Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you responded to a post regarding Child Protective Services, I presumed, as other may, that you were referring to reports made to DCF be part of public records.

The last thing we need is for people to be afraid to make valid reports of abuse or neglect out of fear that their report will be/can be made public.
JMO

I see what you mean- in the quote I included in my post I saw "CS" and I thought that meant Crystal Sheffield.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I am really leaning towards Crystal, being scared, young and a past abuse victim. She did admit to drug use on national televison, in order to get everything out that she felt needed to be known. Which, in my book shows honesty. I was one that did Not like the idea of JR being on tv, but i am not living her hell. I also think Geraldo is a sleeze and who knows what he said to the family, with regards to it helping Haleigh. Jmo

i think the family was doing whatever they could, understandably to keep Haleigh in the news. Is mud slinging ever good? No, but i am choosing not to judge it.

It seems odd that LE would repeatedly request that family members not talk smack on each other to the media. Talking bad about your ex to Geraldo or anybody else shouldn't hinder a LE investigation.
Can you please provide a link regarding LE's repeated requests ? It makes me mad that LE would be worried about the family talking bad about each other when they're getting paid to look for Haleigh.

I beg to differ. Look what it has done to this board- the divisions created and valuable time being committed to battling it out. If Crystal's interview made even one person not call in a report of a suspicious neighbor because they made an assumption based on her accusations, I would think that would interfere.

If LE's resources were being burdened by unrelated tips on Ron's(if he's not responsible)personal activities, that would burden manpower available for following up on other more useful tips.

The airing of dirty laundry tends to stiffen the divide, divert attention, create a defensive posturing of possibly innocent people, and could cloud more obvious suspects, like SO's.

If it is someone outside of the family, either scenario, and a million others could be LE's worst nightmare, IMHO.

I beg to differ. Look what it has done to this board- the divisions created and valuable time being committed to battling it out. If Crystal's interview made even one person not call in a report of a suspicious neighbor because they made an assumption based on her accusations, I would think that would interfere.

If LE's resources were being burdened by unrelated tips on Ron's(if he's not responsible)personal activities, that would burden manpower available for following up on other more useful tips.

The airing of dirty laundry tends to stiffen the divide, divert attention, create a defensive posturing of possibly innocent people, and could cloud more obvious suspects, like SO's.

If it is someone outside of the family, either scenario, and a million others could be LE's worst nightmare, IMHO.

The trouble we're running up against here is that LE is saying "everyone is suspect" and "no one has been cleared."

The trouble we're running up against here is that LE is saying "everyone is suspect" and "no one has been cleared."

Right, but I was addressing how the interview could hinder an ongoing investigation.

I certainly don't have my mind made up, one way or the other.

om

The board was divided long before those interviews. Some got tunnel vision from the very beginning and weren't willing to look at other suspects. If the police are worth their salt, they aren't going to depend on what someone says on a TV show but will be using numerous investigative tools. That it upset some of the posters should not make any difference in the long run. These people close to Haleigh are scared, hurting, and have no real guide book on every step they should take, and mistakes will happen. I hope the police are investigating every aspect of this case and everybody who could be involved.

om

The board was divided long before those interviews. Some got tunnel vision from the very beginning and weren't willing to look at other suspects. If the police are worth their salt, they aren't going to depend on what someone says on a TV show but will be using numerous investigative tools. That it upset some of the posters should not make any difference in the long run. These people close to Haleigh are scared, hurting, and have no real guide book on every step they should take, and mistakes will happen. I hope the police are investigating every aspect of this case and everybody who could be involved.

Again, I understand that everyone is going to have opposing opinions in these situations. What I was trying to illustrate was that the nature of the interviews COULD interfere in the investigation in response to another post. I disagreed that it "shouldn't hinder a LE investigation" as my last post cited different scenarios to hopefully support that. I highlighted "investigative tools" in your post because I think that the largest tool in the investigation so far has been the tip-line. I may be wrong. I also disagree that it would seem "odd" if LE did make such requests given the unusually large umbrella of suspicion in this case.

I hope to only highlight that the interviews, for the general public, could have colored the information coming in to the tip lines. It may also have caused family members to withold valuable information in a defensive move. All of this could be an added burden on the limited time and resources of the department. And, I'd like to add that anytime you go against the advice of LE, especially in such a tight-lipped investigation, you risk derailing that investigation.

Hope I made sense, I'm super distracted by my kids and the flying water pistols around my computer! Gotta go! As always, JMO.

Would it be possible for someone to obtain Crystal's birth information?

For the charts that are being done for Haleigh to be as accurate as possible, a birth city, and Exact verifable time of birth. Either with verifiction of birth certificate, needle point with time, photo etc...

Haleighs information has been provided, just not verified with documentation.

I realize everything is crazy right now and if it to much of a bother for the family, please disregard. Our Forensic Astrologers have proven VERY accurate on past cases. This information on Ron, Crystal and Haleigh would be HUGE help to assist the hard work they are doing.

thank you for any imput

Again, I understand that everyone is going to have opposing opinions in these situations. What I was trying to illustrate was that the nature of the interviews COULD interfere in the investigation in response to another post. I disagreed that it "shouldn't hinder a LE investigation" as my last post cited different scenarios to hopefully support that. I highlighted "investigative tools" in your post because I think that the largest tool in the investigation so far has been the tip-line. I may be wrong. I also disagree that it would seem "odd" if LE did make such requests given the unusually large umbrella of suspicion in this case.

I hope to only highlight that the interviews, for the general public, could have colored the information coming in to the tip lines. It may also have caused family members to withold valuable information in a defensive move. All of this could be an added burden on the limited time and resources of the department. And, I'd like to add that anytime you go against the advice of LE, especially in such a tight-lipped investigation, you risk derailing that investigation.

Hope I made sense, I'm super distracted by my kids and the flying water pistols around my computer! Gotta go! As always, JMO.

I bolded the issue I wanted to hilight.

This may have brought in some worthless tips- but it also may bring in a tip that will solve the crime.

This may have brought in some worthless tips- but it also may bring in a tip that will solve the crime.

Exactly, because the police still don't know what happened or where she is.
The tips are screened and investigated in order of what they feel is the most relevant, that's my understanding anyway.

Well, I'll concede that. Initially I was only disagreeing with this sentence:

"Talking bad about your ex to Geraldo or anybody else shouldn't hinder a LE investigation."

Apparently I was less than persuasive with my argument.:p

I will say this however, The negative interviews may have also PREVENTED the tip that could've solved the crime.

And, I'd like to add(again) that anytime you go against the advice of LE, especially in such a tight-lipped investigation, you risk derailing that investigation.

Ok, I'm done :silenced:

My concern about the negative interviews is will people believe it all and just assume Ron did something to Haleigh or his lifestyle caused something to happen so people stop looking for her.

My concern about the negative interviews is will people believe it all and just assume Ron did something to Haleigh or his lifestyle caused something to happen so people stop looking for her.

Thats a very valid concern. I can't belive the way these families have put bickering ahead of their own child. They should have been able to set all this aside for the time being.

Are the phychics still there that Marie called in?
Any word what they said?

Article says she will help Crystal raise money and will keep Haleighs picture out there.

I wonder what kind of services she offers. Cystal is not the victim, Haleigh is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macogle