Crime scene photos CASUAL VERSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a dark hair little girl and some kind of critter behind her, almost looks like a squirrel.

The more I look at that picture, I think it is of a baby standing up, and it looks to me like they are holding something, almost like a toy baseball bat or something. Thoughts?

I can see what looks like the bottom of Caylee's chin. I think the photo was inside the book and the book is lying open but because of the picture is probably cut off at the bottom we can not see it open. That is definitely something manmade either a book or trash. But DEFINITELY MANMADE.

Can someone please explain how you can see a picture, let alone see people in said picture? TIA!

Oh, please!

Due to the size limitations of the modern compact and ultra-compact cameras, especially digital cameras, the distance between the lens and the built-in flash has decreased, thereby decreasing the angle of light reflection to the lens and increasing the likelihood of light reflection off normally sub-visible particles. Hence, the orb artifact is commonplace with small digital or film camera photographs.

The orb artifact can result from reflection of light off solid particles (e.g., dust, pollen), liquid particles (water droplets - especially rain) or other foreign material within the camera lens.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

some people believe in orbs. funny how they don't appear in any other pictures. if it were a problem with the camera, you would think all pics would have strange lights on them?

http://www.newser.com/story/45744/crime-scene-photo-may-show-caylees-book.html

(Newser) – One of the police photos from the site of the Caylee Anthony investigation shows an object that could be a book she was reading shortly before her death, the Orlando Sentinel reports. Editors at the paper spotted the yellowish object in the photo and asked police about it, but authorities declined to comment on any potential significance, or even on whether they had noticed it. The photo is grainy and not a close-up, so the object could just as easily be a random piece of garbage, the Sentinel notes

Someone else please tell me that you VERY clearly see a dogs face in the second photo. From what would be the lower right hand corner of the book if you were holding it to read it, look directly up from there, 3/4 of an inch of so. I swear there is a dog's face there... I will wait for someone else to ask if it has a scarf on. I need to get offline... LOL
step away from the keyboard.

I'm so horrible at quoting so I hope this works....what I see looks like a small child with a crown on his/her head leaning over to maybe blow out a candle on a cake???

Maybe we should check the 2nd birthday pictures?

from this angle it definitely looks less like tree bark and more like a photo, thanks.

ETA-is the person wearing sunglasses? and pink shorts? lots of pics out there of caylee with sunglasses.

Could the rectangular yellow shape at the very bottom of the photo with the raindrops/orbs be Caylee's favorite book, "Suppertime for Frieda Fuzzypants"? It's the book she is shown "reading" at the Convalescent Home on June 15.

Isn't it a little to coincidental that "Caylee called Casey and was telling her about her favorite book" and this may be that book. So Zanny was the last one to see Caylee and the book? Is that going to be the answer to that?

Or maybe the meter reader did more then he said he did as far as touching things go? Just a thought.

I don't know the man, but I highly doubt that! If I had a skull fall out of a bag on me, I would run off to call.......Not keep looking and get my prints all over the stuff....

I'm so horrible at quoting so I hope this works....what I see looks like a small child with a crown on his/her head leaning over to maybe blow out a candle on a cake???

Maybe we should check the 2nd birthday pictures?

There are whole lot of pics of Caylee somewhere on the net , I cant find them
but a photo similar is in there

I see it, it looks like his right hand/arm is posed like he is ready to take a smoke off of a cigarette or his hands are clasped in front of him? but the shirt looks red to me IDK maybe I have been looking at these pictures too long tonight.

I thought it looked like KC wrapped in that flag

would casey be stupid enough to leave family photos at the crimescene?
like a nanny is going to do that

When CA asked KC if she thought she would get out of jail once they found KLee, KC said "potentially, mom I don't know)
She knew that if they found Klee there would be enough evidence along with the body to keep her in jail for a very long time.
I asked myself "if she really thought someone kidnapped her, the answer to that question asked by CA would have been HELL yEAH!" But that was not her reaction.

I definetly see what looks like Caylee book
I definetly see the photo but can;t make out what its a picture of
I don't really see the skull but I really don't think I want to
One of the pictures freaked me out, it was an optical illusion but still
THe whole thing is just so sad

Someone else please tell me that you VERY clearly see a dogs face in the second photo. From what would be the lower right hand corner of the book if you were holding it to read it, look directly up from there, 3/4 of an inch of so. I swear there is a dog's face there... I will wait for someone else to ask if it has a scarf on. I need to get offline... LOL

I see what you are talking about. It's like a big bulldog looking face of sorts.
Also, if this area was under water the pages may be a little messed up.

With all due respect, yes this is the crime scene photo thread, but I would have never expected to see pictures of a decomposing body (if there is one in the images). I expected to see what most of the shots were: just the area she was found in... not her. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do think WS does strive to take into account the feelings of the families of murder victims, so sensitive material, like say pics of the victim's decomposing remains, would not be acceptable to post. I know I would be horrified if I lost a family member this way and I came here to find help, to end up finding a thread where people are analyzing an image, saying it is my family member's decomposing remains.

As I said before: those "orbs" are doubled up, which means they are more than likely raindrops on the lens. Raindrops cause the double effect you see, because of how the light interacts with the raindrops as it enters the lens. I can easily recreate this with my own camera by putting drops of water on the lens and then firing off the flash as I shoot what is in front of me.

Goodness and you have been a member here for how long? Have you never gone in the cold case forums?! I have seen FAR worse in those threads. Autopsy photos, photos of a suicide victims Livor mortis,etc etc. An unknown was recently identified by their family member because of the photos we had here at WS of the victim. The victim happened to be dead in those pictures.

I get that it is upsetting but it is part of what WS is, it is part of what we do and sometimes it is the reason a case is able to be solved.

Can someone please explain how you can see a picture, let alone see people in said picture? TIA!

If you look at the yellow object in the picture that we are trying to figure out if it is Caylee's book, there appears to be a photo lying next to or slightly underneath it. We are using Internet Explorer (down at right hand corner) and enlarging the page.

I just want to say something..

It upsets me far more looking at Sweet Beautiful Caylees ALIVE face than that of a Skull that may or not be a skull !
And may or may not belong to Caylee.

A skull has no emotion.

Her little face is filled with emotions... Those big Brown Eyes.. that sweet little face that beautiful smile.

THAT UPSETS ME FAR MORE knowing that in all likelyhood she is Dead and will never smile again *cry*

I watched my mother die in a very bad car accident when I was seven. She died in me and my sister's arms... she was very injured as so were we....
the live pictures of Caylee are far more upsetting. Especially when she sings "You are my sunshine" My mom used to sing that to me.

If the skull was a DEFINITE picture or we could see the remains as the forensics team has seen them then this would be a much more viable conversation regarding the skull and still not disturbing to me.. I have already seen the most important person in my life die.

Don't know about the text or pictures matching but the colors -- aqua and yellow -- would definitely weather like that -- especially if it was in a bag that hadn't been open too long causing extreme exposure. I think it could be one of the *series* if not the actual book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper