Criminal Defense Attorney for Casey - Linda Kenney Baden

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So call me confused on this one. Last week the JAC challenged the Finnell/Baez request for traveling costs and additional investigative/psychiatrist costs, and Friday LBK resigned because she wasn't getting those same costs?

So even though LBK wasn't being reimbursed for those costs, Finnell thinks she will be? Why? Is this Baez's loopy idea or Finnell not reading the history to date on this case.

So call me confused on this one. Last week the JAC challenged the Finnell/Baez request for traveling costs and additional investigative/psychiatrist costs, and Friday LBK resigned because she wasn't getting those same costs?

So even though LBK wasn't being reimbursed for those costs, Finnell thinks she will be? Why? Is this Baez's loopy idea or Finnell not reading the history to date on this case.

Deep run the currents of entitlement.

Perhaps Finnell thinks that by volunteering to use her own car (mileage at JAC rates) [<--- isn't *that* kind of her?] she can slip in a few motel stays and a meal or four without Judge Perry noticing.

Plus, I suspect that Baez either (a) never bothered to clue her in, or (b) lied through his smirk.

Perhaps Finnell thinks that by volunteering to use her own car (mileage at JAC rates) [<--- isn't *that* kind of her?] she can slip in a few motel stays and a meal or four without Judge Perry noticing.

Plus, I suspect that Baez either (a) never bothered to clue her in, or (b) lied through his smirk.

It's the timing that is so interesting to me. I was expecting LBK to withdraw, but the same week?:waitasec:

There is some kind of statement there methinks.

Amazing how fast these vaunted warriors for the "innocent" and downtrodden decide it's not all that important when they have to foot the bill for plane tickets. Who usually pays for their meals anyway??

Amazing how fast these vaunted warriors for the "innocent" and downtrodden decide it's not all that important when they have to foot the bill for plane tickets. Who usually pays for their meals anyway??

Some attorney's while working on a case will bill you for there lunch. As if they never eat while they're not working. And we're not talking Burger King.

[/b]

Is that a new policy since the Spector trial?

YEP! and in:twocents: my sweetest humble opinion:twocents:, he should have extended it to the 11th Commandment "Thou shalt not express paid for "expert" opinions on cases where thou spouse is an integral party." or perhaps expand it to SHUT UP, unless you really HAVE SEEN ALL the data!:snooty:

BTW: I have requested that emoti-cons be added to our data base so I can REALLY express my opinion in my report but heck, the ole fuddy-duddies claim that they have to be "Just the facts. Ma'am"! and no colored markers, pens, pencils, quill & ink (for CM) or crayons For JB) either!:waitasec:

C'est la vie, c'est la guerre! :truce:

Beach, I've snipped a bit of your comment;

I think she knew he was an nutcase when HE personally referenced the Phil Spector case which she lost, hurt her credibility and totally massacred Henry Lee. When I was watching that exchage in court I immediately thought "LKB must be livid!!"....she wants to distant herself as far as possible from that mess. And it wasn't even the SA who interjected Spector, it was her own co-counsel. She is working pro bono, there is strong forensic evidence she is having trouble refuting and being associated with media-loving inept egoists like JB & CM - it probably wasn't a hard decision for her.

When Baez made that comment in court, my feeling was that he did it on purpose, maliciously and with afore thought - to make himself appear a little taller standing next to her - and as one of those innocent :innocent: comments people make "accidently" and later say - oh sorry - I just never thought of it that way, I mean it was your most recent high profile case and um...:laugh:

What a yokel that guy is. I think what he secretly hopes is he will be the last guy standing on the day the trial starts - so he gets all the glory. This poor beleaguered lawyer :loser: who has soldiered on despite all these rats leaving the ship - the guy's a real professional - or that kind of thing... :sick:

You may very well be spot on, LG.

At the time I was thinking it was the dumbest thing I had ever seen in my life. Figured that LKB probably mentioned privately to JB some exception to a law she used while trying to get evidence suppressed or admitted during the Spector trial. I figured JB just jumped on the chance to reference the high-profile case in front of Judge Perry w/o considering the absurdity of it. However, I digress. I have surrendered trying to figure out what is strategy and what is stupidity and ignorance when it comes to what the defense chooses to do. It is too mind-boggling. Either way, it ain't working for them. lol

The client does. The client pays for things like parking, airfare, food, lodging, gas, pretty much you name it.

Trials can get pricey.

Perks always come before equitable and fair justice for indigents ... right?

This may be a sign of that. We have long suspected that one of the points of contention with AL was that she wanted KC to consider a plea (remember AL defends against the Death Penalty. Any outcome that does not result in a DP verdict is a win in her book. MOST of her clients that she "successfully" defended will never see the outside of a prison. (or possibly all of them, I don't think she has any actual acquittal's) )

Now if we apply this to LKB I can't help but wonder. If there is the slightest nugget of truth in the travel expenses and costs reason for leaving (which I don't buy for a minute), the ultimate reason is that she would not recoup any such costs on the back end. Doing books, lectures, TV expert, heightened business from the publicity, etc. Win of Lose, she needs an actual public trial for that. A plea deal is just expense on her part that quietly goes away with no fame, no book marketing and no lecture tour. If they are seriously considering a plea deal it might be a strong reason for her to get out now. In a plea deal her area of expertise is not needed or used, she gains no fame or publicity, and never gets back any money she lays out. Simply cut her losses early and move on.

Although one other thing to watch out for. Keep an eye on the defense witness list. If LKB is no longer on the defense that does open the door back up for her husband to be used as an expert witness. Remember he will not give testimony in a case his wife is representing.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Good theory on the plea deal possibility!

BBM. While LKB's husband was not testifying per se in this case he was doing a good job of using his celebrity to mis-state and mis-represent the 'facts' on TV to pollute the future jury pool.

IMO that is a priceless double-act to have LKB mis-represent on TV as a Defense expert and her husband to complement as an 'independent' expert. He was more valuable doing that although he is good at confusing the science and evidence.

LMAO!! :crazy:
OT: I love sock monkeys! My DD sleeps with one every night as one of her 16 or so "lovies"....:)

I look positively Nordic (lol), but my DH is Hispanic. I wonder if that would score me a few points with Jose! Of course, a few clicks and he'll discover DH is a Dep. State Prosecutor and then we'll get the cold shoulder for sure. :snooty:

I love them too RG!! I make them so if your DD wants or needs another (or another 10) just let me know. My monkeys are pro-bono to good homes!!
JB is single looking for people to network with FYI. He has no children apparently and I seriously doubt if he loved your profile picture, he'd even take the extra few clicks to figure out about DH lol! So far he hasn't friended me. I may see if Geraldo will be my friend, then we'll have a friend in common. Or maybe I'll send him a gushing fan message. Or maybe not. :innocent:

Linda Kenny Baden issued a statement on her Facebook page about leaving ICA's case, you have to click on see more before you get to the ICA statement:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...k.php?story_fbid=118739614853098&id=627975757

excerpt:
Baden wrote: "After nearly two years of representing Casey Anthony in the forensic area, the forensic discovery is about to end. This year alone I took nearly a week's worth of depositions of FBI laboratory criminalists in Washington, D.C. in person and just recently in September several days of depositions of the Oak Ridge National Laboratories by Skype."

Linda Kenny Baden issued a statement on her Facebook page about leaving ICA's case, you have to click on see more before you get to the ICA statement:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...k.php?story_fbid=118739614853098&id=627975757

Oh, what a crock! :furious:

Casey Anthony is indigent. She is entitled to representation by a DP qualified attorney. Period. There are plenty of IN-STATE attorneys that meet that criteria. The State of Florida (nor any other state for that matter) should pay for HIGH-PROFILE OUT-OF-STATE attorneys for indigent defendants. If some rich philanthropist is willing to donate all that money to fund the defense counsel THEY WANT, then so be it....she would no longer be indigent. Until then, she has to abide by the laws under the State of Florida and JAC guidelines. So, either be the philanthropist yourself or shush it LKB.

Casey Anthony is indigent. She is entitled to representation by a DP qualified attorney. Period. There are plenty of IN-STATE attorneys that meet that criteria. The State of Florida (nor any other state for that matter) should pay for HIGH-PROFILE OUT-OF-STATE attorneys for indigent defendants. If some rich philanthropist is willing to donate all that money to fund the defense counsel THEY WANT, then so be it....she would no longer be indigent. Until then, she has to abide by the laws under the State of Florida and JAC guidlines. So, either be the philanthropist yourself or shush it LKB.

'Beach - you come out with some classics sometimes and this was one of them. Pushing that thanks button wasn't enough!:dance:

Casey Anthony is indigent. She is entitled to representation by a DP qualified attorney. Period. There are plenty of IN-STATE attorneys that meet that criteria. The State of Florida (nor any other state for that matter) should pay for HIGH-PROFILE OUT-OF-STATE attorneys for indigent defendants. If some rich philanthropist is willing to donate all that money to fund the defense counsel THEY WANT, then so be it....she would no longer be indigent. Until then, she has to abide by the laws under the State of Florida and JAC guidlines. So, either be the philanthropist yourself or shush it LKB.

I'm right there with you Beach! I would love for LKB to provide another case where a defendant exhausted over $300,000.00 before being declared indigent!

"it is my viewpoint that a nationwide overhaul of the system must occur involving both expenses for out of state pro bono lawyers in death penalty cases and multi-state credit for out of state pro bono time to fulfill a lawyer's public service obligations"

This woman is SICK. We should have a national overhaul in order to pay for fame-seekers from all 50 states to get tax funds to pay for their travel?? On what planet? Talk about megalomania...she chose to withdraw from a case she was doing "pro bono" for a year, then quits, and thinks congress should overhaul the judiciary??

I might go for that, IF prosecutors get to have out of state experts and analysts and attorneys for free to combat the defense scamsters.

Thankfully this case is not really about science, junk or other, it's about 31 days, duct tape, and laundry bags from the Anthony home, and a hell of a lot of lying.

I'm right there with you Beach! I would love for LKB to provide another case where a defendant exhausted over $300,000.00 before being declared indigent!

Exactly! She should address that to Baez! Punch Baez in the nose for spending all that money that could have paid for your 1st class seat and accomodations at the Ritz.

I am so tired of it all. Cindy & George haven't contributed a dime to her defense, yet they will find the extra $100 so she can buy bean dip and twizzlers. They will find the extra cash for tattoos and sparkly jewelry. Baez blows through $300K and now the FL taxpayers are burdened to make sure she gets a fair trial. Trust me folks - this woman is gonna get the fairest trial in the history of Florida jurisprudence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BexLuth0r
Back