Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the 11pm wesh Orlando news, just reporting:

"Skip Davis", a free-lance producer working for the Anthony's was interviewed at the memorial.

He stated he will be removing it, I believe tomorrow.

This cause a heated exchange between mourners and the man, Skip Davis, who said he was going to remove it, on behalf of the family.

Part of the heated exchange was also captured on camera and aired about 2 minutes ago.

What I originally posted on the matter was reported by Patrick Pagues, of Fox Orlando on the 10pm news. No one was interviewed in that segment as it was info passed on by the reporter.

I hope this is sufficient context. It's really all I have at this point.:blowkiss:

My opinion is that at a point in time when mourners are still leaving items at the memorial, it is premature to take it down.

A free-lance producer?! wtf for?

Let me start by saying that I am not having a lot of warm and fuzzy feelings about the Anthony family....

But when it comes to the memorial I am a little bit biased. I have been in a situation where a memorial for my loved one was placed in a very public location and it is not any easy decision to make-whether or not to leave a memorial up or to take it down .

Now, I am not sure whether the memorial being referenced is the one near the Anthony home or the one near the site of the body. Ours was at the site of death, which I drove by every day and it was EXTREMELY difficult to look at that "marker" every single day, twice a day. So we decided to one night in the middle of the night after a few days and took the stuff home. Than we did it again a few days later and, after a couple of weeks things died down . But each time was so very painful.

I can't imagine them wanting to remove the memorial by the house- they ALWAYS want to remember there granddaughter, right? But I can VERY MUCH understand why they would not want the memorial by the site where she was found.

Can someone let me know which memorial it was they want to remove?

I do find it odd that they are donating the stuff. While it seems like a nice gesture, I think the things should be placed in Caylees room. They were meant for her and her alone ...JMHO

but then how did the meter reader call on those dates claimed, if it was already underwater? I am confused now.:confused:

She didn't say how deep the water was. Maybe the bag was in some water at that time and that is why the meter reader didn't check the bag out himself? Didn't he report there was a terrible odor?

One of the neighbors said that area was wet all summer and had only been "dry" for 1-1 1/2 weeks when Caylee was found.( I don't think that meant it was dry- maybe just no standing water-it sure didn't look dry). I heard that on a live news interview the day she was found.

So many details and confllicting info. I hope it all comes together eventually.
If she takes a plea and there is no trial, I guess we'll never know.
Will they ever release the last 2 search warrants in a document dump?

Does anyone remember when alot of posters sent Flowers for Laci Peterson and filled that boat up..It was awesome an I know when I sent a wreath it made me feel closeness to her an Conner.

I just think in this case it is a way for people to do something to say "We will never Forget you Caylee.."

I loved being part of that. geregos wa soooo angry! lol

wouldn't it be extra special if a neighbor on hopespring would allow a memorial on a small space of their lawn?

Maybe a human chain around the memorial would stop them .......at least temporarily :mad:

I understand where you're coming from, IrishSweetOne, (see my last post) but I can't see how this kind of outpouring would be healing. We need to think of something that would be more constructive. Like the last few posters have said "this will consume our lives with conflict" -- And that's what we have to fight against. MOO

Thanks IrishSweetOne.

I would agree that personally I think tomorrow is too soon. But perhaps they have reasons they think are reasonable. Like bad weather approaching, or perhaps wanting to make sure the "donations" to the memorials can be given to charity before they become too worn or weathered outside. I think donations to charity make much more sense and pay a much better tribute to Caylee than leaving the items by the gruesome site where her body was discovered. What a painful memory that highlights. We might not agree with the timing, but they could be acting out of good faith. Whether we think they are right or wrong.

As to their having the right to donate the memorial items...I think as the grandparents of the deceased child they probably feel they have the right. I think if it were a memorial for my child I would feel that way. Not everyone does...but I would.

Though I don't agree with everything they have done, I do feel like they really can't do anything at this point without someone criticizing them. And I am sure I will be criticized for not attacking them on this issue. LOL

It would be nice if someone who lived on the adjoining property would offer up their area as a memorial, just for a couple weeks. I would do that if I lived there - in a heartbeat.

i swear i didn't see you had already posted this. lol it would be wonderful if someone would do that.
then the alleged:rolleyes: killers family wouldn't be able to touch it.
imo

Maybe a human chain around the memorial would stop them .......at least temporarily :mad:

I don't see that happening unfortunately but I wonder when will someone -ANYONE - stand up for Caylee and say "NO"! "This memorial is in honor of her, (not you CA!) it is in recognition of HER life (not your's CA), and it is also a way for those who have come to love her (not you CA!) over the past 6 months, upon hearing of her disappearance, can find some closure".

CA haven't you done enough already?!

The memorial? Anyone? Has it already been torn down? Because I could read the statement by their attorney as meaning they plan to donate the items to charity WHEN they take it down. Which is exactly what people on this website have been yelling at them to do all along with things left on their property. Now that they say they are doing that....everyone is still complaining. I would like to know whether it has been torn down already - in which case I would agree that it was probably too soon.

it's only been a couple of days now. they are making it sound as if they will destroy it right away.
imo, at least a week or so would be nice.
Caylee deserves that at the very least. :(
imo

i swear i didn't see you had already posted this. lol it would be wonderful if someone would do that.
imo

drip~drop maybe the more that we post the notion, someone might read it and initiate something along these lines...We can hope. :blowkiss:

imo

Why can't people just donate in Caylee's name? Or have a private memorial at their own house? Why do they feel the need to shove it in the Anthony family's face? Only Casey has been indicted for the murder...not the rest of the family. You may not like them or the way they have handled things...but I find it very cruel to suggest their feelings should not be considered right now. imo

I don't get the whole leaving memorials on a side of a road for car accident victims either.
Personally I think sending them to the funeral service is more apt

OR even as Caylee has touched thousands upon tens of thousands of people -
A Caylee Marie Anthony fund or similar where people could donate money to go towards looking for OTHER MISSING Children who are not so Front page news..
(bless her little heart)
I think people express their grief in their own way. There is no hard and fast rule as to how they should express themselves...what they should or shouldn't do. Those that live nearby have lived with this for 6 months. I cannot fault them for flocking to the site and leaving something in remembrance. A child here in my town was hit by a car and his young friends left flowers, pictures, notes at the side of the road. They NEEDED to do this. They expressed themselves in the only way they knew how. JMHO

I don't know the family, but I live in Orlando, near their side of town. While I don't know them, I think it's much easier to think what we'd do if we were in their situation. Sometimes things are easier said than done. I don't know how I'd react if I had to walk out of my house everyday and see flowers and balloons and toys honoring a family member.

Remember, they've believed for the past 6 months that their granddaughter was still alive. And they went on many national shows stating such - even as recently as the day before the remains were found (Larry King).

I can only speak for myself -and in a weird and sad way, I think I'd be really angry if I walked out of my house and saw such a tribute. I'd be angry that I was deceived for so long; that I went to national outlets and told the world that I believed my precious family member was in fact, alive - and then to see the tributes - it would feel like the biggest slap in the face, like: how could we have been so naive .......

I think they are hurting and they don't know what to believe or who to trust or even what to think. Despite what anybody thinks about their daughter and her behavior, G & C should be allowed to grieve in peace.

Just my 2 cents.
The memorial at the site, not the house, is what I believe they're referring to.

Why can't people just donate in Caylee's name? Or have a private memorial at their own house? Why do they feel the need to shove it in the Anthony family's face? Only Casey has been indicted for the murder...not the rest of the family. You may not like them or the way they have handled things...but I find it very cruel to suggest their feelings should not be considered right now. imo

TxRose, how is it shoving it in the A's face when the memorial site is on a dead end street that the A's do not HAVE to drive by?

I don't see that happening unfortunately but I wonder when will someone -ANYONE - stand up for Caylee and say "NO"! "This memorial is in honor of her, (not you CA!) it is in recognition of HER life (not your's CA), and it is also a way for those who have come to love her (not you CA!) over the past 6 months, upon hearing of her disappearance, can find some closure".

CA haven't you done enough already?!
I agree and disagree - kinda. It would be wonderful thing if some neighbor went and moved it to their property (and somehow covered it so it was out of the weather). That way the only people that would have to be confronted would be the A's - IF they decided to "buck" that as well.

However, forming a human chain and/or causing any type of ugly confrontation would be so disrespectful of Caylee - it makes me tear up. A memorial should be a beautiful and welcome sight. Confrontation and yelling and screaming only makes it ugly.

Hopefully someone will step in before this really gets nasty.

IMO the A's have no say is the public creating a memorial. As another poster said - CA stated early on about knocking on every door, doing whatever she could. Well gee - all she had to do was go about 20 doors down. They never once went out looking. The area she was found in - I looked at on the map within the first week.

For those that say they can understand about the A's not wanting to see the beautiful flowers, stuffed animals and balloons left in rememberance - what about them (the A's) living in that house with hunks of drywall missing as well as pieces of carpet cut out in rememberance of what has taken place?

First, NO you are not dumb. ITA

Second, since I'm not there - today when I went shopping I went to the Savlation Army bellringer, as I was putting the money in the kettle the bellringer thanked me and I told her "I'm doing this in memory of Caylee Anthony". The lady nodded her head and thanked me again. I plan on doing this every time I go out until Christmas.

Plus, if I was any closer I do have a temporary canopy that I would definitely go put up over that memorial (and I don't care if I get it back) - but wait, the A's have one of those - they used it at the Publix parking lot. Wow - I just can't believe how uncaring and amoral these people are.

I can see trouble brewing if someone goes out there tomorrow and tries to remove it. Such a shame when the main reason it's there is to honor and remember that sweet little angel. I hope the property owner or LE steps in before it gets ugly.

This is just such a wonderful idea -- I'm going to start doing exactly the same thing. Thank you for your generous heart, SWAG, and for thinking of this!

"Casey will consume our lives with conflict" (statement given A's att. on their behalf)

"The "A" family will consume our entire nation with conflict at any opportunity and by any means or method that they can" (statement by me!)

I'm beginning to wonder if CA isn't addicted in some way to confict...? Is it the air that she breaths, the blood that runs thru her veins? Perhaps quiet reflection = death to her...

Absolutely addicted to conflict and if there is none to be found, it can be created easily enough!

I agree and disagree - kinda. It would be wonderful thing if some neighbor went and moved it to their property (and somehow covered it so it was out of the weather). That way the only people that would have to be confronted would be the A's - IF they decided to "buck" that as well.

However, forming a human chain and/or causing any type of ugly confrontation would be so disrespectful of Caylee - it makes me tear up. A memorial should be a beautiful and welcome sight. Confrontation and yelling and screaming only makes it ugly.

Hopefully someone will step in before this really gets nasty.

IMO the A's have no say is the public creating a memorial. As another poster said - CA stated early on about knocking on every door, doing whatever she could. Well gee - all she had to do was go about 20 doors down. They never once went out looking. The area she was found in - I looked at on the map within the first week.

For those that say they can understand about the A's not wanting to see the beautiful flowers, stuffed animals and balloons left in rememberance - what about them (the A's) living in that house with hunks of drywall missing as well as pieces of carpet cut out in rememberance of what has taken place?

I agree with your concerns about a human chain, that is why I felt that a neighbor with property adjoining the site where Caylee's remains were found would be very nice.

PLEASE her little bones are not laid to rest yet. They should at least wait till she is laid to rest.
the a's would be better off to not sweat the small stuff.
Their actions are so strange. It's as even in death they are still trying to skate around the fact that little Caylee is dead. I really hate to see the memorials along the highway only because it makes me realize someone passed away, but I am always impressed with how much it shows people care.
Why can't they LET IT BE ABOUT CAYLEE just once without them taking the spotlight off this dear sweet child?

TxRose, how is it shoving it in the A's face when the memorial site is on a dead end street that the A's do not HAVE to drive by?

I wasn't referring to that site. You were talking about a neighbor next to the A's possibly allowing it to be in their yard. I also mean the first memorial put up before the remains were even positively identified. That, to me, is shoving it in their face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member