Crime Scene Animation by Websleuths Member grayhuze

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree Hartfield...your description of why Travis would stand in front of the sink, is exactly what I have thought all along. Great Post.

I believe Travis was aware that Jodi was there since the shower door was open for all the photos that we see in the camera. I have a video on that as well.
I didn't mean to sound doubtful of that, just whether or not she was holding him at gun/knife poiint while she took the pictures. I'd assumed knowledge and complicity on his part up to the attack.

I agree that the shower photos and at what point Travis knew she was there is one of the interesting topics.

I had never considered that maybe Jodi hit the shower first before Travis. Interesting.
Since one of the pics shows her wearing pants while dragging Travis, would that be a reason why she may have not taken a shower first?

Whether or not she took a shower before Travis did, I do think she probably took one afterwards to clean herself up. Which is real creepy to think about and shows how stone cold she is because it would mean she had to have showered with Travis being dead in the shower. Gives me chills just thinking about it. Uggg

The cleaning up after process is one I've pondered myself from time to time. Given the morbidity of showering with a corpse I've wondered if she would have just gotten in the tub with running water.

As far as showering beforehand, she may not have; I just thought if, as the *advertiser censored* pictures suggest, some hanky panky had gotten on it may have seemed strange to not rinse off a bit before getting back into her clothes - which as you point out she obviously was during the attack.

The cleaning up after process is one I've pondered myself from time to time. Given the morbidity of showering with a corpse I've wondered if she would have just gotten in the tub with running water.

As far as showering beforehand, she may not have; I just thought if, as the *advertiser censored* pictures suggest, some hanky panky had gotten on it may have seemed strange to not rinse off a bit before getting back into her clothes - which as you point out she obviously was during the attack.

They had hanky panky around 145pm. Shower scenes of TA start around 5:22. I think she showered first checked his phone and snooped and got ready while he probably napped right after sexy time. She was on pc checking his flight info at southwest at 4:54pm. Anyways.. They found nearly his entire set of steak knives in his cleaned dishwasher so for me again it shows she used weapons available to her RIGHT then when her original plan failed and the shot wasn't immediately available. The bullet recovered from the pool of blood was not spent correct?

The bullet path shows it passing behind his right eye, the shock wave from the bullet being so close to the back of his eye tissue had to be strong enough to cause near blindness in that eye for some time. Though it was temporary I believe that this was a factor in his movements and reactions. I've seen many tests done by firing bullets through gel that is the consistency of human flesh and the shock wave, even with a .25 caliber bullet would be quite a jolt. In a lot of cases it can cause permanent damage. I don't believe the shot was first but Gray's videos at least have made me have second thoughts. I believe she was so filled with pent up rage that she wanted to watch him suffer with every wound that she inflicted. If the shot had killed him quickly it wouldn't have satisfied her. He had to pay for every thing that she imagined that HE did to HER.

This thread is great! Thank you grayhuze for all of the interesting and chilling reenactments. And thank you WSers for all of the evidentiary discussions.

That's one of the images I would like to see. I heard that described at trial but haven't seen the image of it. I would like to place a rod from the entry point down through that skull an see how that lines up with the brain. to me it looks like the bullet went under the frontal lobe.

Here's a pic of it:

skullautopsy.jpg

Regarding the possibility of JA using a stun gun, I think there was a photo of 2 marks on Travis body that looked about the right size of a possible stun gun marks. I think some of the past stun gun discussions had included that picture in some of the discussions.

I dont have that pic handy but I do remember seeing it and it did look like the marks could have possibly been made by a stun gun, but then again its like a lot of things with this case.

I think we will always have 2 camps with the Gun First or Gun Last. I think it is good to have healthy debates on it, and we all just need to be careful to respect everyone's opinions.

These new animations are great and another "tool" that can be used.
Thanks for providing them to us here at WS.

Here's a pic of those marks:

travisbackmarks.jpg

Please try to stay on topic with discussions regarding the videos.

Thanks, Lambchop

The bullet path shows it passing behind his right eye, the shock wave from the bullet being so close to the back of his eye tissue had to be strong enough to cause near blindness in that eye for some time. Though it was temporary I believe that this was a factor in his movements and reactions. I've seen many tests done by firing bullets through gel that is the consistency of human flesh and the shock wave, even with a .25 caliber bullet would be quite a jolt. In a lot of cases it can cause permanent damage. I don't believe the shot was first but Gray's videos at least have made me have second thoughts. I believe she was so filled with pent up rage that she wanted to watch him suffer with every wound that she inflicted. If the shot had killed him quickly it wouldn't have satisfied her. He had to pay for every thing that she imagined that HE did to HER.
I think once the stabbing began, it was cathartic for Jodi.

do you have a larger image of the body where those are located? I would think both marks would be equal in size.
weird, is that one of jodi's hairs on Travis' body. Travis had very short hair so it can't be his. That is more interesting to me.

do you have a larger image of the body where those are located? I would think both marks would be equal in size.

Here ya go (rather graphic so fair warning to others):

travis4crop.jpg

weird, is that one of jodi's hairs on Travis' body. Travis had very short hair so it can't be his. That is more interesting to me.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's her hair. :(

May I ask how we've gone off-topic in this thread? Am I mistaken in believing that no poster who touts themselves as a professional or expert is above skepticism and question?

I have to say that I'm not particularly impressed by an expert who becomes defensive/deflective when disagreed with and boasts the cost of a 3D model that was used, claims to have no knowledge or experience in certain areas that should be considered very important when forming and illustrating their conclusions, and uses "because it just makes sense" as supporting evidence. And essentially accusing the PT and its experts (ones with real credentials and experience in their fields) of perjury IN his videos rather than simply focusing on evidence.

Retrofitting evidence to a conclusion does not science make. Buying an expensive toy does not an expert make. Perhaps the proper term is "data scientist."

I am an expert animator. Whatever someone who hires me to make I will make. These videos I made on my own. I am not sure what your point is. The topic wasn't about the dura mater. I actually wanted to make animations for people using my models.

It's incredible that that one piece of information that was so critical was a typo. Like you said, a bullet can pass through the skull without breaking the dura mater...at least one that is claimed to have hit the brain. I wish he had done the rod trajectory test or whatever you call it.
BBM
I'm not sure who said this, but it isn't true.

A bullet cannot pass through the skull without breaking the dura mater.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back