Could this be how the world ends in 2012?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I believe the world will end on December 21, 2012..

• Yes

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 158 51.3%
  • Not 100% Sure Either Way.

Votes: 39 12.7%
  • Not if the Super Soft Feathered Brown Australian Emu saves the day!

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • The foil hats will save us by reflecting the flares.

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • only if idiots try to bomb us out of existence to make it happen on that day

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • only if it's also Superman's day off.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Not sure but kinda hoping it does.

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Only if the zombies get us

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Only if pigs fly

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • It's only going to be a cleansing of the gene pool

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ...tap..tap..tap..is this mic on?..hello, is anybody else here?..tap..tap

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
I remember the day the planets aligned and the world was suppose to end. I waited and waited years ago but it didn't end. I suppose it won't again. Our planet is one tough planet and will overcome.

I think our planet will change as change always takes place. We may shift but that is all there is to it Steely. Thanks for wake up call.

I will prepare anyway..:woohoo:

Goz

I remember the day the planets aligned and the world was suppose to end. I waited and waited years ago but it didn't end. I suppose it won't again. Our planet is one tough planet and will overcome.

I think our planet will change as change always takes place. We may shift but that is all there is to it Steely. Thanks for wake up call.

I will prepare anyway..:woohoo:

Goz

But this is the biggie of the biggies. A celestial lineup like this is only every 5,000 years or so. WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!! Especially the guy who came up with Charles in Charge idea, I hope. :shakehead:

I do think we may be in for some changes, and change is constantly occuring on our planet. I truly think the Mayans ran out of room on their calendar, or thought they had charted enough, and decided to end it with 2012 and this great change in the astronomy. I'm still happy I live in the middle of our continent mind you. Away from the shores, away from the volcanos and fault lines ( sort of). Im hoping to ride it out, or escape to Colorado where I hear we have a super secret goverment bio facility. In all seriousness, I dont think if it was going to be a major world spread catastrophe, every person in the know could manage to keep it a secret for too long.

I do think we may be in for some changes, and change is constantly occuring on our planet. I truly think the Mayans ran out of room on their calendar, or thought they had charted enough, and decided to end it with 2012 and this great change in the astronomy. I'm still happy I live in the middle of our continent mind you. Away from the shores, away from the volcanos and fault lines ( sort of). Im hoping to ride it out, or escape to Colorado where I hear we have a super secret goverment bio facility. In all seriousness, I dont think if it was going to be a major world spread catastrophe, every person in the know could manage to keep it a secret for too long.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm....

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Madrid_Seismic_Zone[/ame]

In a report filed in November 2008, The U.S. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Emergency_Management_Agency"]Federal Emergency Management Agency[/ame] warned that a serious earthquake in the New Madrid Seismic Zone could result in "the highest economic losses due to a natural disaster in the United States," further predicting "widespread and catastrophic" damage across Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri and particularly Tennessee, where a 7.7 magnitude quake or greater would cause damage to tens of thousands of structures affecting [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_purification"]water distribution[/ame], [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transportation"]transportation systems[/ame], and other vital [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrastructure"]infrastructure[/ame].<sup id="cite_ref-20" class="reference">[21]</sup>

Oh YEA! Another happy thread!

Has anyone seen Chicken Little?

But this is the biggie of the biggies. A celestial lineup like this is only every 5,000 years or so. WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!

If this happens every 5,000 years and we are all still here, does that mean the Young Earthers are actually right?!? :waitasec:

I've already told my family I am not going Christmas shopping in 2012.....LOL

I was watching an episode of Wife Swap and one set of parents actually believe the world is ending, so they bought TONS of crap cause ads said pay no interest till 2013! roflmao!

Personally, I think we are overdue for some "herd thinning" ...but the END of the world, nope.

I was watching an episode of Wife Swap and one set of parents actually believe the world is ending, so they bought TONS of crap cause ads said pay no interest till 2013! roflmao!

Personally, I think we are overdue for some "herd thinning" ...but the END of the world, nope.

BBM. ITA! Reminds me of one of my favorite bumperstickers (and I think one of our members has it as their siggy):

"Hey YOU!! Out of the gene pool!"

lol.........

I heart emus.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL-r3KjSouA&feature=related[/ame]

Oh YEA! Another happy thread!

Has anyone seen Chicken Little?

Too funny! No, I haven't TallCoolOne. But I bet she is somewhere in your state or mine - we are both located in one of those states predicted for disaster. I am in Alabama. Not going to worry about it - nothing can be done to stop earthquakes before they happen anyway.

I agree about the mayan calendar. I dont know why people thought the mayan had all the answers. These people played basketball with severed heads I dont think they showed the best judgement.

The world will end when the sun expands and engulfs the earth and collapses in on itself in about 5 billion years.
Now that doesnt mean the solar flares wont kill us.

Can anyone tell me which thread I left my foil hat??

155rw5c.jpg

I shall be fashioning myself a tin foil helmet in preparations for the event...just like BeanE!

The reason a solar storm like this is of more concern now than it was 100 or 1000 years ago, is because back then we did not have satellite and communication systems like we do now. The storm likely won't kill the earth, itself, but it could certainly cause horrendous problems for the way we live if it disrupts or outright fries all of the electronics, etc.

As for the story of a chunk of land falling into the ocean, there is no set date for it, but it was expected to be due to happen anytime, potentially, based on the areas history. It would not end the world, either, but it would generate a super-tsunami that would impact the US coastline and numerous other coastlines. The casualties would be quite high, potentially.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20
Back