Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, she lives in Proper. Proper refers to GB city limits. I don't live in Proper (too expensive for me!), though I have a GB address as did Jr. We live a few miles outside of Proper.

I don't get it.

Alright well I can't post all my thoughts because it has names of "juveniles" - But look at Michael - is that possibly Michael Billings - the kids names are kinda close is all I am saying. I don't know how to post this properly :confused:

Defintely not defending anyone. BUt it was DUI manslaughter, which at least in my mind is very different than a manslaughter that is hands on or more thought out.

Sorry, to me getting into a car and driving drunk is a crime. Then he left the scene of the accident. Just saying - sorry, have another case where perp constantly drunk drives!!! :blowkiss:

~~~snipped

She is a realtor who is well known in the Gulf Breeze area near where the robberies and killings occurred in Pensacola.

Authorities want to talk to Long as a witness, he said. They have had no contact with Long for 48 hours, which has them "concerned," according to Morgan.

Authorities believe it was someone's job to disable the equipment before the break-in was carried out, but that person failed to do so.

"The execution of the operation was flawless except for surveillance system," Morgan told reporters. "Why was sytem left on in an otherwise perfectly executed murder?"

He said detectives have outlined at least one other person of interest in addition to Long.

He said authorities have all seven of the men who robbed the Billings home and killed the couple in custody, classifying the murder as "solved."

More at link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,532723,00.html

Sorry, to me getting into a car and driving drunk is a crime. Then he left the scene of the accident. Just saying - sorry, have another case where perp constantly drunk drives!!! :blowkiss:

No I totally agree. I'm in the middle of lawsuit from permanent injuries that I have from being hit by a drunk driver last year.

It is just different than this type of crime which takes intention, forethought, and planning.

OK folks, those of you that have been here for a while and those that are new:

PLEASE be careful. Don't throw accusations around wildly. There's no reason to hurt the innocent with baseless speculation!

Right now I'm going back into the first thread to delete some links related to the children of the victims that should never have been posted. While I'm doing that, look through your posts here and delete anything that should not be here.

Do not create more victims than we already have.

Thank you.

Bumping wonderful mod. 's post for those that may not have seen it.:)

Police: Another Person of Interest Identified in Murders of Florida Couple

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

DEVELOPING: Police in Florida named another person of interest in the home-invasion murders of a Florida couple known for adopting special needs children.

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan identified the latest person wanted for questioning in the murders of Byrd and Melanie Billings as Pamela Laverne Long.

Long has several aliases and is currently in hiding or on the run, Morgan told reporters Wednesday, holding up a photo of her at a news conference.

Authorities want to talk to Long as a witness, he said.

"Our intent is not to harass Miss Long. We need to speak to Miss Long," Morgan said.

Morgan said it is significant that the surveillance camera was not disarmed at the time of the robberies, which he has described as "well planned" and well executed." Morgan said he believes it was someone's job to disable the equipment, but that person failed to do so.

More at link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,532723,00.html

From above article:
"His father, Leonard Gonzalez Sr., 56, was charged with evidence tampering after authorities said he tried to cover up some damage on a red van seen on surveillance video pulling away from the house. Officials said the damage was unrelated to the crime."

OK, so the above link states that the father is in trouble for fixing damage to the van seen pulling away, but states also that the damage was unrelated to the crime. :waitasec: So, why is he in trouble if it is unrelated???? Pardon my stupidity. :rolleyes: Thank you to whomever can straighten me out.

Alright well I can't post all my thoughts because it has names of "juveniles" - But look at Michael - is that possibly Michael Billings - the kids names are kinda close is all I am saying. I don't know how to post this properly :confused:

No that couldn't be Michael Billings. He is practically the same age as this lady and that photo says her son.

The only other similarities I see is her DIL is named NIkki, but again not an uncommon name and that definitely isn't Nikki Billings.

Then there was Kristina, similar to Kristyn.

None of those things are real connections.

No that couldn't be Michael Billings. He is practically the same age as this lady and that photo says her son.

The only other similarities I see is her DIL is named NIkki, but again not an uncommon name and that definitely isn't Nikki Billings.

Then there was Kristina, similar to Kristyn.

None of those things are real connections.

Thanks!!! That is why I posted it - to rule or to rule out :blowkiss:

OK, so the above link states that the father is in trouble for fixing damage to the van seen pulling away, but states also that the damage was unrelated to the crime. :waitasec: So, why is he in trouble if it is unrelated???? Pardon my stupidity. :rolleyes: Thank you to whomever can straighten me out.

It's because he was doing it in an attempt to disguise the van so it couldn't be found.

This woman is a realtor?

Could she be the one who sold this property to the Billings? Or could she have shown the property when it was on the market?

She would have known the layout of the house--she would have known exactly where the master bedroom was.

As I recall, the intruders went directly to the master bedroom.

This woman is a realtor?

Could she be the one who sold this property to the Billings? Or could she have shown the property when it was on the market?

She would have known the layout of the house--she would have known exactly where the master bedroom was.

As I recall, the intruders went directly to the master bedroom.

I don't know about selling them the land, but the house was never on the market. Melanie and Bud built this house so that it was specifically set up for the kids.

I don't know about selling them the land, but the house was never on the market. Melanie and Bud built this house so that it was specifically set up for the kids.

Thanks for that info. I can now remove that theory from my overworked grey matter.

I'm wondering too why the DEA is now involved in this investigation. Anyone have theories to share?

If you read through the threads, you'll see that racketeering, money laundering, drugs and especially a car theft ring are all a possibility in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah