Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome PCOla, we appreciate the local insight.

I agree with you about the how paths can cross but not actually be completely connected!!

Thank you.

I remember my brother in law telling me just how many Big-Wigs are involved in that hunting lease from Pensacola. Ex-sheriff Ronnie Mc is one of the members he'd told me about. He also told me how they (the hunting camp big wigs) had helped him regain custody of his son, without ever having a day in court!

Like always when people with power get together any thing can happen just b/c of a request from another.

I really need to talk with him again, but he has jury duty today.

PS,
I wonder if any of these guys worked at that hunting lease?

Thanks to all the locals, You really help to find important info out there.

IF it is the same Larry Plumley, it's in-terrrr-est-ing that he and Little Poff (allegedly) share the same predilection.

Chuck

Can't get video from pnj.com - could someone post the gist of the presser?

Chuck

IF it is the same Larry Plumley, it's in-terrrr-est-ing that he and Little Poff (allegedly) share the same predilection.

Chuck

I agree !By the way on a legal court document his middle name is listed as M.

wow they believe 6 - 8 people involved?

from the press conference live (on headline news and cnn, plus local, so far as I know)

they are looking for 6-8 people involved -- he has not confirmed if that's in ADDITION to the 3 so far arrested

a 2nd vehicle pulls up also...a metallic color of an escalade

2 different teams enter the house -- 1 team in the front, 1 team in the back

...continuing...

Hello! I just joined! I was so anxious to get my membership because I've been dying to tell you guys how amazing you are and thank you!!! When I first heard about the story, I wanted to know a motive so badly. First official reports were indicating it was a random act of violence and that was frightening enough, but now seeing that it's just layers upon layers... :confused:

I've been reading everything I can about this. Sorry I am a total newbie and will have to go back and find the sources, but here are somethings that jump out at me - just speculation.

I read somewhere that Byrd's bio son died from choking during an argument with his girlfriend. There was speculation that there was foul play, but it was stressed that it was an accident. It's just so bizarre to have something so tragic happen then, now we learn about the the murder-suicide of the Billing's debtor, and now this? So very bizarre.

Also during the family's presser this morning, Ashely was asked how she learned about the murders and how she reacted, but they said she couldn't answer that due to the continuing investigation. Just seems odd to evade a seemingly benign question. Perhaps the manner in which Ashely found out is tied to the suspects? Maybe she was contacted by them?

Sorry if it's not much help, but just my speculation. :)

Thanks for letting me join the discussion!

...continuing...

looking for people possibly in Okaloosa county -- 2 counties East of Escambia

the rear team entered through an unlocked utility door...they don't believe it was left unlocked intentionally.

the sheriff made a comment that it's not uncommon for people in Escambia county to leave their doors unlocked --

edit: these were my comments: [MAYBE in certain communities in the mid to northern end of the county -- but anywhere around Pensacola proper and south, you BETTER leave your doors locked.]

...continues...

MOTIVE?
This could be as simple as a local rumor or one of those somebody heard from a friend of a friends ex brother in laws sister who heard from a ex boyfriends mother that her neighbor heard that the family kept a safe in the bedroom full of cash or gold etc etc. This really could be a bunch of interconnected losers,all with their own motives,getting together to target a wealthy family thinking they were pulling off the crime of the century........oops I shouldve said a bunch of STUPID,interconnected losers as thats what they are........they seem to have used piss poor planning in targeting a high profile family who had top notch security on their property .I also think such a heap of people being involved will be their undoing as too many = too many loose lips.Its going to continue to be an interesting journey with this one............

...continuing...

the sheriff wouldn't name the "mastermind"

he also stated it to be a crime of "robbery"

still won't say what, if anything, was taken

sheriff just said the reason poff changed his name was b/c his mother remarried and he decided to change his own name

...continues...

from the press conference live (on headline news and cnn, plus local, so far as I know)

they are looking for 6-8 people involved -- he has not confirmed if that's in ADDITION to the 3 so far arrested

a 2nd vehicle pulls up also...a metallic color of an escalade

2 different teams enter the house -- 1 team in the front, 1 team in the back

...continuing...
Wow! It does sound like a commando style raid. Does anyone know if they were actually seen leaving with anything? What did they possibly hope to come out with?

...continuing...

a reporter asked about the children involved and if they were concerned about their safety -- sheriff said no.

sheriff just said "they would have been in a location where they would have observed the intruders" after a reporter asked to clarify what he meant by children observed the intruders

there were 8 kids in the home + the 1 who left the home to seek assistance

he would not comment about why the children were not harmed when asked

looking for 3 black males + 1 white male, and they are "speaking at this time to 3 of that number"

...continues...

:Welcome-12-june: To All the Locals

Wow! It does sound like a commando type raid. Does anyone know if they were actually seen leaving with anything? What did they possibly hope to come out with?

I would venture to guess money is at least one of the motives.That couple did not stand a chance against this type of assault.Its a very good thing they had these cams set up and also a good thing the perps were so dumb to use an older gigantic red van.

...continuing...
suspects:

4 in the van (3 entered + 1 driver)
3 in the other vehicle (2 entered + 1 driver)

5 in the house during the invasion + 2 drivers waiting in the vehicles

sheriff just said this was "very methodic"

reporter asking about the bigger investigation..."is this the end; have we seen all of the suspects in this case?"

Sheriff: "I would not speculate on that at this point."

so far they are saying it is by mutual friendship how they all knew each other

they are going to release a photo from a Gulf Breeze Walmart parking lot video of 3 individuals -- 2 black males that they are looking for and in the center is poff/jr...said it's from about 2 weeks ago.

...continues...

Here is the jist of the latest press conference:

In addition to the 3 white males that we were previously told were involved there are now 3 black individuals involved as well.

They released a second surveillance tape that shows a second vehicle that pulls up only to the end of the drive and the 3 black individuals come through the wooded area near their home and enter on the other side of the home from the 3 white males in the van.

So there are 7 individuals involved right now. They have 3 in custody. The mastermind of the tragedy is currently in custody.

they are questioning more indivduals 2 counties over from us right now. They also said they expect to make one or more arrests today. He says that they have identified 2 of the black people.

He says it will be a long time before they will be able to piece together to figure out why this family was selected. He again re-iterated that they have no evidence that the family is tied to the assailants in any way, including Bud's business dealings.

He also stated that none of the children are tied to these people.

He says that the man's missing daughter has nothing to do with the case.

He says that atleast 3 of the kids had encounters with the intruders.
May these bastards all rot in hell!

I've not posted on here before but I just have tell you that I knew these people personally. I've known them for many years as I taught many of their children and we developed a friendship over the years.

I know it is hard to believe in this day and age. But these are genuinely good people. WOnderful to anyone whoever came in contact with them. I loved them with all my heart and their loss is devastating.

I just wanted you all to know that. These were wonderful people and we loved them with the fierceness that they loved others in their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove