Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All three major hospital systems where I live are now requiring employees to get vaccinated. This includes all hospital employees, not just clinical. The rehab centers, pharmacies, long term care and all ancillary locations are requiring vaccination as well.

That is appropriate and I am glad they are doing that.

All three major hospital systems where I live are now requiring employees to get vaccinated. This includes all hospital employees, not just clinical. The rehab centers, pharmacies, long term care and all ancillary locations are requiring vaccination as well.

One of the staff members was loudly complaining about it, saying that she definitely did not want to get the vaccine. One of our doctors came out of his office and offered to answer any questions about the vaccine for her. He asked why she did not want to get vaccinated, and she said she saw on Facebook that it could cause men to be sterile.

One of the staff members was loudly complaining about it, saying that she definitely did not want to get the vaccine. One of our doctors came out of his office and offered to answer any questions about the vaccine for her. He asked why she did not want to get vaccinated, and she said she saw on Facebook that it could cause men to be sterile.
Makes you wonder how some hospital employees are able to get jobs in the hospital, with that type of intellect? imo.

Makes you wonder how some hospital employees are able to get jobs in the hospital, with that type of intellect? imo.
She isn’t a nurse, she is a scheduling coordinator and receptionist. Even so, makes you wonder.

We are asking all our patients to show us their vaccine cards so we can enter the dates into their immunization record. One of our patients showed us some screenshots from Facebook that showed people who claimed they turned magnetic after receiving their COVID shots. The pictures showed people covered with metal objects that had stuck to their bodies. We all got a good laugh out of the pictures, and then we attempted to get paper clips to stick to us since we are all fully vaccinated. Not even one paper clip would stick to any of us. Sigh.

This will make you sleep a little easier if you've been vaccinated already.

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/...pi-confirmed-cases-post-vaccination.pdf?la=en

• Of the almost 9.4 million vaccinated individuals only 0.15% (14,293 individuals including both symptomatic and asymptomatic cases) became infected when they were partially vaccinated and only 0.02% (1,648 individuals) became infected when they were fully vaccinated; as these were fully vaccinated individuals, these are considered breakthrough cases (Table 2).

• The majority (53.1%) of post-vaccination cases identified were not yet protected from vaccination when they acquired their infection, as their symptom onset date was within 0 to <14 days following dose 1 administration (Table 1).

• The number of post-vaccination cases declines dramatically as time from vaccination increases. The number of post-vaccination cases appears to decrease at about 10 days after dose 1. A marked decrease in post-vaccination cases is observed 28 or more days after dose 1 and very few cases are reported following dose 2 (Figure 1).

• Only 4.8% of cases post-vaccination occurred 7 or more days after dose 2 administration and are considered breakthrough cases (Table 1).

• Partially vaccinated and breakthrough cases comprise a very small proportion of the total number of COVID-19 cases reported since December 14, 2020 and up to June 12, 2021 (Table 2). Of the 396,076 COVID-19 cases reported in this time period, 3.6% were partially vaccinated and 0.4% were breakthrough cases.

I posted this on the Oregon thread, but I thought others might be interested.

This is a vaccine dashboard for Oregon with various categories of statistics. My county has the most people in the entire state needing to be vaccinated to reach 65%! Not surprising. :mad: Of course, the fact that we are somewhat more populous than some other rural counties plays a role in that statistic.

https://public.tableau.com/app/prof...PCode?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

Zip codes were just added, so you can check your zip code and see how it’s doing. It shows a ranking of the ones with the most yet to be vaccinated in Oregon. One of the zip codes in my county is at #3.

https://public.tableau.com/app/prof...PCode?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

As I expected, my zip code has the highest percentage vaccinated in Jackson county at 66.4%.

It will take awhile for the rest of Jackson county to get to the 65% goal with at least one vaccination, even though Gov. Brown says the State as a whole doesn’t have far to go to reach that.

So as I predicted months ago, when I venture out of my town to the main shopping/doctor hub I will be encountering many more unvaccinated people. Of course, since my zip code is a tourist destination with visitors from other states, our high percentage of vaccinated residents doesn’t exactly make me feel particularly confident anyway.

Had a doctor appointment yesterday- hubby went with me- of course we both wore masks. This woman (masked) came in with her child, probably 2years old (no mask): I went into the exam room but my husband stayed in the waiting room. He told me the little girl had a screaming fit in the waiting room. We are both fully vaccinated but I imagine all those germs and whatnot spewing from the little girl's mouth during her hissy fit- I think she should have been masked- everybody is required to wear a mask at every doctor's office I have been to--- Am I wrong? The Delta virus is just beginning to be seen here in Michigan---and as we all know it is highly transmissible.

Covid: Sydney city centre and Bondi beach to enter lockdown

Headline news here today re the Delta "outbreak" (v low cases relatively speaking) in Bondi.

The article says that the driver linked to the outbreak was reluctant to have the Zeneca jab because he was worried about blood clots.

The driver would have been eligible for Pfizer, being a quarantine driver. Also, the driver wasn't wearing a freakin' mask! He lied and said he was (because the job requires it) ... but CCTV shows that he wasn't wearing one.

So, no jab, no mask, drive incoming international flight crew around. Is there any wonder he started an outbreak?

Our population is fragile until we can get vaccinated. These people need to use (and apply) common sense.

My SIL is going for a Pfizer shot next week, even though his eligible age group isn't up yet. Because he helps care for his ill mother who is immuno-compromised. All he needs is a letter from her dr. There are common-sense allowances in place.

Even though Pfizer is scant at the moment (incoming orders supposed to start in a big way in July), essential people are eligible. And anyone who has anything to do with incoming flight crew/quarantine travellers is eligible.

Last edited:
The driver would have been eligible for Pfizer, being a quarantine driver. Also, the driver wasn't wearing a freakin' mask! He lied and said he was (because the job requires it) ... but CCTV shows that he wasn't wearing one.

So, no jab, no mask, drive incoming international flight crew around. Is there any wonder he started an outbreak?

Our population is fragile until we can get vaccinated. These people need to use (and apply) common sense.

My SIL is going for a Pfizer shot next week, even though his eligible age group isn't up yet. Because he helps care for his ill mother who is immuno-compromised. All he needs is a letter from her dr. There are common-sense allowances in place.

Even though Pfizer is scant at the moment (incoming orders supposed to start in a big way in July), essential people are eligible. And anyone who has anything to do with incoming flight crew/quarantine travellers is eligible.
So frustrating when to us its just absolute common sense but then you get the one selfish idiot creating potential carnage :mad:

A little happy news from my personal corner. This weekend we are taking my parents on holiday for a week to our favourite coastal area. We've rented a house. They have only left their home a handful of times since March 2020 so this is a big step. We are all double vaxed and my long covid fatigue is much less noticeable since I had mine. Masks and sanitiser packed. I cant wait to see the sea :)

A little happy news from my personal corner. This weekend we are taking my parents on holiday for a week to our favourite coastal area. We've rented a house. They have only left their home a handful of times since March 2020 so this is a big step. We are all double vaxed and my long covid fatigue is much less noticeable since I had mine. Masks and sanitiser packed. I cant wait to see the sea :)

Hope you have a lovely,relaxing holiday with your family. Have a paddle for me!!

I wonder why the difference in quarantine times between a vaccinated positive case and an unvaccinated positive case. Is there some research that says that vaccinated people test negative again (become covid free) faster than unvaccinated people?

"This week two Ugandan athletes tested positive after arriving in Japan despite being fully vaccinated"

'A big element of that is getting everyone vaccinated because when an athlete tests positive, being vaccinated gives you a chance to get out of any quarantine environment earlier than if you are not vaccinated.'

Had a doctor appointment yesterday- hubby went with me- of course we both wore masks. This woman (masked) came in with her child, probably 2years old (no mask): I went into the exam room but my husband stayed in the waiting room. He told me the little girl had a screaming fit in the waiting room. We are both fully vaccinated but I imagine all those germs and whatnot spewing from the little girl's mouth during her hissy fit- I think she should have been masked- everybody is required to wear a mask at every doctor's office I have been to--- Am I wrong? The Delta virus is just beginning to be seen here in Michigan---and as we all know it is highly transmissible.

2 and under have always been exempt from masks where I am. My own personal opinion lines up with our guidelines. I cannot see any good reason to mask such a young child. Heck, I thought 5 and under should be exempt. JMO

Sounds just lovely. Enjoy. You are a sweetie to take them on a holiday and rent a house. May your long covid continue to improve......... And we here want a picture of the surf when you get there!

So happy for you and your family!! You have been through so much-Glad you are feeling better- I know you will enjoy your holiday by the sea!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum