Criminal Defense Attorney for Casey - Linda Kenney Baden

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly! She should address that to Baez! Punch Baez in the nose for spending all that money that could have paid for your 1st class seat and accomodations at the Ritz.

I am so tired of it all. Cindy & George haven't contributed a dime to her defense, yet they will find the extra $100 so she can buy bean dip and twizzlers. They will find the extra cash for tattoos and sparkly jewelry. Baez blows through $300K and now the FL taxpayers are burdened to make sure she gets a fair trial. Trust me folks - this woman is gonna get the fairest trial in the history of Florida jurisprudence.

Beach,
Baden said she had a Retainer Agreement but rescinded it, saying "not that she got paid anyway"
When did she become Pro Bono?

Beach,
Baden said she had a Retainer Agreement but rescinded it, saying "not that she got paid anyway"

If I remember it was shortly before KC filed for indigency, or as part of that filing. She stated she was pro bono when asked about it for the JAC. If she had not been pro bono at that time she would have been liable to see this show through to the end under the new FL laws covering such things. (The "JB" law).

Please pardon my dumb question here but ICA would sign the retainer of LKB - right? How was she expecting to pay LKB - would that be addressed in the retainer?

Exactly! She should address that to Baez! Punch Baez in the nose for spending all that money that could have paid for your 1st class seat and accomodations at the Ritz.

I am so tired of it all. Cindy & George haven't contributed a dime to her defense, yet they will find the extra $100 so she can buy bean dip and twizzlers. They will find the extra cash for tattoos and sparkly jewelry. Baez blows through $300K and now the FL taxpayers are burdened to make sure she gets a fair trial. Trust me folks - this woman is gonna get the fairest trial in the history of Florida jurisprudence.

Tired? Well CA and GA certainly aren't tired are they? They have all day to rest. I am amazed that they're able to claim disabilty - absolutely amazed.

There's no shaming some folk.:furious::furious::furious:

Please pardon my dumb question here but ICA would sign the retainer of LKB - right? How was she expecting to pay LKB - would that be addressed in the retainer?

One would assume so. At the very least it would involve the promise of money within a certain time frame. We do also have a suspicion that she lied to or negotiated in bad faith with JB in this regard. In one of GA's interviews with LE he talks about not trusting JB, and how KC lied to JB, promising him $4000 that she did not have. So obviously lying on the retainer is pretty much par for the course with her.

Beach,

If there was a Retainer Agreement then it was compromised by the screw up in questionable external funding or future book, movie, interview deals.

Maybe JB kept on promising some payment to LKB while he focused on spending the current pot as quickly as he could ... so he could pay no-one.

Lets face it ... JB is an amateur when it comes to capital murder cases never mind planning a budget into the hundreds of thousands of dollars for a prolonged case.

JB never expected the money sources to dry up like they did and, once LE found little Caylee and put the DP back on the table ... JB was financially toast.

I don't think JB even wanted to file for indigency. IIRC there was talk about it for some months and AL was taking the lead in breaking the news softly. IMO JB has been rescued many times by his more experienced team and there was a slight improvement in motions since CM joined.

LKB has departed the ship, Princess KC which ran aground on the rocks many months ago ... it could have been a challenging and interesting trial with the right Defense team.

Beach,

If I remember it was shortly before KC filed for indigency, or as part of that filing. She stated she was pro bono when asked about it for the JAC. If she had not been pro bono at that time she would have been liable to see this show through to the end under the new FL laws covering such things. (The "JB" law).

BBM

I remember it like Faefrost. I recall that hearing and her stating that she had a retainer agreement, but that she rescinded it because "not that she ever got paid anyway". I believe it was then at that moment that she confirmed in open court that she could now be considered working pro bono.

I would need to watch it again to remember everything that transpired for sure, but that ain't happening tonight ;)

"it is my viewpoint that a nationwide overhaul of the system must occur involving both expenses for out of state pro bono lawyers in death penalty cases and multi-state credit for out of state pro bono time to fulfill a lawyer's public service obligations"

This woman is SICK. We should have a national overhaul in order to pay for fame-seekers from all 50 states to get tax funds to pay for their travel?? On what planet? Talk about megalomania...she chose to withdraw from a case she was doing "pro bono" for a year, then quits, and thinks congress should overhaul the judiciary??

I might go for that, IF prosecutors get to have out of state experts and analysts and attorneys for free to combat the defense scamsters.

#2.Thankfully this case is not really about science, junk or other, it's about 31 days, duct tape, and laundry bags from the Anthony home, and a hell of a lot of lying.

BBM and added the #2. BBM

SO....if there was a national "fund" to address her game plan BOLD IDEA #1, would we not be losing the individual States' rights to govern?, creating an essential travel agency for a legal "brain drain" and just plain chaos over the entire foolishness of some interpretations of the actual concept of "pro bono" (which in reality should mean FREE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES based on one's commitment/interest/dedication to a cause or issue or just doing a FAVOR to a family). Doing pro bono, you carve out the time, figure out how to get the resources or SHARE the issues with others or even get a "ah, help yourself from an employer if he/she is of like mind (BUT NOT A PUBLIC ENTITY!)", use the experience a la Lyon as a teaching tool or whatever, maybe a thesis core for a co-authored novel?

And #2 is the ENTIRE case in the proverbial "nutshell".:dance:

Or it could have been that she was unwilling to see this thing through to the end once she had access to all of the forensic evidence, and saw that her reputation (and book sales?) would not be enhanced by being on the losing side. :innocent:
I feel sure she could afford to splurge on a few airfares if she still wanted to...

Seems funny that LKB was okay with it when KC was selling pictures of her missing/presumed deceased child. Money is all gone. What did she expect would happen if she wasn't giving JB a bill for her services back when he had the money? If she was donating her services why is she now complaining? jmo

ETA: Plus it must be hard to argue a case when you know that ALL the evidence you have viewed points at your client. Nothing to argue. Why WASTE your money. If the State were paying that would be a different story. Why put money into something you just know will not profit you or the client?

Or it could have been that she was unwilling to see this thing through to the end once she had access to all of the forensic evidence, and saw that her reputation (and book sales?) would not be enhanced by being on the losing side. :innocent:
I feel sure she could afford to splurge on a few airfares if she still wanted to...

Yes ... it is called investment towards a future return ... maybe in this case it was no longer a wise investment.

Remember the so called Defense Trust? A bunch of anonymous donors and investors dropped "ICA Futures" a long time ago, leaving JB without funds.

Yep, I think the case reached the point where it WOULD hurt her rep and book promos ... You can bet that if Baden thought she could most definitely argue against the junk science and be successful that she would still be onboard milking it for all it's worth ...

If LKB were that passionate about KC's innocence she'd still be there, as no amount of "lack of money" would keep her away. jmo

Late to the game....

But I predicted and commented many months ago that I believed LBK would be heading for the hills!

I suspect there has long been a conflict of personalities and defense strategies between her and Baez (like so many others) and this also played into her final decision to wave the flag. Interesting that she took the time to conduct recent forensic depos, however, and am speculating that after those depos, her suspicions that it would be difficult to find experts to refute the reports.

In a nutshell, her "Advantages of Involvement" column entries quickly became "Disadvantages" and she finally had a CTJM and declared "What the he77 am I doing?"

The "money excuse" was just standard and most likely the most likely excuse that could not be rejected by Perry. Even stating it was a conflict of personalities with the defense team would be risky in that Perry could simply state WORK IT OUT...but I cannot see him forcing someone to stay on the team if they are claiming it would create a "financial hardship".

Not a popular opinion, but I am getting more and more convinced that we are going to wake up one morning to the news that KC is changing her plea to No Contest.

But that is for another thread!!!

It wouldn't be so hideous if she wasn't running her mouth about casey being innocent and trying to paint the SA as some sort of evil omnipotent force. After all the lecturing about pro bono, etc... IF she were that dedicated, she'd see it through. She has to be financially well heeled. Plus, the added bonus that it's the 21st century and we have skype, email, phones and video conferencing...I don't think the cost would be that much.

I love them too RG!! I make them so if your DD wants or needs another (or another 10) just let me know. My monkeys are pro-bono to good homes!!
JB is single looking for people to network with FYI. He has no children apparently and I seriously doubt if he loved your profile picture, he'd even take the extra few clicks to figure out about DH lol! So far he hasn't friended me. I may see if Geraldo will be my friend, then we'll have a friend in common. Or maybe I'll send him a gushing fan message. Or maybe not. :innocent:

Huh? This JB is married and has one daughter from a previous marriage. Are you sure you got the *real* JB?

BTW, Mrs. Jose look to be pretty high-maintenance. I wonder how long she'll stick around after the foreclosures?

If there was a Retainer Agreement then it was compromised by the screw up in questionable external funding or future book, movie, interview deals.

Maybe JB kept on promising some payment to LKB while he focused on spending the current pot as quickly as he could ... so he could pay no-one.

Lets face it ... JB is an amateur when it comes to capital murder cases never mind planning a budget into the hundreds of thousands of dollars for a prolonged case.

JB never expected the money sources to dry up like they did and, once LE found little Caylee and put the DP back on the table ... JB was financially toast.

Oh, spit it out. JB is a spendthrift. Period.

Huh? This JB is married and has one daughter from a previous marriage. Are you sure you got the *real* JB?

BTW, Mrs. Jose look to be pretty high-maintenance. I wonder how long she'll stick around after the foreclosures?

My bad!! He makes no mention of his marital or familial status. He's just male looking for friendship and networking and I read the rest between the lines I guess. :blushing: Scary that. Thanks Numbers! (No wonder he doesn't want to be my friend lol!)
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000682230313

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895
Back