Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you were the one watching them at the time and slept through it? Would you feel you could never be left alone with your children again and feel this was just "punishment"?

I'm sure I wouldn't but I'd feel terribly guilty that I failed to protect them. But I'd know that I didn't hurt my child intentionally. The difference being that Crystal doesn't know that Misty or Ronald didn't, unless Crystal is the mastermind behind this.

I wouldn't think much of Crystal as a mother if she was not concerned about RJ's safety in the care of the woman on whose watch one of her children already vanished into thin air. She's got no way of knowing that Misty is not responsible for it, and the LE have given indications that they consider her suspicious.

I think one of the most valid concerns that CS's attorney can pursue in court is Parental Alienation Syndrome being committed by the Cummings family.

This is becoming more and more prominent in custody arguements- I know of several cases in which judges placed the children with the parent who is better able to cultivate and encourage the children having a good relationship with the other parent.

TN has been in the press more times than I can recall stating that Misty is like a mommy. That Misty will be Haleigh's mommy.

None of this bodes well for exhibiting that the Cummings family is capable of allowing Crystal to be a mother to those children.

Take all of the financial and criminal out of the equation for a moment and consider this. Every child has an ingraned desire to be loved by his or her parents. Thwarting this with actions or words can be very damaging to the psyche of a child.

No respect has been shown by that family to Crystal as the mother of those children. Instead they seem to think you can change mothers like you change shoes. That a wedding to Ronald automatically makes Misty Haleigh's new mommy.

That is not true and it's actually a form of emotional and mental abuse to the child.

Visit here:
http://www.paskids.com/
Oh, but the campaign they have ongoing to trash Ronald isn't parental alienation? Do you expect me to believe for one second they are not saying horrible things about Ronald in front of little Rj when he is in their care?! They have said things in front of him while he was sitting to the side off camera so why would I believe in private conversations they were not?

Now, they want to legally "abduct" Rj to further traumatize the child by taking him away from his father and the only life he has known to stick him in foster care before uprooting him to live with his mommy. The same woman who won't/can't get a job to help take care of him and Haleigh. The same woman who took him on national tv to exploit him and thwart an FBI investigation into the disappearance of his sister. The same woman who has shown herself to be less than credible already, imo. (See the story on Geraldo about the photo and what happened at the school plus the subsequent hospital visit which GR had to backpedal on!)

I doubt that Ronald will work nights anymore and will be home with Rj at night to protect him from now on. If Ronald had been home, I don't believe we would be here discussing Haleigh. We would probably be talking about what a hero he was to shoot the that tried to take his daughter instead.

If Misty slept through an abduction, Ronald could also have done so.

Oh, but the campaign they have ongoing to trash Ronald isn't parental alienation? Do you expect me to believe for one second they are not saying horrible things about Ronald in front of little Rj when he is in their care?! They have said things in front of him while he was sitting to the side off camera so why would I believe in private conversations they were not?

Now, they want to legally "abduct" Rj to further traumatize the child by taking him away from his father and the only life he has known to stick him in foster care before uprooting him to live with his mommy. The same woman who won't/can't get a job to help take care of him and Haleigh. The same woman who took him on national tv to exploit him and thwart an FBI investigation into the disappearance of his sister. The same woman who has shown herself to be less than credible already, imo. (See the story on Geraldo about the photo and what happened at the school plus the subsequent hospital visit which GR had to backpedal on!)

If Jr would be safer in foster care than with Misty and Ronald, then I say absolutely put him there until something is resolved legally.

And tell me, have you seen Crystal ONCE refer to Chad as Haleigh's daddy? Have you seen Chad claim that the kids consider him their daddy?

He has been around longer than Misty- after all Crystal's baby is about a year old. And given the family connection, he has probably known the kids their entire lives. But he is not trying to take anything away from their father and neither is Crystal.

TN shows her true colors every time she referrs to those children considering Misty their mommy. She is not their mommy. She never was their mommy and she will never be their mommy.

IMO she won't be their step-mommy for very long at the rate she's going.

And if you were the one watching them at the time and slept through it? Would you feel you could never be left alone with your children again and feel this was just "punishment"?

No, but I would understand why the mother of the child I lost didn't feel safe leaving her other child with me.
Misty is not Haleigh's mother.

I certainly can understand you feelings, what a horrible thing to have to think about. But I do have 2 questions for you. What if your child went missing under your care or the care of your childs father, or both of you for that matter? You know it has happened time and time again where the child was taken right out of their home while one or both parents were inside the home. How would it be any different? I'm just curious and trying to understand your thoughts :)

My thoughts were clear. I was talking about how I would feel if my child went missing while in the care of someone that had no biological connection to my child.

If Jr would be safer in foster care than with Misty and Ronald, then I say absolutely put him there until something is resolved legally.

And tell me, have you seen Crystal ONCE refer to Chad as Haleigh's daddy? Have you seen Chad claim that the kids consider him their daddy?

He has been around longer than Misty- after all Crystal's baby is about a year old. And given the family connection, he has probably known the kids their entire lives. But he is not trying to take anything away from their father and neither is Crystal. TN shows her true colors every time she referrs to those children considering Misty their mommy. She is not their mommy. She never was their mommy and she will never be their mommy.

IMO she won't be their step-mommy for very long at the rate she's going.
I have noticed she doesn't mention Chad at all nor does he appear to be in the media asking for Haleigh's return either. Now, is it because she is too busy attacking Ronald that she hasn't mentioned Chad or his relationship with Haleigh? I would actually like to hear from him and see him out there in force with the rest of the family.

I would love to hear from someone who has witnessed first hand the relationship between Chad and the children (Haleigh and Rj) who is not family or friends on their side especially after having a baby with Crystal. Does he treat them as the "step-children" or is he equally as attentive/loving?

The statement I have bolded is not true as they are trying to take away his child and ruin his life in the process. Chad was instrumental in helping this along with what he claimed to Geraldo.

Btw~ Foster care is never safer or the better alternative unless there are dire circumstances which in this case I feel Rj is much safer with TN and Ronald being close to LE/FBI, imo.

I feel sorry for step-children who the adults feel cannot love one person as much as another or cannot grasp the reality that children calling them both "mom" is nothing short of an attack. What a sad statement!! An adult parent should not feel "threatened" if their child loves a person enough to bestow an endearing title to the one taking care of them 24/7.

I not only accepted it...I encouraged my children to feel they could love and accept their "other mom" without harming my ego. They grew up thankful I never put such stipulations on them and never questioned their love for me. They love her as much today as they did when she became their "other mom" and so do I. She helped me raise well adjusted children and I deeply respect the love she showed them all these years. Jealousy and petty carp over who calls whom what simply wasn't as important to me as healthy children...mentally and physically. Some people need to GROW UP.

I have noticed she doesn't mention Chad at all nor does he appear to be in the media asking for Haleigh's return either. Now, is it because she is too busy attacking Ronald that she hasn't mentioned Chad or his relationship with Haleigh? I would actually like to hear from him and see him out there in force with the rest of the family.

I would love to hear from someone who has witnessed first hand the relationship between Chad and the children (Haleigh and Rj) who is not family or friends on their side especially after having a baby with Crystal. Does he treat them as the "step-children" or is he equally as attentive/loving?

The statement I have bolded is not true as they are trying to take away his child and ruin his life in the process. Chad was instrumental in helping this along with what he claimed to Geraldo.

Btw~ Foster care is never safer or the better alternative unless there are dire circumstances which in this case I feel Rj is much safer with TN and Ronald being close to LE/FBI.

If you think the judge did the right thing when he awarded custody to RC, then you should feel safe in whatever decision a judge will hand down at the hearing. Why is Crystal going after custody "taking him away" from RC, isn't it the same thing that RC did to CS ?
Why should a child live with his grandmother when he could be with his real mother.
RC will still get to see him. Every other weekend and on holidays.

I have noticed she doesn't mention Chad at all nor does he appear to be in the media asking for Haleigh's return either.

Bolded and snipped by me.

IIRC, Chad only comes down on the weekends and goes back to their place of residence so he can work.

As for Crystal not mentioning Chad...hmm, yes, this may be true. She does however mention Ron (who is Haleigh's father) when she is pleading for Haleigh's return. Ron doesn't mention Misty(who isn't Haleigh's mother) or Crystal(who is Haleigh's mother) during any of his pleas. Just an observation...;)

If you think the judge did the right thing when he awarded custody to RC, then you should feel safe in whatever decision a judge will hand down at the hearing. Why is Crystal going after custody "taking him away" from RC, isn't it the same thing that RC did to CS ?
Why should a child live with his grandmother when he could be with his real mother.
Very well put, Chicana. I would also like to add that the attorney stated that she's not rushing into a custody fight. She's gathering information and handing it over to DCF so that they can investigate any accusations or concerns.

I think its always helpful to put yourself in the same situation. I try & think about my ex and my children. If my ex had a 16 year old girlfriend living with him and while she was watching them one went missing......well lets just say that Crystal is being very civilized compared to the scene I would be causing. And yes I would be seeking custody as well. We really dont know why she didnt get custody for sure do we?

Yes Crystal owed child support (and I think she should pay back every penny) and yes she made a bad call putting Jr on geraldo BUT....I did see a picture of Jr with Misty and Rons family on the Today show this morning as well so they have no qualms about putting his face out there for all to see. Theres definitely enough blame to go around here. I also wonder how people would feel about Ron if it were to come out that he wasnt paying CS on his third child. Two wrongs dont make a right but its the same right?

Also, I might add that I have heard Crystal say many times during interviews and pressers that Haleigh was her Daddys heart and "I love you & your daddy loves you" but I havent heard the same from Ron and his family. Yes she dogged him out during Geraldo but she also dogged herself out too by admitting to prior drug use and such.
Just my thoughts

The best thing Crystal and Ronald can do for their children is for one or the other to move close enough together to both have stable relationships with them on equal terms. Joint custody and sharing in the care is the best solution. Let everyone come together to raise the children with love and kindness instead of bitterness and jealousy. Forget set visits. Forget who did what in the past. Forget everything except what is important to the children in the moment and for their futures...and do it together instead of isolating anyone who loves them dearly.

When you have a custody battle...yes...one parent wins, but the children lose automatically. The rift caused because of the battle alone is never going away. People need to get over their personal feelings towards the other parent and realize that the children are worth pretending you are friends or however they have to get through it...but there is no room for jealousy, arguing, petty carp, or winner/loser mentality. It isn't a football game or a wrestling match to see who is the better parent as every divorce/custody attorney would like to perpetuate. It is about allowing your children to grow up knowing they not only survived, but thrived through your divorce.

Bolded and snipped by me.

IIRC, Chad only comes down on the weekends and goes back to their place of residence so he can work.

As for Crystal not mentioning Chad...hmm, yes, this may be true. She does however mention Ron (who is Haleigh's father) when she is pleading for Haleigh's return. Ron doesn't mention Misty(who isn't Haleigh's mother) or Crystal(who is Haleigh's mother) during any of his pleas. Just an observation...;)
He isn't speaking from their hearts...just his own.

SeriouslySearching thank you for another terrific post.

I just wanted to add some thoughts. It seems odd to me that so many are willing to turn the other cheek when it comes to Crystal, her fiancee and family. Yet the claws and daggers are out for everything and anything in regards to Ron, Misty, and his family. Yet Crystals very own mother, spouse and extended family member have some pretty heavy criminal histories themselves. Crystal has had her own drug troubles and this is a woman who has failed to care for her children for the past several years now. I hear many excuses for her not paying child support, for not seeking to change custody etc. until now.

IMO there are far too many coincidences when it comes to Crystal at this time. Haleigh goes missing right about the time RC files for back support issues, she uses the media to exploit her son on national television there by putting the child at risk as well as the investigation. Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

It all seems rather "Anthony-esque" IMHO. Now she's got a PI running a paralell investigation along side LE. I am so sure that LE appreciates that. We all witnessed how helpful that was with Caylee's case didn't we?! Now Kid Finders is also helping them and has a website up for Haleigh, Crystal has been selling the t-shirts and raffle tickets and not positive but did hear of bracelets will check on that. And of course now after falling nearly 5 grand behind in child support, after her little gril goes missing she's going to start a custody battle?! Incredible, absolutely incredible IMO. Yet everyone's having a fit because Ron and Misty got married and went on the Today show to talk about Haleigh.

It all seems far to coincidental to me. But maybe it's just me who sees it all.

http://www.bringhaleighhome.com

Btw~ Foster care is never safer or the better alternative unless there are dire circumstances which in this case I feel Rj is much safer with TN and Ronald being close to LE/FBI, imo.

I feel sorry for step-children who the adults feel cannot love one person as much as another or cannot grasp the reality that children calling them both "mom" is nothing short of an attack. What a sad statement!! An adult parent should not feel "threatened" if their child loves a person enough to bestow an endearing title to the one taking care of them 24/7.

I not only accepted it...I encouraged my children to feel they could love and accept their "other mom" without harming my ego. They grew up thankful I never put such stipulations on them and never questioned their love for me. They love her as much today as they did when she became their "other mom" and so do I. She helped me raise well adjusted children and I deeply respect the love she showed them all these years. Jealousy and petty carp over who calls whom what simply wasn't as important to me as healthy children...mentally and physically. Some people need to GROW UP.

SS, I really enjoy reading your posts and think you are a very intelligent woman. The last part of your post above that I bolded sounds great and YOU are the reason that you have well adjusted children. Unfortunately, you in my opinion are not the "norm" these days. As much as I would love to say most step mothers are the way you described, I fear that is not true. What we need is more mothers like you and more step mothers like your children have.

I truly feel little Haleigh was loved by Ronald, Crystal and Misty too, however, even people who have the kindest and purest of hearts can make a mistake in parenting. I don't know that is what happened here, but I feel that since LE has went ahead and said it is no longer comfortable with Misty's inconsistent stories that maybe certain truths will come out. I just hope it is not too late for Haleigh. I was wondering if you feel like Ronald and Misty have done the right thing at this time by going ahead with their marriage and if you do why. I ask because I know you have been a supporter of Ronald, as have I, but I haven't read exactly what you think about them going ahead and getting married. TIA

I just wanted to add some thoughts. It seems odd to me that so many are willing to turn the other cheek when it comes to Crystal, her fiancee and family. Yet the claws and daggers are out for everything and anything in regards to Ron, Misty, and his family. Yet Crystals very own mother, spouse and extended family member have some pretty heavy criminal histories themselves. Crystal has had her own drug troubles and this is a woman who has failed to care for her children for the past several years now. I hear many excuses for her not paying child support, for not seeking to change custody etc. until now.

IMO there are far too many coincidences when it comes to Crystal at this time. Haleigh goes missing right about the time RC files for back support issues, she uses the media to exploit her son on national television there by putting the child at risk as well as the investigation. Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

It all seems rather "Anthony-esque" IMHO. Now she's got a PI running a paralell investigation along side LE. I am so sure that LE appreciates that. We all witnessed how helpful that was with Caylee's case didn't we?! Now Kid Finders is also helping them and has a website up for Haleigh, Crystal has been selling the t-shirts and raffle tickets and not positive but did hear of bracelets will check on that. And of course now after falling nearly 5 grand behind in child support, after her little gril goes missing she's going to start a custody battle?! Incredible, absolutely incredible IMO. Yet everyone's having a fit because Ron and Misty got married and went on the Today show to talk about Haleigh.

Hi Anais, I thought KF was there from the beginning. Didn't they first show up when GA went to give support to the family? tia.

If I recall correctly .... Crystal and family were the first
target .... that went on quite awhile... has changed in the last
few weeks or so. I'm sure it will rock back and forth. All peas
from the same pod, imo.

Hi Anais, I thought KF was there from the beginning. Didn't they first show up when GA went to give support to the family? tia.

You know I am truly unsure as to when they first came on board but will go and research it.

Thanks~ I would like to believe there are more mothers and "other mothers" out there doing the right things for their children. If not, we should be teaching them how to achieve this through counseling and much understanding of what they do to their children by constant frictions. It wasn't easy in the beginning for us either, but it was neccessary. (I must say the "other mom" in our lives was shocked when I first met her and lined out my "plan" to include her in everything. LOL She had only heard horror stories of ex-wives!)

While I don't think the timing was the greatest, if it is what they feel is neccessary to survive this ordeal then they need to do what they have to do. We don't know all the reasons behind the rush. We don't need to know either. Getting married is a personal choice and I wish them well.

Well...it explains a lot having KFN involved, doesn't it?! TN turned them down for their "offer" initially because she had been forewarned. Like I said...the circus has come to town and the ugly is going to follow. I feel so bad that Haleigh is going to being used by people who have no business getting involved and it will become about them instead of about finding her, imo. (sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487