Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Louisiana is one of the states with low immunization rates. A friend of mine is a pharmacist and a state senator. He spoke to the medical doctor in charge of our region shared with him that all the dr. has been doing for the last 2 wks. is fielding phone calls from people who received vaccines and believe that the government is implanting the needle in the their arm. In reality the nurses are using retractable needles in an effort to prevent a secondary stick. It’s so sad what we’re facing to battle this virus.

Louisiana is one of the states with low immunization rates. A friend of mine is a pharmacist and a state senator. He spoke to the medical doctor in charge of our region shared with him that all the dr. has been doing for the last 2 wks. is fielding phone calls from people who received vaccines and believe that the government is implanting the needle in the their arm. In reality the nurses are using retractable needles in an effort to prevent a secondary stick. It’s so sad what we’re facing to battle this virus.
Kind of amazing those people got vaccinated to begin with.

ok what's a retractable needle and how does it avoid a 'secondary stick' and what is a 'secondary stick'?

o_O

So, what's everybody's prediction? Get your bets in now, they won't count at the end of July when the results are coming in.

I think there's an 80% chance right now, that there are going to be significant outbreaks, leading to hospitalizations and deaths, in those communities and States, with low vaccination rates.

And I'm going to go with a 40% chance of something much more widespread. Meaning outbreaks even in states with decent vaccination rates.

I don't need to explain to anyone here, that what we're starting to see now, is directly correlated to the period immediately after the reducing of restrictions in the latter part of June. Next week, and the week after, we're going to see the impact of the July 4th weekend. That's when we'll know if there's an increase in my 40% prediction, meaning a countrywide problem as opposed to a regional one.

Covid is a bear. We've got it cornered, but we're also poking it with a stick repeatedly. We've pretty much given up on the idea of killing or euthanizing it, so we'll continue with the poking method. Stay tuned.

ok what's a retractable needle and how does it avoid a 'secondary stick' and what is a 'secondary stick'?
There are syringes/needles that once you inject the vaccine or medication, the needle automatically retracts into the syringe. It helps prevents the nurses from accidentally pricking themselves with a “dirty” needle. I used this type when I had to self-administer Lovenox after surgery. I found this type so much safer. After using this style of syringe still mist be discarded in a red box.

So, what's everybody's prediction? Get your bets in now, they won't count at the end of July when the results are coming in.

I think there's an 80% chance right now, that there are going to be significant outbreaks, leading to hospitalizations and deaths, in those communities and States, with low vaccination rates.

And I'm going to go with a 40% chance of something much more widespread. Meaning outbreaks even in states with decent vaccination rates.

I don't need to explain to anyone here, that what we're starting to see now, is directly correlated to the period immediately after the reducing of restrictions in the latter part of June. Next week, and the week after, we're going to see the impact of the July 4th weekend. That's when we'll know if there's an increase in my 40% prediction, meaning a countrywide problem as opposed to a regional one.

Covid is a bear. We've got it cornered, but we're also poking it with a stick repeatedly. We've pretty much given up on the idea of killing or euthanizing it, so we'll continue with the poking method. Stay tuned.

That bear analogy is a good one! I agree with your predictions…and dread them. My county has zip codes with only 27-40% vaccinated, even though Oregon is now wide open.

In the last 14 days the caseload in the US has already increased by 52%, according to the NY Times.
Of course, some states are more responsible for this increase than other states. For example, Tennessee cases have increased (in the last 14 days) by a whopping 224%, Kansas 150%, Louisiana 142%.
Keeping in mind, these are the people who are sick enough to go and be tested. It could be even higher than that.

xx3.JPG

How does that translate to hospitalisations?
66% increase in Nevada, 54% increase in Alaska, 44% increase in Arkansas. Overall in the US a 4% increase.

xx3a.JPG

Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count

<rsbm>

<rsbm>

Replying again after reading a comment by a front line responder begging people to get vaccinated…

“I look at the rising numbers among folks who won't get the shot and I feel like I'm watching the water withdraw before the tsunami. We don't have to go the way we're going.”

This is toward the end of the Friday Carolyn Hax chat in WaPo.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2021/07/09/live-chat-carolyn-hax/

Dr. Hansen discusses COVID origin and lab leak theory, most all we have already discussed here on threads, some new e.g. genetic manipulation.... (he also covers Jon Stewart on Colbert)

Bottom line, who knows. We may or may not ever know.

00:21 Reaction about the Jon Stewart Reaction Statement on Stephen Colbert Show
02:33 The COVID Origin
04:08 Close Living Quarters - Humans and Animals
04:55 SARS-COV-2's Closest Relative
05:31 The LAB LEAK Theory of COVID
06:33 The Timeline of COVID
07:40 The Precedent for LAB Accidents
09:32 Genetic Manipulation
12:17 Was the COVID Virus Biologically Manipulated?

(Marking spot)

(I saw that btw, Jon Stewart on Stephen Colbert lol)

eta:

eta2: it must be noted, the audience, excitement in the air of all vaccinated audience, (one of?) Stephen Colbert’s first night’s back with a full audience after broadcasting for over a year from a converted closet, literally.

Last edited:
80% and 40% sound about right imo (pessimistic me might go up to 90 and 60 :oops:)

Also ...good bear analogy *poke poke poke*

Last edited:
Of course, some states are more responsible for this increase than other states. For example, Tennessee cases have increased (in the last 14 days) by a whopping 224%, Kansas 150%, Louisiana 142%.
Keeping in mind, these are the people who are sick enough to go and be tested. It could be even higher than that.

And, everyone's running around here in Kansas without masks. I think our elderly rate of vaccination is around 80% but it drops off substantially for younger persons. And, Delta is hitting the younger population pretty hard.

It's like no one even remembers there is a virus out there.

Love the bear analogy! Like others have said -- it's spot-on.

My prediction:

I think we've got about a 70% chance of seeing another variant emerge that's much deadlier than Delta or Lambda--one that the current vaccines don't do much to protect against.

I can see this happening--it's what happened last year in the fall when temperatures cooled and Covid picked up speed.

I just don't know what's going to happen if they require masks again--right now, virtually no one in the stores are wearing masks, and I know a lot of them are not vaccinated because we know the vaccine rates.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/08/us-...cases-and-return-of-indoor-mask-mandates.html

Replying again after reading a comment by a front line responder begging people to get vaccinated…

“I look at the rising numbers among folks who won't get the shot and I feel like I'm watching the water withdraw before the tsunami. We don't have to go the way we're going.”

This is toward the end of the Friday Carolyn Hax chat in WaPo.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2021/07/09/live-chat-carolyn-hax/

Thanks for the link. The tsunami image is pretty scary.

Naturally, in addition to reading the post you cite, I read the entire chat! Carolyn Hax gives great advice.

Video says 518 Deaths. One day only, but that's a significant reversal. Been a bit since I've seen a daily # above 400. If the #'s at Worldometers lag those from JHU, then perhaps we'll see them later today.

While it would be premature to assume a trend, based upon a limited time period, the reversal of the lines in those graphs, sure do look like the start of a new wave.

In fact, given that we just had a WIDE THE F OPEN 4th Of July, I'd say it's almost a certainty that we're going to see an acceleration upwards in the graph lines over the coming days and weeks.

Thanks for the link. The tsunami image is pretty scary.

Naturally, in addition to reading the post you cite, I read the entire chat! Carolyn Hax gives great advice.

Yes, the tsunami image made me sit up and take notice, especially coming from a front line responder. :eek:

OT: I’m a big fan of Carolyn Hax’s daily WaPo columns and Friday chats. She’s so sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx