Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Herkel's in the family tree.

Melanie had two bio daughters, Ashley and Nikki.
Bud had a daughter Melissa, son Michael, then an adopted son John (who passed before he and Melanie were together).
Then Bud adopted Justin.
Then Bud and Melanie marry.
They then adopt 12 more children.
One of those children, Bailey, who was the first DS baby and the second child adopted by them as a couple passed away in 2004 at 3.
Then last year Melanie's bio daughter Nikki passed away after a long illness related to her cp.

Ahemmmm - Is that you on Headline News? :blowkiss:

No not on HLN. I haven't and have no desire really to talk to the media. I just wanted this solved and for everyone to know how special and how loved Bud and Melanie were.

Thankyou so much, now where do the Herkel's come in like as Katie????

Katie Herkel is Jr's ex-wife. JR ( The ring lead of the crime) -- He claims Katie Herkel unlawfully took his daughter away from him. He has mad rants all over several myspace pages all done on or around June 15th.. He also proceeded to make up fake pages of local politicians and then in turn would post on one another pages about the situation.

Will someone link PassionFlower JR's myspace...from there you can read and it will make sense. He was VERY angry about his daughter and in turn we are trying to find a connection.

Living children then are
Ashley and husband (Melanie's)
Melissa (Bud's)
Justin (Bud's adopted son)
and then the adopted children (11 living? 1 deceased)
so far I'm following this

No not on HLN. I haven't and have no desire really to talk to the media. I just wanted this solved and for everyone to know how special and how loved Bud and Melanie were.

Ok - I totally understand - they are interviewing another of the children's teachers :) Her voice is so sweet and obviously sincere, I thought it might be you!

Katie Herkel is Jr's ex-wife. JR ( The ring lead of the crime) -- He claims Katie Herkel unlawfully took his daughter away from him. He has mad rants all over several myspace pages all done on or around June 15th.. He also proceeded to make up fake pages of local politicians and then in turn would post on one another pages about the situation.

Will someone link PassionFlower JR's myspace...from there you can read and it will make sense. He was VERY angry about his daughter and in turn we are trying to find a connection.

Bet Smothers (Lyle Simmons) fiance dumped her myspace page, because LPG Jr used it to contact her....!

THANKS so much, starting to get the connections now!!!

Living children then are
Ashley and husband (Melanie's)
Melissa (Bud's)
Justin (Bud's adopted son)
and then the adopted children (11 living? 1 deceased)
so far I'm following this

And Michael (Bud's)

and let's see adopted are J, M, N, J, E, E, R, T, A, K that is everyone so 10 living adopted.
2 adopted deceased John and Bailey

Awesome recap!!!!! I don't think that any of the kids, except "Bella" are Lpatricks though. Also, it's interesting to note that Rebecca's reply to him reads the picture of sanity, "go through the system, pay up your child support and arrange supervised visitation". It's LPatrick who wants his own sociopathic vision or nothing. This tragedy is an epic portrayal of a psychotic break - and that he enrolled so many other greedy, murderous co-conspirators is what makes it almost unbelievable.

Talk about the battle between good and evil!!!!!!

Exactly!

Although I think the littlest two (with the blondish hair) are his...

His narcisstic personality is stamped in BLACK and WHITE for all to see if you read his ramblings...

He says that Rebecca says he needs to hire a PI and pay support and then rants all over needing a PI to find HIS daughter....yet later in that blog...he copies and pastes Rebecca's email....where she kindly says, go to court and pay support...NOTHING about PI....

He is dramatic...wants all the world to look at him...IN FACT I would venture to guess that he sees himself as some sort of 'martyerish freedom fighter' in the killing of the Billings....

LPG Jr's thoughts are probably something like this:

He did what needed to be done...what he HAD to do...because no one else was going to do ANYTHING TO HELP HIM and besides it was their own fault...nobody should keep kids and their fathers away from each other...."I" have been wronged...

I'm afraid to go eat, I may come back to 10 more pages to read.
You guys are fantastic! Thanks.........

Okay, I can't help but feel we really need to dig into the debtors - Ann Simmons etc etc..

Also, can anyone please give a better explanation of these deed warranties and what exactly they mean? For me, I am looking at as the Billings either gave these properties away for a small amount of money or they lent money for these people to purchase these properties. Two different dollar amounts.

Someone earlier posted that the property the Phillips were living in went into foreclosure - so would this mean they owed the Billings money???

Exactly!

Although I think the littlest two (with the blondish hair) are his...

His narcisstic personality is stamped in BLACK and WHITE for all to see if you read his ramblings...

He says that Rebecca says he needs to hire a PI and pay support and then rants all over needing a PI to find HIS daughter....yet later in that blog...he copies and pastes Rebecca's email....where she kindly says, go to court and pay support...NOTHING about PI....

He is dramatic...wants all the world to look at him...IN FACT I would venture to guess that he sees himself as some sort of 'martyerish freedom fighter' in the killing of the Billings....

LPG Jr's thoughts are probably something like this:

He did what needed to be done...what he HAD to do...because no one else was going to do ANYTHING TO HELP HIM and besides it was their own fault...nobody should keep kids and their fathers away from each other...."I" have been wronged...

and he never thought of his other children, how sad for them now......but maybe with him in jail their lives will be better

Also, on one of the perps myspaces it says takin care of the Haters or something like that - I believe it was on the day of the crime.

Ok - I totally understand - they are interviewing another of the children's teachers :) Her voice is so sweet and obviously sincere, I thought it might be you!

I didn't see it. But I would venture to guess it was Susan Berry, principal of the school where some of the children attend, or Marie Kendrick or Christy Adams, teachers there who had a couple of the kids, including Nikki years ago.

I have taught 4 of the adopted children so far, (M, J, R, and T) I will have a 5th this year, E.

It is very hard you have to understand you can't have one of their children and not get to know them. They are very involved with their children's education and come to all the school events, field trips, etc. I became friends with them while their first child was in my class, now after all the years we saw each other often outside of school and talked often on the phone.

they were just super special people. IF you knew them, they loved you and you were better for it. Bud always greeted me with huge bear hugs and a beautiful smile. That is just how they were. They loved everyone, their kids, their family, and their friends unconditionally and with a passion.

Our world will be a much darker place without them.

Awesome recap!!!!! I don't think that any of the kids, except "Bella" are Lpatricks though. Also, it's interesting to note that Rebecca's reply to him reads the picture of sanity, "go through the system, pay up your child support and arrange supervised visitation". It's LPatrick who wants his own sociopathic vision or nothing. This tragedy is an epic portrayal of a psychotic break - and that he enrolled so many other greedy, murderous co-conspirators is what makes it almost unbelievable.

Talk about the battle between good and evil!!!!!!

That is the only child of LPG, but It seems that Coldiron is a very good possible link to twins who do exist and who by chance the Billings took in when his first adopted mom could not keep him. So very heart breaking and sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper