Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice? PART TWO

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking forward to when all of the money matters are exposed. I hope that the dishonest experts (I'm not saying they are all dishonest, but I think some are) have their pay taken back from them by LE as proceeds of crime. I wish whoever those benefactors (assuming there are some, I'm still betting on pics being sold, donations etc) would throw their money behind finding that poor 6 year old boy that has been missing 3 days and only has a $6500 reward being offered. If the As were kind people, they'd be encouraging people to do the same instead of trying to hawk their tshirts and have cheques sent to their home. Helping this family is such a huge waste.

From what I have read ,they have already checked out the money matters and they checked out.No I wont supply a link I do not save them and I am too busy to do the research for you. I have donated to both TES and The Anthonys, and I felt good doing it. My motives were to help in the expenses due to Caylee being missing. My Motive was a missing child and maybe ease a familys suffering.I have never kicked anyone when they are down. I never would.I know I would not be able to work if GOD FORBID I was in their shoes.I was taught not judge others thats GODS JOB.

If they are subpoenaed it will apply to them.

It is not being talked about because it is such normal operating procedure for the state to subpoena it's witnesses that it does not warrant a press conference. Lee's attorney is one of a kind.

If the Anthony's are seeking immunity they are most likely seeking true immunity, I won't be prosecuted. Not the "my words won't be used against me since you are forcing me to testify, but you can prosecute me anyway if you have the evidence" type provided by the subpoena.

Thank you for clarifying this for us. I thought that's the way it worked (very similar to where I live, except where I am you take the objection in the box and you are granted a certificate to cover your evidence from being used against you).

I agree LA's attorney is one of a kind, I wouldn't let him represent me on a parking ticket.

Thank you, IRH. I remember in the Scott P case there were rumours of the FBI just waiting for the murder trial to be over so they could grab SP. After the DP, there was nary a pounce. Probably all charges would be meaningless after the DP anyway.

I heard a couple of the same rumours in this case and wondered just what the FBI could/would charge. If you had to bet, would you look to see federal charges?

My personal guess is we won't see any federal charges related to false statements. If the family gets their ducks in a row and cooperates FULLY with the prosecution of Casey I don't think we will see any state charges against them. If Lee knows Casey killed Caylee and has evidence of such, if he turns states evidence for immunity that testimony will be a slamdunk conviction for the state. Keep in mind the penalty for accessory after the fact in Fl is the equivilent amount of time the crime you attempting to cover would earn. Short of the DP, they tried doing that and it got overturned at the supreme court level.

If it comes to light that the Anthony's absolutely knew Caylee was dead and they continued to solicit funds for a "find Caylee" front I do think we may see federal charges there. IF that happens I would expect to see KFN included in a conspiracy to collect funds. KFN being involved I think would actually increase the odds of charges since they are supposedly a legit 501c3 group, public outcry and all.

on HLN news. la atty is now saying the reasoning behind needing immunity is so that LE doesn't "misconstrue" anything la says....hmmmmmm where have we heard that one before....:bang::bang::bang::waitasec::woohoo:

on HLN news. la atty is now saying the reasoning behind needing immunity is so that LE doesn't "misconstrue" anything la says....hmmmmmm where have we heard that one before....:bang::bang::bang::waitasec::woohoo:

<Shaking head> If he wants a subpoena for his client all he has to say is that his client is not willing to voluntarily testify. Then the state can choose to order him to or go without his testimony. I am really starting to think this guy just wants to be on TV. If he is looking for a real immunity deal he should talk to the state instead of the media. Probably a more effective use of his time.

<Shaking head> If he wants a subpoena for his client all he has to say is that his client is not willing to voluntarily testify. Then the state can choose to order him to or go without his testimony. I am really starting to think this guy just wants to be on TV. If he is looking for a real immunity deal he should talk to the state instead of the media. Probably a more effective use of his time.

tend to agree...I'm tired of the lawyers coming to the public to clairfy their clients innocence in this whole thing.....odd---never before have I remembered them doing this so much...:furious:

From what I have read ,they have already checked out the money matters and they checked out.No I wont supply a link I do not save them and I am too busy to do the research for you. I have donated to both TES and The Anthonys, and I felt good doing it. My motives were to help in the expenses due to Caylee being missing. My Motive was a missing child and maybe ease a familys suffering.I have never kicked anyone when they are down. I never would.I know I would not be able to work if GOD FORBID I was in their shoes.I was taught not judge others thats GODS JOB.

:thumb: :thumb:
Way to go .... :cool:

I believe the A's use of the word "misconstrue" is to lay the ground rules for reserving the right to change their lies as you catch them in one.

My personal guess is we won't see any federal charges related to false statements. If the family gets their ducks in a row and cooperates FULLY with the prosecution of Casey I don't think we will see any state charges against them. If Lee knows Casey killed Caylee and has evidence of such, if he turns states evidence for immunity that testimony will be a slamdunk conviction for the state. Keep in mind the penalty for accessory after the fact in Fl is the equivilent amount of time the crime you attempting to cover would earn. Short of the DP, they tried doing that and it got overturned at the supreme court level.

If it comes to light that the Anthony's absolutely knew Caylee was dead and they continued to solicit funds for a "find Caylee" front I do think we may see federal charges there. IF that happens I would expect to see KFN included in a conspiracy to collect funds. KFN being involved I think would actually increase the odds of charges since they are supposedly a legit 501c3 group, public outcry and all.

WOW! I didn't know the penalty for accessory after the fact! No wonder everyone and his dog is courting immunity! I think of the 3 A's we will see LA testify for the trial.

Just wanted to add a thank you to Impatientredhead for all her posts. You explain things so clearly without lecturing or talking down. So nice of you. Thank you to BunnyP too who is also a great and gracious help.

Seems to be getting a bit heated in here. I for one want to see anyone and everyone who knew anything about Caylee's death or the disposal of her body to go straight to h3ll (oops) I mean jail...well jail first then h3ll...that's where they're all headed.

Thecloser tell us how you really feel! Don't be so shy! I am afraid I tend to react the same way to LA's lawyer. :)

These people are insulting to my cerebral convulsions. :crazy:

WOW! I didn't know the penalty for accessory after the fact! No wonder everyone and his dog is courting immunity! I think of the 3 A's we will see LA testify for the trial.

Just wanted to add a thank you to Impatientredhead for all her posts. You explain things so clearly without lecturing or talking down. So nice of you. Thank you to BunnyP too who is also a great and gracious help.

Yeah, in most states accessory after the fact has the same penalties as committing the felony - its insane. Its also accessory after the fact if you know about a crime and "go along" with it, rather than reporting it.

IMO I think that's why they are all running for immunity- If LA did conceal evidence, he'd MUCH rather the slap on the wrist for obstruction than the full 15-30 years for accessory.

Also, federal law is even tougher- you are eligible for the exact same sentence if you aide and abet without any mitigation (saying you were forced or something). If there is something bigger that the FBI is working on, I'd bet all the As are going to seek immunity from being charged as an accessory. Its scary! But it helps plea deals, its amazing how fast people will turn if they're faced with 15 years in federal prison... :)

Yes, something about "blanket" immunity vs. "use" immunity. Where nothing he says can be "used" against him to convict him of anything. However, if there is other "outside" evidence, other than his owne words, LE can still arrest and charge. Just not based on any "admissions" he would say

i think use immunity means nothing he says on the stand can be used to prosecute him, but he can still be prosecuted if other evidence exists. blanket immunity would mean no prosecution for his involvement with casey's crime. that's how i understood the distinction...

considering LE stated the house was a crime sence when they went back after the remains were found. I would not stay in that house.

It's hard to say what really are the crime scenes. I'm on another thread right now that is discussing the trunk of KC's car as a crime scene. So, until things come out in court, we won't really know for sure.

I personally think LA knows alot. I need someone to explain the significance of the difference between "criminal" immunity and the immunity that was being reported earlier. How are they different, or are they one in the same? Where is Impatientredhead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl