Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. This is my first post, so please be gentle :) I noticed that when LA first starts discussing the laptop in his interview (page 54) he says "...actually when I got there originally it was, it was still, it was off at that point. But it was set up...It was set up, plugged in, on the kitchen countertop. Uhm, and when I turned it on so I can just try to see if I can get on the desktop there because I was curious..." Then later in the interview (page 57), the officer (Edwards) says "You said it was sitting there running on the 15th when you went to get it?" And LA answers "Exactly." Edwards says again further on about the laptop sitting there "running"--even talking about how it could have been sitting there running from the 9th to the 15th. Does it matter that LA first says he turned it on and tried to get to the desktop, but later says it was already running, and agreed that it could have been running for days? The only reason this bugs me is that I think he forgot what he had already said (that he had turned it on) which tells me he's lying. Why would he lie about it if he hadn't done anything? JMO

Welcome! I agree with you that it sounds fishy. I have thought it very strange that he was allowed to run and get Casey's stuff from Tony's apartment. He did so very quickly too - which makes me wonder if he was worried about what she might have left there that would not be favorable to her.

I totally understand why Lee would want to investigate himself - heck look at all of us! We don't even know the family and we want to know everything! So I can't blame him...if I had access I would really want to talk to people and look at stuff myself. But I am afraid that is may have been seen as interference by LE. He may also have gone one step farther and covered up something or misled someone...perhaps not even intentionally. I have long suspected that he looked on her computer and on her phone. I believe he is the one that might have changed some of the stuff on her computer and possibly the one at the A's house.

That also raised by eyebrows too when I listened to it the 1st & 2nd time I listened. I watched the body language with LA & KC when he asked that & thought it was odd. Why would a brother & sister not trust thier own parents? I also noted when he goes through the list of names of who to trust at some names KC winks at him (IMO) does this mean the opposite of the answer she was giving him? LA needed to lawyer up cause I think he withheld something he uncovered after the jail visit. Be it something in the house, messing with the laptop/home desktop, or with his amuteur PI investagation with her friends! I thought it was strange that she said not to bother with Annie who was one of her best friends. :waitasec: Another interview is Annie's that has not been released & you know LE had to of interviewed her too!

I'll have to watch again to see the wink. I missed that. I just wonder what Lee was referring to. I wonder if he's asking who she thought would rat her out or would rat both of them out. KC's says she wanted to trust Tony, but now she's on the fence. On the fence about what? Also, I've said this before, but, during a jailhouse phone call between Lee and KC, Lee asks her if "this was like before?" He was referring to Caylee being missing. What could possibly have happened before that would relate to Caylee being missing now? I went back to listen to that phone call and all of them have been taken off the news sites. Hmmm? Anyways, it really seems like the two of them have knowledge of something that isn't good.

Hi all. This is my first post, so please be gentle :) I noticed that when LA first starts discussing the laptop in his interview (page 54) he says "...actually when I got there originally it was, it was still, it was off at that point. But it was set up...It was set up, plugged in, on the kitchen countertop. Uhm, and when I turned it on so I can just try to see if I can get on the desktop there because I was curious..." Then later in the interview (page 57), the officer (Edwards) says "You said it was sitting there running on the 15th when you went to get it?" And LA answers "Exactly." Edwards says again further on about the laptop sitting there "running"--even talking about how it could have been sitting there running from the 9th to the 15th. Does it matter that LA first says he turned it on and tried to get to the desktop, but later says it was already running, and agreed that it could have been running for days? The only reason this bugs me is that I think he forgot what he had already said (that he had turned it on) which tells me he's lying. Why would he lie about it if he hadn't done anything? JMO

Great sleuthing! :clap:

Welcome aboard!

Would erasing the *advertiser censored* pics be considered obstruction of justice?? I am sure he did that based on some of the things that GA said in the FBI interview.

I just don't think that would be enough for obstruction of justice charges though. It has to be something we aren't aware of yet. IMO

I agree, but Lee also said that KC's yahoo emails were all deleted up until July 16th. He could have deleted more than just pics.

I'll have to watch again to see the wink. I missed that. I just wonder what Lee was referring to. I wonder if he's asking who she thought would rat her out or would rat both of them out. KC's says she wanted to trust Tony, but now she's on the fence. On the fence about what? Also, I've said this before, but, during a jailhouse phone call between Lee and KC, Lee asks her if "this was like before?" He was referring to Caylee being missing. What could possibly have happened before that would relate to Caylee being missing now? I went back to listen to that phone call and all of them have been taken off the news sites. Hmmm? Anyways, it really seems like the two of them have knowledge of something that isn't good.

Ok you guys have made me want to go back and listen to that again! I missed the winking, but I agree it is probably a list of who they think is on her side now. Not who was involved in a "kidnapping", but who they could count on to be on her side.

Was the jailhouse phone call you mentioned regarding "was this like before?" a jailhouse visit...or just a call from the jail to the A's home or Lee's home?

I agree, but Lee also said that KC's yahoo emails were all deleted up until July 16th. He could have deleted more than just pics.

Have all the LE interviews with Lee been released? LE knows exactly when those things were deleted off the computer. It seems like they would have questioned him about it if they were deleted during the time Lee was a Tony's collecting Casey's things.

Have all the LE interviews with Lee been released? LE knows exactly when those things were deleted off the computer. It seems like they would have questioned him about it if they were deleted during the time Lee was a Tony's collecting Casey's things.

The FBI interview is missing, not sure if anything else is.

Would erasing the *advertiser censored* pics be considered obstruction of justice?? I am sure he did that based on some of the things that GA said in the FBI interview.

I just don't think that would be enough for obstruction of justice charges though. It has to be something we aren't aware of yet. IMO
...and gosh knows what they were doing all night as they were setting up the website for Caylee.

But was the laptop taken by LE right away? Didn't it get taken later with the search warrant? He could have done it after it was brought back to the house. The yahoo emails could be deleted from any computer...with the password. Not the photos...but anything online like at yahoo or myspace.
But I agree Chilly - they know when they were deleted and I am sure they can determine who would have had access to do that.

But was the laptop taken by LE right away? Didn't it get taken later with the search warrant? He could have done it after it was brought back to the house. The yahoo emails could be deleted from any computer...with the password. Not the photos...but anything online like at yahoo or myspace.
But I agree Chilly - they know when they were deleted and I am sure they can determine who would have had access to do that.

I believe George allowed LE to take the computers on the 16th. They were turned over voluntarily, without a search warrant.

I hope they release more documents soon. I'm also wondering if they found anything on the computers they took from the search right after Caylee was found.

What brother not living with a sister know EXACTLY what to delete from sister's computer unless he helped in what was in there? I am wondering if LA was the photographer for his sister's bad photos. He had to know what was in her computer from the start. IMO, LA did his own investigation to cover up OTHER illegal stuff he and kc might of been in...............and intimidate some 'friends'....at that time little CAYLEE was only missing!......imo

And didn't CA say somewhere "this can't be happening again?"" or something to that effect?:waitasec:

That's when Lee took off trying to evade the media.

I have searched and searched for this reference. Can you provide it, please? I have been sadly hindered by my own ...... oopsidity.

LE knew Lee went to pick up Casey's belongings and were at the house when he returned with them. I don't see how they can use that against him now. They should have gone themselves if they felt the items were evidence.

ITA, the fact that from the moment Caylee was reported missing, it was then an investigation for a missing child. It has always bothered me that LE allowed anyone, including LA to go retrieve evidence, when in fact it should have been LE doing the job. At that point, everyone in Caylee's life was a possible suspect, until they were ruled out, that is standard procedure. Collection of any possible evidence should and is always done by investigators. Computer forensics will be able to tell what, if anything, was deleted during the time frame LA was in possession of KC's computer, but unfortunately, they might not ever know what, or if LA tossed out any other valuable evidence.

Ok you guys have made me want to go back and listen to that again! I missed the winking, but I agree it is probably a list of who they think is on her side now. Not who was involved in a "kidnapping", but who they could count on to be on her side.

Was the jailhouse phone call you mentioned regarding "was this like before?" a jailhouse visit...or just a call from the jail to the A's home or Lee's home?

It was in a phone call Lee made to KC or vice versa (to/from the jail). It was when KC was initially arrested and Lee was trying to get info out of her. I checked a couple of sites and they aren't listed on there anymore.

LE knew Lee went to pick up Casey's belongings and were at the house when he returned with them. I don't see how they can use that against him now. They should have gone themselves if they felt the items were evidence.

I look at this a bit differently.

I don't fault LE for not going themselves to pick up KC's things from TA's at all at that stage. This was only hours into the investigation, and at this point, I don't think any of KC's lies had been disproved yet to LE. At that point, they had there focus on the missing Baby and the 'suspect Nanny' - not on KC, her laptop, or her many male friends.

On the other hand, knowing KC as well as LA did/does, it doesn't strike me at all odd that he would have gone to retrieve her things. I have no links and nothing specific to cite, but just tossing these out there for you guys to chew on:

1. LA had already been trying to connect with KC in previous weeks (trip to track her down at the club, which she avoided)
2. Knows KC lies - might have wanted to see what he could surface that LE hadn't yet an inkling of
3. At that point in time, his niece was missing. I'd go looking to see if any of Caylee's things were at TA's, too.

But, that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members