Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Until, and unless we get herd immunity we will be exposed and vulnerable to continuing variants, some of which sadly, may eventually be able to evade the vaccines. All those selfish people that refuse to get vaccinated are impacting all of us. On the other hand if all of those selfish unvaccinated people get the virus, that should contribute to herd immunity, right?

Until, and unless we get herd immunity we will be exposed and vulnerable to continuing variants, some of which sadly, may eventually be able to evade the vaccines. All those selfish people that refuse to get vaccinated are impacting all of us. On the other hand if all of those selfish unvaccinated people get the virus, that should contribute to herd immunity, right?
Yes, you could get to herd immunity the natural way-people who have been infected develop natural immunity. So unvaccinated people who get infected will contribute to herd immunity.

I'm sorry that so many in your family haven't been vaccinated. It's a stressful thing to try to remain loving and tolerant of family members who refuse for reasons other than medical necessity.

My housekeeper hasn't been vaccinated and that saddens me. We've been friends for many years. She wears her mask so that's a start. She says that she doesn't like needles. Yeah, well, she's not six years old anymore.
Thank you for your kind words. It's very stressful, I began with being respectful of their opinion (it's all the 20-30 years old family) but as this goes on and on I'm finding myself with less patience. Just this week two of my nieces teenagers have been diagnosed and they are so sick. My niece is a hospice nurse so it baffles me to no end. I hope your housekeeper stays well.

You said “Of all the putrid messaging to come from that organization, the most recent one that vaccinated people could shed their masks, may be the most dangerous and thoughtless.”

I agree with the CDC’s message that vaccinated people can shed their masks. I know that message has been instrumental in getting more people vaccinated, in my opinion and experience. That’s a good thing. Vaccinations work for the most part and though they may not always prevent you from contracting covid, you will likely survive.

As for giving the virus to unvaccinated, non-mask wearing people - I think by now anyone that wants the vaccine can have the vaccine.

But this IS still a dilemma... I see more people I know who ARE vaccinated wearing masks in inside venues again.
I see lots of people who I know have been outspoken about the conspiracy crapola about the vaccines.... and they DO NOT wear masks. And I'm sure many never will.

I don't want to find out that lots of these unvaccinated folks do get sick...but, you know what, I also don't want to get a lower-grade infection from an unvaccinated person either.

And I feel the only thing I can do is to put the masks back on.

Thank you for your kind words. It's very stressful, I began with being respectful of their opinion (it's all the 20-30 years old family) but as this goes on and on I'm finding myself with less patience. Just this week two of my nieces teenagers have been diagnosed and they are so sick. My niece is a hospice nurse so it baffles me to no end. I hope your housekeeper stays well.
A hospice nurse? I would freak out.
When interviewing companies that was at the top of my list of questions.

:eek::(
Hang in there. Life is stressful dealing with family situations such as those.

Last edited:
Alabama's GOP Gov. Kay Ivey draws fire after blaming it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated' amid her state's COVID spike — USA TODAY

“Alabama's Republican Gov. Kay Ivey drew fire on Friday after saying it was "time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks” for a spike in her state's COVID-19 cases, with critics charging she has failed to show leadership in tackling the pandemic.

Asked Thursday what it would take to lift Alabama's low vaccination rate, Ivey snapped to a reporter: "I don't know, you tell me!"

Last edited:
Fantastic!

Oakland Zoo vaccinates its animals against Covid-19
More at link
The zoo is among the first of more than 70 animal organizations across the nation to administer donated vaccines from the animal health company Zoetis. The two-dose Zoetis vaccine, based on the COVID-19 spike protein, can be used across many species, from the zoo’s mountain lions and gibbons to its fruit bats and wolves. Rubicon and Truckee are part of a carefully planned vaccination effort that started on June 30 and will continue for the rest of the year, targeting the zoo’s most vulnerable animals.

Alabama's GOP Gov. Kay Ivey draws fire after blaming it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated' amid her state's COVID spike — USA TODAY

“Alabama's Republican Gov. Kay Ivey drew fire on Friday after saying it was "time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks” for a spike in her state's COVID-19 cases, with critics charging she has failed to show leadership in tackling the pandemic.

Asked Thursday what it would take to lift Alabama's low vaccination rate, Ivey snapped to a reporter: "I don't know, you tell me!"

Eric Ward, a senior fellow at the Southern Poverty Law Center who studies extremism, blamed vaccine reluctance on "nearly a year-and-a-half of right-wing rage machine rhetoric."

"Even conservative leaders now are having a hard time figuring out how to rein in what had primarily been a propaganda campaign, and they are now realizing their constituencies are particularly vulnerable," he said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/republicans-vaccination-message-1.6114162

Denial? Is that why some people resist the vaccine? I spoke with someone the other day about her choice to not get vaccinated. She said, "I am not old, fat, or have any health issues, so I am perfectly fine with the miniscule risk.".

So, has the mantra that only "old, fat, and unhealthy" really need a Covid vaccine?

Denial? Is that why some people resist the vaccine? I spoke with someone the other day about her choice to not get vaccinated. She said, "I am not old, fat, or have any health issues, so I am perfectly fine with the miniscule risk.".

So, has the mantra that only "old, fat, and unhealthy" really need a Covid vaccine?

A lot of people like her thought the same thing: some of them are dead. Besides the selfishness of the thought (me me me), what about how important it is for all of us
to do what is right for the community ( I know, silly me)----

She may want to rethink her decision. "Old, fat, unhealthy" were high risks in the first waves. Not so much now because we've all been vaccinated.

She may want to rethink her decision. "Old, fat, unhealthy" were high risks in the first waves. Not so much now because we've all been vaccinated.

I'm surprised that person didn't include not being "Black" among her reasons.

I think Nick Cordero's wife would have something to say about having ONLY those conditions making someone at risk for catching Covid. Young, Fit & Healthy, and now Dead.

Does she follow MTG on Twitter? That is the message that she is pushing, according to a link I saw earlier.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution reporter Tia Mitchell asked. “You know, there are children, skinny people who have died of the coronavirus.”

The congresswoman responded with a demonstrative laugh.

‘You crack me up’

Does she follow MTG on Twitter? That is the message that she is pushing, according to a link I saw earlier.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution reporter Tia Mitchell asked. “You know, there are children, skinny people who have died of the coronavirus.”

The congresswoman responded with a demonstrative laugh.

‘You crack me up’
That is such a slap in the face to those of us who have lost someone to Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member