Could a NG verdict forever change our system of justice?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Could a NG verdict forever change our system of justice?

• Yes, if she gets a NG verdict anyone could get off of anything with enough money

Votes: 53 27.3%
  • No, our system will survive even this.

Votes: 115 59.3%
  • I think she is innocent and hope she gets off

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Just don't know

Votes: 21 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always thought Joseph Gobbels ( I know I've spelled his name wrong, my apologies) was the author of your quote......not Hitler, although he was horrible as Hitler, IMO.
Your post edited for brevity.

Actually both men have that quote attributed to them, so I guess it is not known which man said it first. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of truth in it. Looking at the political commercials that came out last election, and since the supreme court ruling letting any group make any add for any person or party they choose with no obligation to be truthful save a distant threat of legal action after the election is over, I think we will be flooded with deceptive political TV ads this coming Pres election season all proving, "If you make a lie big enough..."

ITA...This has really changed my mind about our legal system...I get it--but strongly disagre with it. The performance that jb gave for his opening statement without facts to actually back it up was disgusting...Being able to throw anyone under the bus and have their reputations ruined just so you can "win"--disgusts me. It is scary how they can manipulate the true facts of the case and make so many wild claims---and they don't even have to prove it--but leave everything out there...

They don't really care what their statements may or may not do to actual victims of sexual assult...already they have it rough--now....They need the proof for that statement---that is a way to serious charge to just put out there to "win" a case.

I'm also upset over how casually they mention that Caylee wasn't missing now.....We've all known it--BUT why get upset over LE doing an investigation and given their information choose to act on it....I certainly hope that someone could somehow collect the funds put forth on the investigation that should never have happened IF what Baez stated was true---just an accident--WHY NOT SAY SO DAY 32??? AT LEAST BY DAY 35. It also doens't fly with me about the pary girl...I haven't lost a child, Thank God--but losing the family members I have --- there is no way I could go out a party right afterwards...

I could go on further and perhaps later I will, but at this time I truly am disgusted with this...they have made a court of Law (which according to jb is "sacred") a theater.....A place where one side actually seeks the truth and the other......LIES but attacks anyone else if perhaps they lie...They have made the littlest actual VICTIM CAYLEE --- nothing more than a whim...And I'm sorry I wish somehow someone could point out that any money her mother may have spent on her came from CA.....or whoever she stole from---

Oh yeah....the defendent is not a "child"----CAYLEE WAS THE CHILD and the defendent took that childhood away.....

Thanks at the bottom just didn't seem enough for this wonderful post, so let me say straight from me to you, THANK YOU!

I did not vote as I sincerely believe that a NG could hopefully lead to HUGE changes in our system of justice but I don't believe that this is at all attached to "having enough money". I think our current justice system has been forced to tip its hat in the direction of "political correctedness" to the point of becoming ridiculous.

moo

ETA - The HUGE changes that need to occur imo involve tipping back the scales to understand and ensure justice for the victim. In this case that we are discussing, Caylee Anthony.

I did not vote as I sincerely believe that a NG could hopefully lead to HUGE changes in our system of justice but I don't believe that this is at all attached to "having enough money". I think our current justice system has been forced to tip its hat in the direction of "political correctedness" to the point of becoming ridiculous.

moo

ETA - The HUGE changes that need to occur imo involve tipping back the scales to understand and ensure justice for the victim. In this case that we are discussing, Caylee Anthony.

I agree. I hope there are rules put in place to govern attorneys' behavior as well. If people want to be famous, they can go to Hollywood or play sports or something imo.

ITA...This has really changed my mind about our legal system...I get it--but strongly disagre with it. The performance that jb gave for his opening statement without facts to actually back it up was disgusting...Being able to throw anyone under the bus and have their reputations ruined just so you can "win"--disgusts me. It is scary how they can manipulate the true facts of the case and make so many wild claims---and they don't even have to prove it--but leave everything out there...

They don't really care what their statements may or may not do to actual victims of sexual assult...already they have it rough--now....They need the proof for that statement---that is a way to serious charge to just put out there to "win" a case.

I'm also upset over how casually they mention that Caylee wasn't missing now.....We've all known it--BUT why get upset over LE doing an investigation and given their information choose to act on it....I certainly hope that someone could somehow collect the funds put forth on the investigation that should never have happened IF what Baez stated was true---just an accident--WHY NOT SAY SO DAY 32??? AT LEAST BY DAY 35. It also doens't fly with me about the pary girl...I haven't lost a child, Thank God--but losing the family members I have --- there is no way I could go out a party right afterwards...

I could go on further and perhaps later I will, but at this time I truly am disgusted with this...they have made a court of Law (which according to jb is "sacred") a theater.....A place where one side actually seeks the truth and the other......LIES but attacks anyone else if perhaps they lie...They have made the littlest actual VICTIM CAYLEE --- nothing more than a whim...And I'm sorry I wish somehow someone could point out that any money her mother may have spent on her came from CA.....or whoever she stole from---

Oh yeah....the defendent is not a "child"----CAYLEE WAS THE CHILD and the defendent took that childhood away.....

But OH does the DT get defensive about their reputations! They threaten to sue and everything else for even daring to comment or ask them questions. Guess there are NO ramifications for the "Oh she wasn't really missing" revelation...despite months of the DT claiming she was, and even her getting bailed out under that pretense. We are allowing attorneys to have the power of royalty or aristocracy or something. It needs to end.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back