Could this be how the world ends in 2012?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I believe the world will end on December 21, 2012..

• Yes

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 158 51.3%
  • Not 100% Sure Either Way.

Votes: 39 12.7%
  • Not if the Super Soft Feathered Brown Australian Emu saves the day!

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • The foil hats will save us by reflecting the flares.

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • only if idiots try to bomb us out of existence to make it happen on that day

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • only if it's also Superman's day off.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Not sure but kinda hoping it does.

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Only if the zombies get us

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Only if pigs fly

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • It's only going to be a cleansing of the gene pool

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ...tap..tap..tap..is this mic on?..hello, is anybody else here?..tap..tap

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
Aren't you just the bearer of happy news. lol:snooty: GO EMU!!!
12-21-12 = happy birthday to me, happy birthday to meeee.
Dh says it'll all be my fault.:innocent:

Is there anything that isn't your fault?

Did someone say Doomsday?

PS+200910+Marsfield-1-1.jpg

No Problem!
(Just gotta be back by naptime.)

I couldnt sleep so I thought I would visit the end of the world thread.

My 25 year old family member is completely freaked thinking the world is done. I plan to call him and play a recording of the emergency broadcast system. Later that day I am going to cut his power off at the main breaker and then after I will wait until he goes to sleep and call him pretending I am looking for survivors.

My 25 year old family member is completely freaked thinking the world is done. I plan to call him and play a recording of the emergency broadcast system. Later that day I am going to cut his power off at the main breaker and then after I will wait until he goes to sleep and call him pretending I am looking for survivors.

This guy is over the age of 13 and is convinced the world is going to end? :waitasec:

Aren't you just the bearer of happy news. lol:snooty: GO EMU!!!
12-21-12 = happy birthday to me, happy birthday to meeee.
Dh says it'll all be my fault.:innocent:
In 2012, my birthday will be on 12-12-12!!! How cool is that??? Just hope the world isn't destroyed before then...

In 2012, my birthday will be on 12-12-12!!! How cool is that??? Just hope the world isn't destroyed before then...

At least not until after the cake and ice cream! :D

Well the Mayans were wrong;

Linky

End of Days in May? Christian group spreads word
By TOM BREEN, Associated Press Tom Breen, Associated Press – Mon Jan 3, 10:01 am ET

capt.d5f15faa91824b95b15b9ccb34c6de3c-a4f1f6586fd34e20ae7de209a40fe3a4-0.jpg

AP – In this Dec. 17, 2010 photo in Raleigh, N.C., Allison Warden poses with her car showing a message about …

RALEIGH, N.C. – If there had been time, Marie Exley would have liked to start a family. Instead, the 32-year-old Army veteran has less than six months left, which she'll spend spreading a stark warning: Judgment Day is almost here.

Exley is part of a movement of Christians loosely organized by radio broadcasts and websites, independent of churches and convinced by their reading of the Bible that the end of the world will begin May 21, 2011.

To get the word out, they're using billboards and bus stop benches, traveling caravans of RVs and volunteers passing out pamphlets on street corners. Cities from Bridgeport, Conn., to Little Rock, Ark., now have billboards with the ominous message, and mission groups are traveling through Latin America and Africa to spread the news outside the U.S....

...Camping, 89, believes the Bible essentially functions as a cosmic calendar explaining exactly when various prophecies will be fulfilled.

The retired civil engineer said all his calculations come from close readings of the Bible, but that external events like the foundation of the state of Israel in 1948 are signs confirming the date.

"Beyond the shadow of a doubt, May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment," he said....

Ummm, what will he say on May 22nd while wiping the egg off his face? :waitasec::crazy:

More info on Harold Camping;

Link

False prophet Harold Camping sets another date for rapture: May 21, 2011
ReligionNewsBlog.com • Saturday January 2, 2010

Harold Camping lets out a hearty chuckle when he considers the people who believe the world will end in 2012.

“That date has not one stitch of biblical authority,” Camping says from the Oakland office where he runs Family Radio, an evangelical station that reaches listeners around the world. “It’s like a fairy tale.”...

...This is not the first time Camping has made a bold prediction about Judgment Day.

On Sept. 6, 1994, dozens of Camping’s believers gathered inside Alameda’s Veterans Memorial Building to await the return of Christ, an event Camping had promised for two years. Followers dressed children in their Sunday best and held Bibles open-faced toward heaven.

But the world did not end....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF3IpNU1Yu8[/ame]

So this guy was wrong before and yet people still believe him? :waitasec: I think I'll become an evangelist. That's where the money is! :rolleyes:

I love the little superman. :)

on a serious note: Jesus told us that no man know the time except for the Father.
Bible also says in the blink of an eye.

Might be a good time to have cameras ready just in case we see something weird from the planets lining up. To ???? have you read about the little island 400 miles out in the Pacific? the man that filmed or took pics, (I forget that too) found carved statues there, and said he discovered he was in the exact place when the lining up of the planets would be perfect. interesting.

I was just reading this thread, and the emergency broadcast system just did our monthly test while reading this! LOL I'm not even joking.

Pretty sure the end is nigh and it will not end with a bang but with all of us being knocked on the noggin with falling birds, dead fish and cows. Methinks the sky may actually fall.

perhaps I should start carrying a big ole umbrella?

The Mayans had a few calendars and they never predicted their own collapse.

People once believed the world was going to end in 2000! Now it's shifted to 2012.

Ok..

Ive read the entire thread...

come to find out., the tinfoil witch hat that ive been working on is no longer any good? not useful?

I was going to wear this for winter solstice on 2012?

2expijp.jpg

Dude,

My daughter lives right outside of Yellowstone.

Now I'm gonna have nightmares.....

Maybe I should get her an emu? She is Mormon, so she has a shelter and plenty of food.

Thanks for the heads up.:clap:

Shelter and food would not help where she is. Pretty much everyone within a wide radius would die quickly from hot gas (LOL) and air clogging ash, etc. Then, the ash would black out the sun and prevent life (plants growing, etc) from being viable over much of the northern hemisphere. People would survive around the world, mostly in the southern hemisphere but it would create mass migration and ecological disaster everywhere. It would have an effect like multiple nuclear bombs. Sounds fun, right!

I don't worry about it. I'd rather die at the beginning than live in bunkers or in a horribly altered world. My life ain't that precious to me. In fact, I don't understand why people freak about the possibility of the world ending by natural means. I would feel sad at the thought of wildlife and the wilderness being permanently destroyed, or the art and music of the ages disappearing with no one left to ever witness it. But if we're dead, we're dead. I'm more worried about things that are likely to occur like natural disasters, ecological disasters, war, etc. Guess I can't join the tin foil hat club after all. Darn it!

This is very mean and one of the funniest things I have read in awhile! Hilarious!

Well the Mayans were wrong;

Linky

End of Days in May? Christian group spreads word
By TOM BREEN, Associated Press Tom Breen, Associated Press – Mon Jan 3, 10:01 am ET

capt.d5f15faa91824b95b15b9ccb34c6de3c-a4f1f6586fd34e20ae7de209a40fe3a4-0.jpg

AP – In this Dec. 17, 2010 photo in Raleigh, N.C., Allison Warden poses with her car showing a message about …

RALEIGH, N.C. – If there had been time, Marie Exley would have liked to start a family. Instead, the 32-year-old Army veteran has less than six months left, which she'll spend spreading a stark warning: Judgment Day is almost here.

Exley is part of a movement of Christians loosely organized by radio broadcasts and websites, independent of churches and convinced by their reading of the Bible that the end of the world will begin May 21, 2011.

To get the word out, they're using billboards and bus stop benches, traveling caravans of RVs and volunteers passing out pamphlets on street corners. Cities from Bridgeport, Conn., to Little Rock, Ark., now have billboards with the ominous message, and mission groups are traveling through Latin America and Africa to spread the news outside the U.S....

...Camping, 89, believes the Bible essentially functions as a cosmic calendar explaining exactly when various prophecies will be fulfilled.

The retired civil engineer said all his calculations come from close readings of the Bible, but that external events like the foundation of the state of Israel in 1948 are signs confirming the date.

"Beyond the shadow of a doubt, May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment," he said....

Ummm, what will he say on May 22nd while wiping the egg off his face? :waitasec::crazy:

This is why I searched out this thread. My brother is obsessed with Camping and the whole May 21, 2011 thing. Now he's getting me obsessed. We plan to be on the phone together to await the worldwide earthquake that will rip open the whole earth, beginning in NZ, at around 11:00 p.m. pacific standard time on 5-20-11, and which will unearth every corpse that has ever been buried in the last 13,000 years, which is how old the earth is :crazy:, and the corpses who are elect will rise up to heaven with the rapture and the rest will rot on the earth. I think only four million souls total are elect. Then starts the period of tribulation for those of us not ascending, which will last until the end of the UNIVERSE, in October. Should be good times.

Camping believes in a Calvinistic form of predestination. You can't ask God to save you. Either he has elected you or you are out of luck. So, I'm not sure what the period of tribulation is for.

The sad thing is, this nut has followers. Tons. Many who are giving him his their last savings in the hope that God will have pity on them and chose to save them or in the hopes that their piousness will prove they are really among the elect. I can't decide if he's laughing all the way to the bank and will run off with his millions to Tahiti or if he really believes this codswallop. All I know is that my brother and I can't wait to see what he and his followers do on May 22, 2011. Although I hope no one kills themselves. And we hope Harold Camping, who is 89, lives to see the failure of his prediction. One month away!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicbexy
Back