Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're a bunch of "clean cut" gangsters - IMHO, that in and of itself is a red flag for some kind of trafficking. They have drugs and violence in common (except for LPatrick - that's the strange part - he doesn't have any domestic violence or assault charges that I can find). But every single person he's associated with does - this is a mean crew.

I was searching for the wrong inmate in the wrong county. Sheesh.

Day laborer Wayne Coldiron turned himself in to Escambia County authorities and Leonard P. Gonzalez Jr. was arrested in neighboring Santa Rosa County, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said.

I am on pins & needles waiting for more info on this!!!!!!!!
This case is so tragic at its core & Im so sad for the family but I just cant help myself getting caught up in the backstory & getting anxious for more info to come out!
Id love to hear from "the ex" & hear her side of 'Bella's' story!
Linda-your sleuthing has been so amazing.........think you can dig that up for us?:)

My town was shocked to learn a respected couple pillars of the community, active in church, civil & social circles were busted for a variety of felonies. They had businesses that "fed off each other" & were found to have nefarious dealings between the companies & other criminal activties that reached to another continent. They were one of the most well-to-do families in town. I know 3 generations of them....nice people, good people. Generous donations & charitable work can mask other qualities....... just saying .... relating a little about my town.

Vespa, I'm praying for probable cause statements tomorrow. I bet the judge seals them though.

8 1/2 hours till the courts open.......

Hi, I've been sitting here catching up on all the posts on her for about 3 hrs now! whew! I live here in Beulah about 2 miles from the Billings home.
Granny P mentioned that "Byrd" was a common surname, but not a common given name; I agree. People in this area of the country often name their children after a family surname, i.e. Byrd.
Byrd Billings was his legal name, but everyone around here knew him as "Bud". Just thought I'd share that; could be of interest.

Welcome to WS dillydo!

Tell us about the Billings' businesses & activities other than their work with fostering & adoption. Do they have a large extended family?

As a local, had you heard of the suspects before this? Are there other observations you can share? What is the local scuttlebutt?

Here is LPG Jr's booking info and mugshot. If the link doesn't take you to his page just enter his name and search both current and released inmates.

He looks pleased. I think the guy is insane.

http://portal.srso.net/smartweb/jail.aspx

Suzi--it looks like he has been released? Or maybe I am reading it wrong. Can you check it out for us, again, please?

Suzi--it looks like ha has been released? Or maybe I am reading it wrong. Can you check it out for us, again, please?

I'm hoping like heck that is a mistake!

I have never heard of these suspects before today. Local speculation is all over the chart; There has only been one person that I've heard speculate that this was a business related retaliation.
The Billings are well know here in P'cola. I have never heard anything negative about them; ever. They are well loved by the community.
Just FYI, "Beulah" is the community where we live, but out physical addresses are "Pensacola, FL 32526".
I know this sounds crazy, but today my friend and I drove by the street where the red van was found...its not far from where I work! We were headed out to do some shopping and its literally right on the way. Nothing suspicious was going on; mostly run down homes, trailers, a few older homes that the older owners are trying their best to maintain. My husband who is a native of Pensascola explained to me that this was once a fairly decent part of town. Nothing I could see except for one guy out mowing his lawn!
I know all this info may not help too much but I'm more than happy to try and "paint a clearer picture" of this from a locals standpoint! I'm now anxiously waiting for news tomorrow!

Linda, did we ever figure out who Alan Guirguis is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah