government's mandate this year.

Last year, she referred to Alaska Airlines staff as “mask bullies” after being asked by flight attendants to wear a mask aboard a flight, the newspaper reported.

It wasn't immediately known how Reinbold, who was in southcentral Alaska this weekend, would be able to get to Juneau where the legislative session resumes Monday. No other airline has scheduled flights between Anchorage and Juneau, and a ferry trip could take several days.”

Alaska lawmaker Lora Reinbold banned from Alaska Airlines over mask rules — USA TODAY

“But Reinbold posted images on Facebook, writing that she found a way to the Capitol by road and ferry. "Alaska I went to new heights to serve you & have a new appreciation for the marine ferry system," she wrote.”

I think the correct word is “lows” due to her bullying words and actions towards Alaska Airlines. I’m glad they stood their ground.
JMO

Last edited:
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
HuffPost - Breaking News, U.S. and World News
60439e5f270000da1d57ecfb.png

The author during her fifth trip to the emergency room due to COVID-19 in July 2020.

I have experienced approximately 100 symptoms myself, ranging from the notorious chest pressure and hypoxia, to tingling and numbness in my arms and legs, to muscle and joint pain, to brain fog and impaired verbal recall, to mental and physical exhaustion, to insomnia and nightmares.

Each day, getting up, showered and dressed is a painful hourslong process that leaves me short of breath and lightheaded. By late afternoon, I need a nap and rarely have the energy to prepare dinner. Although my life is no longer in danger, the inflammation that seems to be raging throughout my body will not quit.

Last edited:
Dr Kaufman and other experts have come up with a six-step guide to speaking to people who are unsure about COVID vaccines.

1. Don't jump to conclusions. Be prepared to listen
2. Ask yourself: is it worth engaging? People who feel strongly against vaccination probably won't be open to changing their minds
3. Acknowledge people's concerns (without necessarily validating them)
4. Address misinformation when it pops up (answer questions like, how do we know the vaccines are safe?)
5. Act as a role model. Research shows we listen to our peers and people we trust
6. Keep the conversation going and encourage people to look for trusted sources of information.

Suzanne wants the COVID vaccine. But her daughter is banning her from visiting after

Looks like the Premier of my state may be speaking with the federal govt soon about us taking/not taking incoming returned travellers.

Our hotel quarantine positive cases just went above the safety limit we want to maintain. Too many people returning to Australia in a covid-positive condition (again, despite negative tests being req'd before boarding the repatriation flights).

Spike in virus cases in Adelaide quarantine

Capitol Riot Suspect Who Defied Judge's Mask Order Eats Crow With Apology

Mon, April 26, 2021, 8:11 PM

upload_2021-4-26_22-14-11.pngupload_2021-4-26_22-14-38.png

U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth blasted the mesh mask as “mocking” the court’s condition for Powell’s release. “No reasonable person could think that defendant’s ‘mask’ complied” with the requirement ... “imposed to ensure that defendant ‘would not pose a risk to the health and safety of the community when she left her house,’” he said in his ruling.

Lamberth ordered Powell to show cause why he shouldn’t hold her in contempt of court and return her to jail.

Powell’s attorney Michael Engle issued an apology on her behalf for her “poor choice and her unwise conduct,” in a court memorandum filed Monday.

“The Defendant wishes to apologize to this Honorable Court, and to Pre-Trial Services, for her poor choice and her unwise conduct in this matter. It was not Ms. Powell’s intention to mock compliance with her condition of release or to flout the Court’s Order,” the document argued.

Engle claimed Powell was under pressure by her boss not to wear a mask, and she considered the hole-riddled mesh mask some kind of compromise.

Powell discarded the mask before it could be examined. Engle was adamant in the apology memo that he did not advise her to do so.

“As an officer of this Court, and an attorney with over 20 years of experience as a criminal defense lawyer who enjoys an excellent reputation and an impeccable track-record, the undersigned counsel can state with absolute certainty that he never advised, counseled, instructed, hinted, or otherwise suggested that the Defendant should throw away the mask at issue,” he noted.

Lambert has yet to rule on contempt of court...Stay tuned.....!

Unfortunately, it is already spreading out of India ... into Nepal and Thailand. They are both having a massive rise in cases of the Indian strain. And they will likely have similar treatment issues. We so badly need to get the whole world vaccinated.

COVID-19 infections surge in Nepal, fueled by mutant strains from India
Thailand starts stricter COVID-19 shutdown, but experts say not enough
And Thailand has handled it so well up until now. Letting the guard down prematurely is proving disastrous.

Capitol Riot Suspect Who Defied Judge's Mask Order Eats Crow With Apology

Mon, April 26, 2021, 8:11 PM

View attachment 294612View attachment 294613

U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth blasted the mesh mask as “mocking” the court’s condition for Powell’s release. “No reasonable person could think that defendant’s ‘mask’ complied” with the requirement ... “imposed to ensure that defendant ‘would not pose a risk to the health and safety of the community when she left her house,’” he said in his ruling.

Lamberth ordered Powell to show cause why he shouldn’t hold her in contempt of court and return her to jail.

Powell’s attorney Michael Engle issued an apology on her behalf for her “poor choice and her unwise conduct,” in a court memorandum filed Monday.

“The Defendant wishes to apologize to this Honorable Court, and to Pre-Trial Services, for her poor choice and her unwise conduct in this matter. It was not Ms. Powell’s intention to mock compliance with her condition of release or to flout the Court’s Order,” the document argued.

Engle claimed Powell was under pressure by her boss not to wear a mask, and she considered the hole-riddled mesh mask some kind of compromise.

Powell discarded the mask before it could be examined. Engle was adamant in the apology memo that he did not advise her to do so.

“As an officer of this Court, and an attorney with over 20 years of experience as a criminal defense lawyer who enjoys an excellent reputation and an impeccable track-record, the undersigned counsel can state with absolute certainty that he never advised, counseled, instructed, hinted, or otherwise suggested that the Defendant should throw away the mask at issue,” he noted.

Lambert has yet to rule on contempt of court...Stay tuned.....!
BBM. Blatant, flat out lying. That should attract a second count of contempt of court.
She is just too clever for her clogs.

Alaska lawmaker Lora Reinbold banned from Alaska Airlines over mask rules — USA TODAY

“But Reinbold posted images on Facebook, writing that she found a way to the Capitol by road and ferry. "Alaska I went to new heights to serve you & have a new appreciation for the marine ferry system," she wrote.”

I think the correct word is “lows” due to her bullying words and actions towards Alaska Airlines. I’m glad they stood their ground.
JMO

Alaska lawmaker takes 39-HOUR ferry to capital after airline mask ban — Daily Mail

Check out the unusual clear plastic mask, how is exhaled air released?

Alaska lawmaker takes 39-HOUR ferry to capital after airline mask ban — Daily Mail

Check out the unusual clear plastic mask, how is exhaled air released?

You can see in this pic that the mask is not snug against her cheek. There is a shadow from the mask on her cheek that wouldn't be there if it was snug.

xx1.JPG

That rubber ridging along the top and bottom edges is essentially holding the mask away from her face. I imagine there is a lot of airflow. She may as well just wear a faceshield (if that was allowed).

FRONTLINE: The Virus That Shook The World, Parts 1 & 2

I don’t know if anyone else got a chance to see the first three hours of this show on 4/26. The final hour is supposed to air 4/27. Schedules may differ. We’re not in San Diego, but the article about the series at this link is very good. It’s well worth watching if you can stand to get sad and mad again.

Our Southern Oregon PBS showed “Fauci: The virus hunter” right afterward, which was very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum