Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: Marla,

Agree. Most likely financial reasons. I would think the whole family could be having financial issues.

From what I can see, the family has done very well financially out of this....they were on the verge of foreclosure, now they haven't worked for more than 6 months, still have their home, can dine and stay at the Ritz, still have a couple vehicles, and are again asking for money by putting more "Find Caylee" tshirts on sale this week. They've also managed to pay one of the highest priced defence teams ever gathered to defend their daughter.

I wouldn't be surprised if LA loves the attention as much as the others and wanted to move home cause he wasn't getting enough where he was....his lawyer just seems to love putting his name in the press and to remind everyone that he is involved.

I liked my husbands theory after seeing a couple of clips of Lee's attorney. He said that this guy can't be an attorney and it has to be a Borat type stunt where he is just seeing how many interviews he can do and how many times he will be on TV before someone, anyone, figures out that he cannot possibly be an attorney. LOL. With this case, it really wouldn't be shocking would it?

Not at all! LOL! I do have a quick ? What does the FBI have jurisdiction over in this tangle? Besides their labs doing testing of course.

From what I can see, the family has done very well financially out of this....they were on the verge of foreclosure, now they haven't worked for more than 6 months, still have their home, can dine and stay at the Ritz, still have a couple vehicles, and are again asking for money by putting more "Find Caylee" tshirts on sale this week. They've also managed to pay one of the highest priced defence teams ever gathered to defend their daughter.

I wouldn't be surprised if LA loves the attention as much as the others and wanted to move home cause he wasn't getting enough where he was....his lawyer just seems to love putting his name in the press and to remind everyone that he is involved.

:wave: Yes, I understand about the financial issues involving the "charity", but that eventually has to come to an end .... that is mostly what I was referring to. I don't think they are paying for the defense team, jmo, but seems to be money of some benefactor.

Not at all! LOL! I do have a quick ? What does the FBI have jurisdiction over in this tangle? Besides their labs doing testing of course.

As far as charging the parties involved? There would be the false statements given to a federal officer, though I can't really see the Feds pursuing that type of case unless they are just trying to financially bury them in court and attorney fees. If the Feds are involved in charges at all I would think they would be financially related charges for collecting funds online and across state lines should that be proven to be true. MOO

AH! The benefactor factor! Wouldn't we just love to know who that is! Wonder if our opinions would change if we knew?

:wave: Yes, I understand about the financial issues involving the "charity", but that eventually has to come to an end .... that is mostly what I was referring to. I don't think they are paying for the defense team, jmo, but seems to be money of some benefactor.

I do not believe there's a benefactor. I think that's hogwash. There was a private person at the start of this who put out a big reward but that's been long gone.

As far as charging the parties involved? There would be the false statements given to a federal officer, though I can't really see the Feds pursuing that type of case unless they are just trying to financially bury them in court and attorney fees. If the Feds are involved in charges at all I would think they would be financially related charges for collecting funds online and across state lines should that be proven to be true. MOO

Thank you, IRH. I remember in the Scott P case there were rumours of the FBI just waiting for the murder trial to be over so they could grab SP. After the DP, there was nary a pounce. Probably all charges would be meaningless after the DP anyway.

I heard a couple of the same rumours in this case and wondered just what the FBI could/would charge. If you had to bet, would you look to see federal charges?

]I do not believe there's a benefactor.[/B] I think that's hogwash. There was a private person at the start of this who put out a big reward but that's been long gone.

Really?? You think the Anthony's are paying for the defense?

wow -
An Orlando station reports that Lee Anthony, the brother of jailed tot mom Casey, will get immunity if subpoenaed

Will get????

I am looking forward to when all of the money matters are exposed. I hope that the dishonest experts (I'm not saying they are all dishonest, but I think some are) have their pay taken back from them by LE as proceeds of crime. I wish whoever those benefactors (assuming there are some, I'm still betting on pics being sold, donations etc) would throw their money behind finding that poor 6 year old boy that has been missing 3 days and only has a $6500 reward being offered. If the As were kind people, they'd be encouraging people to do the same instead of trying to hawk their tshirts and have cheques sent to their home. Helping this family is such a huge waste.

Really?? You think the Anthony's are paying for the defense?

wow -
An Orlando station reports that Lee Anthony, the brother of jailed tot mom Casey, will get immunity if subpoenaed

Will get????

I think these reporters, and many others, and possibly even LA's attorney, don't know what they are talking about. It is one thing to not have your evidence in Court used against you (it's the way of getting around people taking the 5th), but that is not immunity from prosecution, only immunity from your testimony being used against you. I wonder if LA's attorney is dumb enough to not know the difference?

I also think the As may be paying for the defence, but think you might be right about a benefactor as well. I think they have sold lots of photos, probably received lots of donations etc and are using the donations to live and the other money to pay the defence team.

This entire family is so emotionally charged I don't know how they survived at all. The money they have spent and received for Casey is mind-boggling. They all have trouble with their jobs when a job may help them (at least them give a refuge), it would help them cope. Lee moved in to help them with research on the case. I know these people just don't leave it up to attorneys or cops. Cindy and Lee will take matters into their own hands and cause people who assist them nothing but grief.

Right now they are most likely monitoring boards to see what the public perception is. They also have to work at moving money around. I don't think GA is part of this but will do what he is told. He may be sent out for food and necessities.

Their mental health would improve if they confronted their daughter and embraced a higher power and then the public but they are going to fight this all the way.

Someone is helping this family....from the bail money to the house payments, they are receiving money. I imagine a big chunk arrived for the ABC video and that helps, now they will have to decide how to go on from here. They have PI's, lawyers, security, car payments, Casey costs. Money is arriving from somewhere.

I get the impression they want to establish some sort of non-profit (?)business in the child missing field...:rolleyes:

I think these reporters, and many others, and possibly even LA's attorney, don't know what they are talking about. It is one thing to not have your evidence in Court used against you (it's the way of getting around people taking the 5th), but that is not immunity from prosecution, only immunity from your testimony being used against you. I wonder if LA's attorney is dumb enough to not know the difference?

I also think the As may be paying for the defence, but think you might be right about a benefactor as well. I think they have sold lots of photos, probably received lots of donations etc and are using the donations to live and the other money to pay the defence team.

And why isn't the same subpoena immunity being talked about concerning george and cindy's immunity request?

Would the same not apply to them?:waitasec:

any links on meet and greet? To see if LA was there? on phone? at work? interesting to say where he was at that time.

This entire family is so emotionally charged I don't know how they survived at all. The money they have spent and received for Casey is mind-boggling. They all have trouble with their jobs when a job may help them (at least them give a refuge), it would help them cope. Lee moved in to help them with research on the case. I know these people just don't leave it up to attorneys or cops. Cindy and Lee will take matters into their own hands and cause people who assist them nothing but grief.

Right now they are most likely monitoring boards to see what the public perception is. They also have to work at moving money around. I don't think GA is part of this but will do what he is told. He may be sent out for food and necessities.

Their mental health would improve if they confronted their daughter and embraced a higher power and then the public but they are going to fight this all the way.

Someone is helping this family....from the bail money to the house payments, they are receiving money. I imagine a big chunk arrived for the ABC video and that helps, now they will have to decide how to go on from here. They have PI's, lawyers, security, car payments, Casey costs. Money is arriving from somewhere.

I get the impression they want to establish some sort of non-profit (?)business in the child missing field...:rolleyes:

My bold..

Is this ignorance? Arrogance? Or both?

I think Lee is attached at the hip to Cindy. I have never seen adult children leave there homes when they live down the street for a tragedy. Cindy has George. Lee could give support and still keep his own pad...

Your kids are supposed to be there for you when you need support, just like parents need to be there for their children in times of crisis.

I don't associate giving support with giving up your home. It is not normal to move out of your house in the same neighborhood to give support.

Maybe he moved back into the familial home in anticipation of charges being levied against him and not wishing for his own belongings to be left unattended at his old place.

At least now, if he IS arrested, his belongings are all safe at the Anthony home and not at risk of being stolen or ransacked.

And why isn't the same subpoena immunity being talked about concerning george and cindy's immunity request?

That's what I don't understand either .. :confused:

I assume because BC has a better understanding of the criminal law. He's trying to work an immunity deal which is a different thing.

If they are subpoenaed it will apply to them.

It is not being talked about because it is such normal operating procedure for the state to subpoena it's witnesses that it does not warrant a press conference. Lee's attorney is one of a kind.

If the Anthony's are seeking immunity they are most likely seeking true immunity, I won't be prosecuted. Not the "my words won't be used against me since you are forcing me to testify, but you can prosecute me anyway if you have the evidence" type provided by the subpoena.

Maybe he moved back into the familial home in anticipation of charges being levied against him and not wishing for his own belongings to be left unattended at his old place.

At least now, if he IS arrested, his belongings are all safe at the Anthony home and not at risk of being stolen or ransacked.

What about Mallory? Do you think she's no longer with Lee or do you think he wouldn't trust her to look after his stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019